Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have read so many horror stories here about the many problems ... RIM Handheld OS forum

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have read so many horror stories here about the many problems associated with 4.5 that I think I'll wait for the official release of the official 4.5 version. My 4.2.2 seems to be working just fine, so why jump in and take a chance on bricking a BB? I love my BB too much...

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Have u tried loading it with the batt already in?

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tried it with battery in and it wouldn't recognize my 8300...it's re-booting right now and everything is looking good so far. I'm still trying 4.5.

I think part of the problem I was having was that the instructions for "connecting when your DM won't recognize your berry" was not written when DM 4.5 was out...it's a little different.

I've got the spinning hourglass right now...waiting (about 3-minutes so far).
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

p00rcoll3geboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2474A786
    Finder, when I got my 533 error, I used those same instructions and it worked. It took a very long time, longer than it took if I had just done a normal upgrade. I just left it alone and went to play some Wii, when I was done playing, everything was okay again.

It locked up again...the hourglass froze at a sideway angle. I'm starting process again. I may try JL Cmder method if it locks again. I'll keep this thread updated and if it does work, maybe it will help someone else.

It's up to "installing application modules" again. Should reboot after that and then I'll get the hourglass again....and wait.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Man, how did that come along?, any luck with your BB finder?

I've got the hourglass again, so I'm at the point I was last time. Guess I'll be patient and we'll see how long it keeps spinning (hoping it doesn't stop again). I"m still hooked up to the USB cord, battery is in and DTM is also waiting, "connecting to device".

...still have the hourglass spinning at 13-minutes. Anyone think I should just keep waiting???

WAIT...spinning is now flashing!!! And spinning more...and flashing more!!!

Could I be getting close to the end???

IT's ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Run setup wizard!!!! Yippee!!!
    Last edited by finder216; 07-08-2008 at 01:02 AM.

I'm restoring my backed up data now, so everything looks good! It took about 15-minutes of "hourglass" to finally boot...just had to be patient. I'll post any problems glitches with 4.5.0.37 build52 tomorrow.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Good!!!!! Sometimes it takes FOREVER to load, then you get impatient and it's just causing more problems! LOL! I will usually rent a movie when Iw ant to upgrade my phone...keeps me away from the computer and keeps me from freaking out!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

4.5.0.37 build52 report - 8300

I've used 4.5.0.37 build52 for a few hours now and have had no major issues at all. One thing I did notice is that in my "messages" folder, all of my text messages (SMS) have a "!" in front of them. Not sure what that is about, or if its just a marker to let me know that it IS an SMS message, instead of an email. I also had to reset my TCP settings; it had reverted back to the AT&T settings (I'm on the T-Mobile network).

HTML email is really nice and that is what I was waiting for. My camera seems to work just fine (no white out problems as some other model users have reported), plus the video is a nice option to have. I'll check my battery usage and memory off and on today, but haven't seen anything abnormal yet.

It sure was nice to have other input from my PinStack friends, while I was having a few problems installing 4.5!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    If Im not mistaken, dont you also have to DL the SPECIFIC DTM for the new OS you're trying to install? e.g. 4.5 DTM for a 4.5 OS? Or can you use like the 4.3 DTM and install the 4.5 OS?
    Its probably recommended to update your DM, but I updated to 4.5 using the 4.2 DM with no problems.

itsrichduh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25476af4

I found .37 to be really unstable. Strange that they have this as the final relase.

p00rcoll3geboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2474A786
    .37 is a little slow but I haven't found any other problems with it, but I'm upgrading to .46 right now since I heard the browser's faster

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast