Hello all; I'm new to pinstack so please be patient with me. I recently purchased ... RIM Handheld OS forum

spredvan no está en línea Stack level 1

7100t: Is it necessary or possible to upgrade from TMO 4.1 to Cingular 4.1?

Advertisement

Hello all;

I'm new to pinstack so please be patient with me.

I recently purchased a refurbed, unlocked 7100t from TigerDirect that has TMO OS version 4.1.0.309. I have Cingular service and when I initially installed my SIM card, the Cingular network was found and my voicemail and SMS settings must have been "pushed" through because those features worked.

There was no Internet icon available, but I later added the BIS data plan for $29.99.
    Once I set up my account, Cingular seemed to "push" additional settings through and the Internet icons were available. Connectivity is pretty slow. It takes quite a while to fully load a page. Maybe this is normal. Seems a little better that the dial-up connection I had years ago. LOL.

The latest version of Cingular OS is 4.1.0.377. Just wondering if having the Cingular OS would be of any benefit. If so, is it possible to change OS from 4.1 TMO to 4.1 Cingular, and how?

Cingular is getting ready to push out G3 in my area. It's suppose to increase internet speeds drastically. Will that affect Blackberry internet or just those on Microsoft-driven PDA's?

Any help in educating me would be appreciated. Thanks...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 7100t: Is it necessary or possible to upgrade from TMO 4.1 to Cingular 4.1?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It shouldn't be any problem loading the later OS, just remember to delete the vendor.xml file before connecting your BB to your PC. As to 3G, your 7100t won't be able to take advantage of it. It is limited to GPRS.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr