Got the beta installed and then found out the next day an official release was ... RIM Handheld OS forum

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Question .52 Beta > .52 Official

Advertisement

Got the beta installed and then found out the next day an official release was out from Orange.

My question is this: is it even worth it to do the official install? From what I've read you have to 'fully' wipe the device and all of that good stuff.

Any ideas or comments?

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but if your build number is the same, the firmware should be exactly the same...beta or not.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Got the beta installed and then found out the next day an official release was out from Orange.

My question is this: is it even worth it to do the official install? From what I've read you have to 'fully' wipe the device and all of that good stuff.

Any ideas or comments?
    Yes, it is worth it and yes during the install process you will or it will Backup, Erase and Reinstall Everything. So just to be sure about the Backup, perform a Full Backup first...

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C
    all orange did was take the beta and make it "official"

its exactly the same. always use jl_cmder to wipe your device after a full backup. then install new os and memory optimize and load DM and apploader after deleting vendor.xml and put it on your device

backup is very important and saves you everytime.
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyv View Post
    all orange did was take the beta and make it "official" its exactly the same.
    Correct although I would have put it a little differently. The beta doesn't embed vendor info and the Official does. To the BB though they are 100% the same with the exception of tracking codes that are hidden inside.

wlw1999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Correct although I would have put it a little differently. The beta doesn't embed vendor info and the Official does. To the BB though they are 100% the same with the exception of tracking codes that are hidden inside.
    What are tracking codes?