I just did this last night. I had the 4.3 Desktop Manager and tried to ... RIM Handheld OS forum

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

4.5 upgrade from t-mobile - IMPORTANT!

Advertisement

I just did this last night. I had the 4.3 Desktop Manager and tried to load the 4.5 O/S. Three hours later with multiple retries and panic I'll share some advice. Use the latest desktop software available when upgrading (4.6).

It turned out the 4.3 desktop software didn't have the drivers needed, so half way through the install I would get a communication error and my BB was a brick with a blinking red light. After that, my USB connection would constantly connect /disconnect.

I have it up and running now, I think by luck more than anything. Just thought I'd share a useful bit of info.

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by krees23 View Post
    I just did this last night. I had the 4.3 Desktop Manager and tried to load the 4.5 O/S. Three hours later with multiple retries and panic I'll share some advice. Use the latest desktop software available when upgrading (4.6).

It turned out the 4.3 desktop software didn't have the drivers needed, so half way through the install I would get a communication error and my BB was a brick with a blinking red light. After that, my USB connection would constantly connect /disconnect.

I have it up and running now, I think by luck more than anything. Just thought I'd share a useful bit of info.
    That's strange. Been using 4.3 DM with all my OS 4.5 upgrades (I have used many) including .81 and .93 as of late....

chicknician no está en línea Stack level 1
    and i solved lot of red blinking bricked phone by just using the application loader.....
    installing the os and everything from the update...

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3
    Where were you able to download the 4.5 OS? I went to the Tmobile store today and was told that they officially released it 2 days ago but when I got home I don't see the download link anyway on their site.

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    I Used 4.2 and it ran fine.

L84golf67 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuha View Post
    Where were you able to download the 4.5 OS? I went to the Tmobile store today and was told that they officially released it 2 days ago but when I got home I don't see the download link anyway on their site.
    DrSuha, try going to t-mobile.com/bbupgrade. Find your Blackberry and type in your cell phone number.

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by L84golf67 View Post
    DrSuha, try going to t-mobile.com/bbupgrade. Find your Blackberry and type in your cell phone number.
    That's what I did. I have the 8120 it still has 4.3.

vandal337 no está en línea Stack level 1
    HELP!!! I'm bricked up now and can't connect to my curve 8320 and im using the 4.5 dm. I've wiped the phone with jl cmder now i have a 507 code and still won't connect can any one help?

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well now use the apploader and the software will recognize your phone. Then do the upgrade or reload and you will be good to go. Doesn't mean you are bricked. Trust me. Bricked means no response at all from apploader or anything at all. I'm a brick expert. Lol.

heartsace no está en línea Stack level 1
    the link for 4.6 dm is h t t p : / / w w w . vodafone.de/hilfe-support/blackberry/112014_132840.html#rights

xk4yc3 no está en línea Stack level 1

i wiped my blackberry 8120 pearl with jl_cmder, and now i've got no OS whatsoever on the device.

i've installed the 4.5 OS for the device onto my laptop, but AppLoader doesn't know where it is, or can't recognize it.

to top it off, my Desktop Manager doesn't recognize my blackberry anymore.

please help

xk4yc3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    fixed it. vista was giving me problems, not blackberry.

i'm a beginner with all this blackberry stuff, but for those whose devices aren't being recognized, try the whole setup with a different computer.

xp worked for me when vista was about to bring on a migrane.
    Last edited by xk4yc3; 11-13-2008 at 09:50 PM.

LJBlazer no está en línea Stack level 1
    i wish they would just release the official upgrade for us 8800's!!