Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021 LastLast

Originally Posted by josephcaraccio what are the advantages of upgrading your OS I am running ... RIM Handheld OS forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by josephcaraccio View Post
    what are the advantages of upgrading your OS I am running 4.3.0.127 right now I know that is pretty old. what would I gain from upgrading though?
    HTML e-mails and Docs2Go.

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Thanks for the info guys. If I upgrade will I lose all the 3rd party apps I have installed?
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

Quote Originally Posted by josephcaraccio View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. If I upgrade will I lose all the 3rd party apps I have installed?
    Not if you do a back up!

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with 4.5. I believe that may play a part in why some stackers are having so many problems.

josefelix no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi everyone. This is actually my first reply on this forum.Can anyone tell me how do I install this from a Mac? I have never installed anything that is not OTA. Thanks!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by josefelix View Post
    Hi everyone. This is actually my first reply on this forum.Can anyone tell me how do I install this from a Mac? I have never installed anything that is not OTA. Thanks!!
    Don't know about using your Mac, but I don't think you can install an OS OTA.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

Quote Originally Posted by finder216 View Post
    Don't know about using your Mac, but I don't think you can install an OS OTA.
    Not yet you can't and I don't have it for some reason, but most folks that have upgraded to .46 or later have a new "option" for wireless updates.

I think that means that once the new OS is released, OS upgrades will be done OTA, which is WAY cool!

Quote Originally Posted by josefelix View Post
    The only way you can update you OS right now is via Desktop Manager on Windows machines. I know there are apps available to let you sync your device with your Mac, but I don't thing OS updates are available.

elconcho no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi all, I don't have browser data capability on my plan (long story), but I've been able to install apps on 4.2 by putting the COD files on my media card, going into the "media" app on my 8300 and clicking "browse" in the menu. This way you can browse to the media card and click COD files for install.

Anyway, in 4.5 the browse option seems to be gone thus cutting me off from non OTA, non DTM software installs like LiveSearch. Any suggestions?

EDIT: i'm an idiot. it's called "Explore" not "browse". working now.
    Last edited by elconcho; 07-25-2008 at 09:37 PM.

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Will upgrading this effect BES at all?

jjasonwwhite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by quinto1025 View Post
    Will upgrading this effect BES at all?
    You'll have to reactivate on your BES server but other than that there's no effect.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone hear anything about .55 coming out for our 8300s and if so, what any changes from .52 would be?
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was wondering about that too. I have an 8300 running .52, which is running pretty well for the most part. Curious about .55, but it's not as urgent for me as .52 was -- I needed .52 to get my VMWI back, and .52 is generally OK. Curious about .55, and even more curious about the later versions we're hearing about...

r1ckynutz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D1B73
    I've been very happy with 4.5 .52
    I havent had any big issues, its been running smooth , I dont get the hourglass so much and I've gone a looong time witout having to pull the battery.

I did notice on Tuesday and yesterday that my alarm did not ring (got late to work both days lol)
    I thought it was odd then I noticed there was no sound when i received messages.I checked my profile and it wasn't on silent or anything.
    So I did a battery pull and it worked again, just dont know why it happened.
    Last edited by r1ckynutz; 07-31-2008 at 11:03 AM.

Collie no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi,

I have a 8310Curve, and I'm still running 4.2.2.184 - everything works really good for me and I thought to myself "don't fix it if it ain't broken" - that's why I never upgraded. OK, that and I'm also afraid that I'm gonna f*ck something up

I use my curve as a phone and email client (BIS), rarely as a camera and to watch some video. Actually, the only thing I'd like to be able to do is to save all kinds of e-mail attachments to media card. Will upgrade to the latest software enable me to do that?

If yes, I would be extremely thankfull if someone could post a link for a step-by-step howto post for dummies (i'm sure there's one).