Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 LastLast

Upgraded yesterday... only problems I'm having is my theme backgrounds aren't the way they're supposed ... RIM Handheld OS forum

domesticated no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Upgraded yesterday... only problems I'm having is my theme backgrounds aren't the way they're supposed to be. Seems to be stuck on the hompage background and won't change.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, I've finally graduated to experiencing what I would define as major memory drain. I looked at my free memory last night and found it to read "0" ZERO? !!
    I wasn't missing any emails, msgs, etc, that I'm aware of - I usually keep that fairly well cleaned out anyway. I wasn't running a lot of programs - none that I know, nothing.

I cleared the log (alt, l,g,l,g) - no help, 0 free. I cleared cache - still 0 free. I rebooted (soft reset) and immediately got about 8.5mb of free memory - this is what I run with all the time.

I've never seen free memory go to 0 but maybe it does and I just never noticed. Let's hope RIM comes up with a solution to this problem soon.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    • BlackBerry Maps with Points of Interest (H)
    • Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation (H)
    • Voice note recording (H)
    • Video recording on Curve models (H)
    • Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player (H) <----??
    • Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo (H)
    • Native format attachment downloading (S)
    • HTML e-mails (S)
    • Over-the-air device upgrades (S)
    • Free/busy calendar lookup (S)
    • Searching the server for old e-mail messages (S)

H=Handheld
    S=Server
    SlingPlayer for Blackberry?? I've been waiting for that for a long while! YouTube as well, but to a lesser extent. I just loaded 4.5.0.55, so can you please tell me what I need to do to get those two features on my BB!?? My PIN is 2487D444.

Thanks so much!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

liggza no está en línea Stack level 1
    So I am waiting for the official at&t version of the 4.5 OS, is this pointless, should I just update with any version that has english?

Mods...sorry, please delete

Jayadith no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by p00rcoll3geboi View Post
    If that's the one from Sri Lanka, it works fine. Just remember to get rid of all the applications and themes you downloaded from mobile.blackberry.com that were meant for the 4.2 OS or you'll get that 533 error. I previously kept the Surreal theme and after upgrading to 4.5N I tried to use that theme and I got the error. Took me awhile to fix it. I'm now back on 4.2 OS because having html email just isn't worth losing my apps and themes that I use everyday. I'll wait for the official release. If you really want to try the 4.5 out, I think the .37 is a stable one
    Ya I agree.. I had da same prob wit da surreal theme as well.... Ya it's very much advisable 2 delete all ur old apps dat u downloaded 4 da 4.2 b4 u upgrade.. I also used da 4.5 version dat was avilable 4 dialog n still there a few issues I came across as well n downgraded again. I'd rather wait a4 da official release n c how ir goes...

Are you guys experiecing problems with 4.5? I've run it since .37 came out, and well before the BIS 2.5 upgrade. Never had a problem. ?
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    does any 1 know if there is an os that has the language pack for european letters or other languages than french or spanish??? would luv to get my hands on that... thanks

speedking89 no está en línea Stack level 2
    is this eastasia edition anything like the TIM Italy edition. i couldn't even get that to unload on my pc right

So the official version of 4.5 was announced for mid-September for AT&T. We're coming up on mid-October! I'm on .81 now. What's the latest you guys are using?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    SlingPlayer for Blackberry?? I've been waiting for that for a long while! YouTube as well, but to a lesser extent. I just loaded 4.5.0.55, so can you please tell me what I need to do to get those two features on my BB!?? My PIN is 2487D444.

Thanks so much!
    If you have 4.5 loaded you can just use the browser and go to youtube.com, for the slingplayer, you'll have to have a slingbox to connect to, then I guess you'll just need it's IP address. Not sure how we interface with the slingbox.

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    If you have 4.5 loaded you can just use the browser and go to youtube.com, for the slingplayer, you'll have to have a slingbox to connect to, then I guess you'll just need it's IP address. Not sure how we interface with the slingbox.
    Hmm...I see your point. And you can use an IP address instead of the Finder ID to connect to and watch your Slingbox.

However, this won't be very useful over an EDGE connection, what do you think?

Once the Bold is out, that issue will no longer be a problem of course. And as a long-time Slingbox owner and beta tester, I can tell you that SlingPlayer for Blackberry is coming soon. It took them long enough to put out SlingPlayer 2 for Windows, but boy, what a night-and-day difference that baby is. Incredible what SlingMedia puts out. The latest Slingbox PRO-HD is also stunning with the HD streaming. It consistently streams close to 2Mbps for me over my wireless N WiFi network.

802.11n is incredible. And Draft 2.0, which is already quite awesome, the N standard is still far from being ratified by the IEEE. Which, IMHO, is good, as it will only get even better, faster, and more reliable. If you know what you're doing, it's perfectly reliable NOW, though. With the right router, and the right WiFi card, you can use both the 2.4GHz, and the 5GHz together. It took me quite a while to find all the pieces of information that I need to complete the setup, including one repeater by way of WDS.

snoopspecial no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi, so i am going to install:
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.75 (Multilanguage)
    8300M_PBr4.5.0_rel75_PL2.7.0.66_A4.5.0.52_Cable_&_ Wireless.exe

on my AT&T 8300. Is this the latest and does it support english?

Thanks!

snoopspecial no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh... looks like .81 from Centennial Wireless.

sweet!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Snoop,

The latest OS for your 8300 (4.5.0.81) can be found here. All versions of the OS contain English.

Cheers,
    Roger