Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Also the Beta that leaked, was most likely a version that one of the carriers ... RIM Handheld OS forum

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Advertisement

Also the Beta that leaked, was most likely a version that one of the carriers was testing. We talked about the fact I had it an had checked out the Code and decided NOT to install it on my Curve. He said he would not reomend it either til they get done with it. Its funny I never see any one having a fit waiting for the Next version of Windows LOL.
    RIM does the best testing and working with the carriers to put out a stable OS that does what they want it to, people have to remember, they have only been putting cameras in them for less then 2 years. These really only became in the public eye till the Pearl came out. up till then it was a no nonsense company device.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 04-24-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

MissDiva07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244a48e9
    omg...im having a major problem..soo i got a hold of the 4.5 for the 83xx and installed and did all that stuff and now my phone is not responding to anything...what do i do?? can i take it off and reinstall it?

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Also the Beta that leaked, was most likely a version that one of the carriers was testing. We talked about the fact I had it an had checked out the Code and decided NOT to install it on my Curve. He said he would not reomend it either til they get done with it. Its funny I never see any one having a fit waiting for the Next version of Windows LOL.
    RIM does the best testing and working with the carriers to put out a stable OS that does what they want it to, people have to remember, they have only been putting cameras in them for less then 2 years. These really only became in the public eye till the Pearl came out. up till then it was a no nonsense company device.

WES 2008 is in 3 weeks or so.... My guess is Blackberry is waiting to make the announcement then. It just makes since. 4.5.0.18 is very stable, and only has a couple minor quirks to it that I can find. I can not believe that .18 is not close to production.

May 15th- 18th stay tuned....

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    And what makes you think they did that? RIM has never made an announcement on release, they have made no promises to you or anyone else on OS viability, reliability or availability.

Had they done so then yes, your statement would be somewhat correct. Those who have leaked the beta and made statements about release dates are the ones to blame. RIM is still in the beta test stage and they should be allowed to complete that without being pressured by users to release an unstable OS before its time.

Remember, M$ only releases OS updates to their smartphones (if they can be called that) once and a while and you are required to update your device to get it because it won't work on the older devices. RIM releases OS updates and they work on almost every older device and without charge. People should be happy that they do that and not complain when they get things so nice for free.
    rim's reps have been talking to customers and carriers about this "great" upgrade since probably september. while there was no official release given about it, the reps should have kept their damn mouths closed rather than get everyone all excited about video and all the other features it "supposedly" has. then reps giving hints that it would be released in november. then january. then march. then april. rim has a pretty bad leak from their reps if all of this info is all over the place. you think that rim doesn't know exactly what information is out there and what we all know? you have to be a moron to think that they don't. and who's telling the reps these potential release dates??? hum???? freaking rim is. come on, don't be so naive about all of this.

rim releases os updates because they are trying to get into the private sector and they are WAY behind even the most basic phone when it comes to some of these features. they have to release these upgrades to catch up to the rest of the field, or else who's going to keep buying bb's for non-business use?

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    So can anyone confirm Docs to GO? How about some screen shots of it?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    rim's reps have been
    As far as reps being a reliable source, remember who you are dealing with, sales people. Their job is to create a stir about a product or OS so that people will do exactly as you and others are doing, get crazy about a release date. Then they can watch everyone go running to a carrier or a website for the latest OS or product.

Be patient. It will be out soon, when RIM feels it is reliable enough for mass consumption.

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Very nice I can't wait its taking too long dammit!!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    well that just sucks. 4.5 isn't coming out any time soon. i don't know what rim's doing but apparently they completly fubared this 4.5 thing.
    see if they're getting basically real-time error feedback and what not and it's taking this long to fix the os, that means it's really screwed up apparently. doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence to put it on my phone.
    rim's reps have been talking to customers and carriers about this "great" upgrade since probably september. while there was no official release given about it, the reps should have kept their damn mouths closed rather than get everyone all excited about video and all the other features it "supposedly" has. then reps giving hints that it would be released in november. then january. then march. then april. rim has a pretty bad leak from their reps if all of this info is all over the place. you think that rim doesn't know exactly what information is out there and what we all know? you have to be a moron to think that they don't. and who's telling the reps these potential release dates??? hum???? freaking rim is. come on, don't be so naive about all of this.

rim releases os updates because they are trying to get into the private sector and they are WAY behind even the most basic phone when it comes to some of these features. they have to release these upgrades to catch up to the rest of the field, or else who's going to keep buying bb's for non-business use?
    Wow. Just wow.

R&D on new software, particularly one with the level of enhancements this one has, relative to the previous versions, takes a lot of time.

Sales reps are SUPPOSED to drive interest and give optimistic dates for release. It builds interest and develops a sense of "need" in their customer base.

If RIM said absolutely nothing about this OS release, made no mention of it to anyone in the press, their carriers, the public, and just released it at some point in the future with a new phone roll out, most people wouldn't notice at all. And the impact on their market would be minimal.

Instead, they've got at least 1/2 dozen websites, with thousands of hits daily on each of them, chomping at the bit to get this OS. Thats excellent marketing.

And if you haven't tried the .18 bootleg, then you haven't realized that for a "not yet ready for prime time" OS, its pretty darn stable and reliable. So whatever beta level they actually are on, I'd say its getting close to ready. Sooner rather than later.

Strap on some running shoes and go for a jog. Drink a glass of wine. Hug a puppy. Watch Oprah or something. Life's too short to get bunched up about when this OS is getting released.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

play11dg no está en línea Stack level 2
    psi chick, haha your wrong. I have 8310 and I just installed 4.5.0.18 beta couple of days ago. It works just great except icons on home screen wont stay hidden. Big deal, and it doesnt bother me. About reboot by itself, it stopped reboot since first time. I dont know why but everything on my device are up and running good so far since almost 2 days if ur counting today. HAHAHA! Guess my lucky is on my side.

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jawbrkr View Post
    I installed os 4.5.0.18 on my curve and was happy with it, I had absolutely almost no issues and even got empower to work. My only issue with this OS is that the battery seems to drain at a quicker rate. I switched back to OS 4.2 only because of that.
    ive noticed it going through batteries quicker too
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Don't know about those of u that are having .18 issues---but I'm running it on my 8310---and We are 100% bug free!!! Don't know what RIM is still testing....but I am running the "beta" just fine and dandy thank you! LOL! I can't help but giggle when people talk trash about the beta---leads me to believe they can't get someone to give it to them---seeing as how a few of the complainers have not-so-nicely asked me for the beta and I've ignored them.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    I can update my 8310 from 4.2os to 4.3os with my carrier but don't think I am until 4.5os comes out I'm not in a big hurry!! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Thumbs up

Ditto
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    lmao this is like top secret government info.

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    I feel like documents to go is a big joke, since they are trial programs... Its useless. Anyone else feel me?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast