I installed the new beta 4.5 in my 8310 and I got it running even ... RIM Handheld OS forum

grmiller no está en línea Stack level 2

4.5 Problems with Browser

Advertisement

I installed the new beta 4.5 in my 8310 and I got it running even with video recorder and all and everything else works great but when I try the browser nothing. It doesn't even try to search for it. Yes my signal is turned on and the top right corner says EDGE not edge and in the services books everything looks okay. What can I do? Please

play11dg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Strange, I just had 4.5 on 8310. I am on ATT so are you? My browser work fine and I noticed it uploaded little quicker than 4.2. Maybe you can try pull the battery out for 30 sec., put it back, and reboot to see if its working. Once in a while it happen to me, either soft reboot or hard reboot will get your browser up running.

I have tryed all of that. No I am not ATT. I have one called Telcel here in Mexico City, Mexico. I even downgraded to 4.2.

Well the thing is I just got it today the 8310, I had a BB 8100 Pearl. But now I have this one. One question theses do not come with WIFI right? Also I have tryed to downgrade to 4.2 and the browser works great than I goto the 4.5 but it doesn't seem to work. Right now I downgraded to 4.2 and left the browsers open and running and than I put upgrade and backup and restore maybe with the backup and restore. It will restore the Browser 4.2 settings. Lets hope. Any other things you have seen wierd?

Thanks again.

Umm.. some of us are using 4.5 on 8310. We are experiencing many different kind of problems. For example, my only problem is device kept reset by itself when its on standby for long time. I don't know how long since I got it installed yesterday. I cant say any more about other problems till it actually is happening to my device. I am still exploring with beta. BTW, only Curve has WiFi would be 8320. I rather to have 8310 than 8320 because we got GPS while 8320 don't have one, but 8320 got WiFi while 8310 don't have. 8330 is combo but not come out just yet, I think. Got it? I am sure someone with much experience than I do, will post this to help you thru with your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by play11dg View Post
    Umm.. some of us are using 4.5 on 8310. We are experiencing many different kind of problems. For example, my only problem is device kept reset by itself when its on standby for long time. I don't know how long since I got it installed yesterday. I cant say any more about other problems till it actually is happening to my device. I am still exploring with beta. BTW, only Curve has WiFi would be 8320. I rather to have 8310 than 8320 because we got GPS while 8320 don't have one, but 8320 got WiFi while 8310 don't have. 8330 is combo but not come out just yet, I think. Got it? I am sure someone with much experience than I do, will post this to help you thru with your problem.
    One more question Have you been able to use the GPS in yours with the 4.5? Because I have read other forums and it says it does work. I have been in Mexico for 10 years now. Great work down here. So what state you in?

Good question, I have not use GPS since installed 4.5. I will check it out. I am in Western NY

Sounds good. I will wait for your reply than.

If you got Skype. My skype username is: millergr

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Hey que pasa?
    What you need to do is go to options } advance options } browser and make sure u change it to internet browser
    That fixed it for me and gps works great
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    The GPS also works. Keep in mind that this is a Beta and even though we are all using the same beta----because it has changed hands many times....it might not work the same on all phones. Try what Don said and see if that works. Also make sure that your permissions and TCP settings are correct. I dotn know what your TCP settings you are, but if you call your provider they can tell you.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

I already tried GPS on beta ATT Nav. It works good. Oh yeah, other problem with beta is icons in home screen wont stay hidden every time I add/remove applications and it will restart itself thru DM. Any icons I already hide, will pop out again. It kinda of bug me out a bit but I can ignore and leave it till the real 4.5 come out. I am enjoying with 4.5 so far.

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    I put 4.5.0.18 on my Curve 8310 with ATT last night and I have absolutely no problems with it. I didnt even have to reload much. I had to reinstall my Telenav GPS and reset up my BES account. But other than that, its smooth as hell and is pretty awesome. Videos from youtube are a little choppy sometimes but thats to be expected with a cell phone.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Some third party apps are requiring a complete reinstall in order to work properly with the 4.5 bootleg (I refuse to call it a Beta, since none of us are "testing" anything. We're choosing to load an unofficial OS that was leaked by a carrier.). So far, I don't know of anything that has completely refused to work with the OS. Some isolated incidences of individuals having trouble, but no widespread "this doesn't work" items.

It sounds like with your browser, there is a setting on the 4.5 that needs changing. When you downgrade to 4.2, most likely that setting is pre-loaded for you.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Please direct all 4.5 Beta OS discussions here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sues_here.html