I have OS 4.5.0.101 on my Verizon 8830. When I try to install applications that ... RIM Handheld OS forum

chriscrampton no está en línea Stack level 1

4.5 Permissions (No Allow Option)

Advertisement

I have OS 4.5.0.101 on my Verizon 8830. When I try to install applications that require me to edit the Phone, GPS, Company Network, and/or Carrier Internet permissions I'm unable to. (ie Vlingo)

Whe I click edit permissions and try to change for example the phone permissions my only options are (Prompt, Deny, and Prompt) there is no Allow option. For USB my optios are (Allow, Deny, Allow) and there is no prompt option.

Anybody seen this before or know a workaround?

chriscrampton no está en línea Stack level 1

Solution and Cause

After Days of trying to determine the cause and testing, I noticed that I do have a software configuration setup and an Applicaiton Control Policy for that one particular application. The only non default change I made was to have Internal Network Connections and Phone Connection set to "Allowed". When I have this Software Config/Application Control Policy enabled it will not allow me to change any other application permissions on the device to "Allow" for three settings in question. I'm not sure why a App Policy for one app affects all apps/permissions on the device.

Solution/Workaround: Remove the Software Configurations and/or Application Control Policy. Then you have complete control over the Permissions for all apps on your device.