Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Well, being that I have an AT&T-branded Curve 8310, I went to wireless.att.com/blackberry , and ... RIM Handheld OS forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Well, being that I have an AT&T-branded Curve 8310, I went to wireless.att.com/blackberry , and clicked on "New Device Software or Desktop software" in the lower right corner, which redirects you to the AT&T part of blackberry.com. I don't see 4.5 on there, but rather only 4.3, for the Desktop Manager software.

And check this out: When I select 8310 from the list, it still says 4.2.2 is the latest OS!! Here's a link, so you can see what I mean:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Soo...What am I to do? lol... .52 works great, so what do you guys think I should do? Download 4.5 from the link a few posts back? Hmm...And which .xx is it anyway? .52? .5x? .4x??

@BERRYCURVE: I agree. .52 has been the best for me out of the two others I had installed previously. By the way, you said you fixed the HTML problem. Well, I get HTML in both email and the browser of course, but ONE tiny and annoying thing is that I STILL have to click on "Get Images", every time there is CERTAIN HTML images (mostly logos; everything else is HTML without my having to take any action) that my Curve apparently thinks are suspicious.

I would like that automated, of course. I'm sure I'm only missing a tiny tweak somewhere, but I cannot seem to locate it. Can you, or anyone else, help me with that?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by CrunchDude; 07-12-2008 at 08:57 PM.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Well, being that I have an AT&T-branded Curve 8310, I went to wireless.att.com/blackberry , and clicked on "New Device Software or Desktop software" in the lower right corner, which redirects you to the AT&T part of blackberry.com. I don't see 4.5 on there, but rather only 4.3, for the Desktop Manager software.

And check this out: When I select 8310 from the list, it still says 4.2.2 is the latest OS!! Here's a link, so you can see what I mean:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Soo...What am I to do? lol... .52 works great, so what do you guys think I should do? Download 4.5 from the link a few posts back? Hmm...And which .xx is it anyway? .52? .5x? .4x??

@BERRYCURVE: I agree. .52 has been the best for me out of the two others I had installed previously. By the way, you said you fixed the HTML problem. Well, I get HTML in both email and the browser of course, but ONE tiny and annoying thing is that I STILL have to click on "Get Images", every time there is CERTAIN HTML images (mostly logos; everything else is HTML without my having to take any action) that my Curve apparently thinks are suspicious.

I would like that automated, of course. I'm sure I'm only missing a tiny tweak somewhere, but I cannot seem to locate it. Can you, or anyone else, help me with that?

Thanks guys!
    Unlike the device OS, the DM is not device specific. I downloaded DM 4.5 straight from the BlackBerry web site. Looks and runs great. Used it to install the last two 4.5 OS on my Curve (.46 and .52).

Quote Originally Posted by BERRYCURVE View Post
    I installed the .52 this morning and I must say I'm impressed with everything. This is just what I needed while awaiting the BOLD's debut. I love the video recording and view youtube. Be sure to hit stop once your done viewing and not just exiting out from the video or you'll be rebooting your phone. I fixed my HTML problem by resending the service books so all and all I'm a happy camper. No real issue to report, good battery life yet I must know can I now buy a 8gb card and will it work???
    Yes, the 4.5 OS will support an 8gb card.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    @RoGro, that's all I needed to hear, I'm tryin to find me a deal online now, thanks...

AYN
    AYN no está en línea Stack level 2
    8gb and 4gb card come with class 2 , 4 and 6. Will class 2 be enough?

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Quote Originally Posted by AYN View Post
    8gb and 4gb card come with class 2 , 4 and 6. Will class 2 be enough?

What's the difference between classes?

AYN
    AYN no está en línea Stack level 2
    speed

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been using .52 for several days now and really love it. I don't know what could be done to make it any better, for the uses I put it through every day. I've had no lockups, no reboots and not other noticeable problems.

Anyone else found any bugs, or are the 8300s good to go?
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by finder216 View Post
    I've been using .52 for several days now and really love it. I don't know what could be done to make it any better, for the uses I put it through every day. I've had no lockups, no reboots and not other noticeable problems.

Anyone else found any bugs, or are the 8300s good to go?
    I've found the .52 release to be very stable. I only have one problem. After streaming something with the media player you have to be very careful on how you exit it. Almost every way I try to exit, crashes the phone and it reboots.

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am using .37 and i have a had a few bugs. Google Maps, and softrest do not not work at all. Then there are problems with My Alarm, but i think that it might be a firewall issue, so that it can access media on the SD Card. But i have .52 at home and i am going to upgrade to that today. Is that going to fix the softreset and the google maps issue?

Quote Originally Posted by che17 View Post
    I am using .37 and i have a had a few bugs. Google Maps, and softrest do not not work at all. Then there are problems with My Alarm, but i think that it might be a firewall issue, so that it can access media on the SD Card. But i have .52 at home and i am going to upgrade to that today. Is that going to fix the softreset and the google maps issue?
    I had .37 briefly but don't remember if the soft reset was an issue or not, but it works fine with .52. Can't comment on google maps, however.

::edit:: are you talking about the SoftReset 3rd party app or the left-alt, shift, delete soft reset you do with your keyboard? If it's the app then I cannot comment on that either.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I had .37 briefly but don't remember if the soft reset was an issue or not, but it works fine with .52. Can't comment on google maps, however.

::edit:: are you talking about the SoftReset 3rd party app or the left-alt, shift, delete soft reset you do with your keyboard? If it's the app then I cannot comment on that either.
    I am talking about the 3rd party app. I have never done a 'left-alt, shift, delete reset that is kinda cool. Does it do the same thing as the 3rd party app?

I haven't been able to get youtube to work either, when it switches over to the media player the screen just goes blank and won't play the vid. I have been reading into this and i think that by going to .52 that will fix the problem.

I have also noticed that it is a little slower when i open and send messages. Also in the message screen you can't see the full time stamp on the message. Its says "12:5..." I really liked being able to see the full time. Our these known issues with .37 and can they be fixed by upgrading to .52?
    Last edited by che17; 07-16-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: need to add more info

Quote Originally Posted by che17 View Post
    I am talking about the 3rd party app. I have never done a 'left-alt, shift, delete reset that is kinda cool. Does it do the same thing as the 3rd party app?

I haven't been able to get youtube to work either, when it switches over to the media player the screen just goes blank and won't play the vid. I have been reading into this and i think that by going to .52 that will fix the problem.

I have also noticed that it is a little slower when i open and send messages. Also in the message screen you can't see the full time stamp on the message. Its says "12:5..." I really liked being able to see the full time. Our these known issues with .37 and can they be fixed by upgrading to .52?
    Although I'm not sure what the difference is between a battery pull and a soft reset, I believe the 3rd party app is supposed to mimic the battery pull.

Yes, I believe all the issues you've mentioned are fixed with the .52 release.

Here's a description I found on the difference between a soft reset and battery pull:

"The soft reset will kill the apps you have running but a battery pull will reset the memory to its original state. So all those little bits of information that get scattered about when it loads an app are cleared out and that memory can again be utilized."

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Although I'm not sure what the difference is between a battery pull and a soft reset, I believe the 3rd party app is supposed to mimic the battery pull.

Yes, I believe all the issues you've mentioned are fixed with the .52 release.
    Sweet, i am updating it right now as i am writing this. So i am just hoping that it will be done before my lunch is over so that i can go back to work and play with it.