Ok, I can't figure this out. I upgraded to the 4.5.0.37 from Vodafone off one ... RIM Handheld OS forum

r_garrison25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Question 4.5 OS for TMO 8100...help!

Advertisement

Ok, I can't figure this out. I upgraded to the 4.5.0.37 from Vodafone off one of the threads in Pinstack. Ever since I did this, it constantly keeps restarting. So I took the battery out and tried again...same thing. Then I took the memory card out and it seems to work fine. I was going to downgrade back to the 4.2 but it wont even stay on long enough to connect with the desktop, much less install the new software. Can someone please tell me if I did something wrong, or if its just the OS? I have seen a lot of threads on here with other people having various problems with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This seems to be a common problem with some devices, the 4.5 OS and media cards.

One solution people have found is to get everything off the card onto your PC and then reformat the card in the device.

Another option would be to upgrade your software to a newer release and I think there is a newer one available for your device that's not a beta, but I'll have to search around for that.
    Last edited by RogerG; 08-01-2008 at 03:40 PM.

There is an official release of the .55 software which you might want to try:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80830

You should still try reformating your card in the device, though.

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Thumbs up

I will try this...thank you so much for your help! If it doesn't work, could I trouble you for some more advice?

Absolutely......that's why we're here!

Good luck!

Roger

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Question

Ok. I re-formatted my memory card. I have downloaded the OS you suggested. How do i get to it from the desktop software? When I connect my phone how do i actually put that OS on the phone....last time it popped up said there was an available upgrade, but this time its not...what do i do?

You can skip a few steps, but here are instructions to upgrade:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

Really the only thing you have to do at this point is delete the vendor.xml file as described in the thread and you're off. Disconnect from DM before you do that, delete the file, then reconnect and you'll be prompted for the upgrade. Make sure the option for backing up your device is set to YES ABSOLUTELY!

Did you try the device again with the reformatted card?

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Smile

No not yet. I have to run off to work now I will try it as soon as I get home, I ran out of time! Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it. If I have any problems I'll be sure to ask ya. Thanks again!

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Question Frustrated!!

Ok, I did everything as instructed, and I thought it was fixed but it is still restarting. It will work fine for a few minutes and then it does it again. Could it just be my memory card or did I just royally mess up my phone? I have NEVER had this much trouble upgrading OS in the past. I apologize for the short tone, but I am just really at my wits end with this thing and I just dont know what else to do. I've come to the conclusion that I just wont have a memory card in my Pearl anymore because it works fine without it......Once again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks