Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

I said I wasn't going to do it, but I demo'd 4.5 on my 8300 ... RIM Handheld OS forum

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Advertisement

I said I wasn't going to do it, but I demo'd 4.5 on my 8300 for 2 days. The install took a long time (35-45 minutes), the BB was very picky about themes, but they weren't made for the version, so that was to be expected. I was up and down about the browser. I didn't really like the amount of scrolling that's involved, but getting right into the text fields was nice. And man, the new browser is tons faster than the old. It puts the 4.2 browser to shame. I've gone back to 4.2 to wait for the official release.

One more thing, MEMORY LEAK!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I dont have a memory leak besides a java error from bbm here and there it pretty much flawless

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    I said I wasn't going to do it, but I demo'd 4.5 on my 8300 for 2 days. The install took a long time (35-45 minutes), the BB was very picky about themes, but they weren't made for the version, so that was to be expected. I was up and down about the browser. I didn't really like the amount of scrolling that's involved, but getting right into the text fields was nice. And man, the new browser is tons faster than the old. It puts the 4.2 browser to shame. I've gone back to 4.2 to wait for the official release.

One more thing, MEMORY LEAK!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i heard that too...about the theme issue.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    I dont have a memory leak besides a java error from bbm here and there it pretty much flawless
    You know, surprisingly I had no errors at all. I did get repeated dropped signal, then it would pick back up. I think all my programs worked with no problems. None of them complained, even bbm.

I found some areas that needed to be cleaned up, but I watched my memory drop all day long from about 16 mb all the way down to 3 mb when I uninstalled it.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Probably Cause I never really looked at my memory level, but none of my messages, texts or calls ever got erased

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    after putting the tcp settings in i still cant get youtube to work.... HELP!!!
    Before the settings all it did was show Loading at the bottom now it opens the player but then says error playing media.... HELP!!

drucheex no está en línea Stack level 1
    youtube doesnt work for me? is there a specific way to do it or something. I did a battery pull and went to the website but no luck playing a video

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    Quote Originally Posted by drucheex View Post
    youtube doesnt work for me? is there a specific way to do it or something. I did a battery pull and went to the website but no luck playing a video
    is your TCP settings set correctly? Mine only worked on Wifi before I changed my TCP to wap.voicestream.com. then it worked on EDGE

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Hey I can get to pinstack anymore after upgrading to 4.5 leak. It says it loaded the page and all i get is the pointer and a blank screen. any ideas????

drucheex no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreidel View Post
    is your TCP settings set correctly? Mine only worked on Wifi before I changed my TCP to wap.voicestream.com. then it worked on EDGE
    k ill try that out

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8
    What provider uses tcp settings of voicestream~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Hey I can get to pinstack anymore after upgrading to 4.5 leak. It says it loaded the page and all i get is the pointer and a blank screen. any ideas????
    Hmmm....I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem!

phild4000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by twillingham View Post
    What provider uses tcp settings of voicestream~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    T-mobile

curveaddict2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

about os 4.5

i just got my curve 8310 red about 6 days ago and it has 4.2 on it i was really thinking of going with the 4.5 beta but what should expect not to work
    and what will work i heard your rocking 4.5, does the html email work.

Thanks curveaddict2004

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    REMINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP ASKING HOW TO GET THE OS!!!!!! ITs going to get EVERYONE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People have it---that's IT...Accept it. When it comes to you, it comes to you!!!! IT WILL BE OUT SOON!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got ahold of the 8300 OS- let me say its freaking sweet!! Should be out soon as I have yet to see any bugs on this thing. ¤knock on wood¤. the video recording is awesome! Voice notes rocks....can't figure out documents to go, but haven't really played with it at all. The browser is sweet!!! With the calander, you can sync several emails,and have the option to show appointments only associated with one email, or see them all. If you are an admin assistant- perfect for managing everyones schedules.

Yes, there are playlists in the media section. A few cool new fonts. L dimension theme.

From what I understood of the "user agreement" we are not to ask or tell where we got this OS from or share it...so please dont ask because I wont share it.

((edit)) Here are the screen shots

Home Screen (all icons, after you click the berry button from L dimension, cant get shot of L dimension----every time you click the button to do it, it pulls up all the icons, LOL)

Video homescreen--getting ready to record video

camera open, getting pic taken

Calender

Calendar options---shows the different emails that can be associated.

Email recieved

Edit Address book

curveaddict2004 no está en línea Stack level 1
    sorry about the triple post my browser had a problem guys