Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Originally Posted by curveaddict2004 i just got my curve 8310 red about 6 days ago ... RIM Handheld OS forum

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by curveaddict2004 View Post
    i just got my curve 8310 red about 6 days ago and it has 4.2 on it i was really thinking of going with the 4.5 beta but what should expect not to work
    and what will work i heard itsnowornever is rocking 4.5, does the html email work.

Thanks curveaddict2004
    Unless you've had BB devices in the past, and you're really familiar with how the OS works, how to run upgrades, etc. I would suggest just sticking to the base OS you have. Or, at the most, the most recent OS bundle from your carrier. The 4.5 unrelease is relatively stable, but it has a few minor quirks here or there. Without any experience running these devices, it could frustrate you and diminish your enjoyment of the phone.

Once you've gotten a few miles under your belt, upgraded a couple of official OS's, etc. if you really feel you should tackle it, then go for it.

Welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by ballr View Post
    I seen it on www.findityourselfandstopaskingtheforumsforillegal betalinks.net (com was used alreadyAnd of course at www.aint goingtohappen.com

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccall View Post
    I can't even get DM to recognize the device software after installing. I've tried everything.
    did you delete the vendor.xml file? Do that and it will be recognized.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    lmao....you guys arent right...

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i like how my tmobile web now has a mouse in it. makes navigating easier.

INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

jawbrkr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I installed os 4.5.0.18 on my curve and was happy with it, I had absolutely almost no issues and even got empower to work. My only issue with this OS is that the battery seems to drain at a quicker rate. I switched back to OS 4.2 only because of that.
    मुझे इस बात की और हमेशा की जा!

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

4.3 for 8310

so everyone is all hyped up about 4.5 that i swear is never coming out, but what about 4.3? my boyfriend got the 8110 yesterday and it's running os 4.3 and has video capabilities, html viewer for email, better browser, and a very nice new theme as well as other stuff. 4.5 isn't coming out this century, so what about 4.3 being released? anyone know anything about it?

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Girl, hold on to yer hat! Asking a question like that is sure to create a firestorm.
    RIM, stated in a previous release that 4.3 is nixed for release. They are going directly to 4.5..
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

well tell that to the phone that's running a 4.3 os. they didn't nix it for release, it's on a phone and quite obviously released. when will it be availible for other phones is what i want to know.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    The 8110, 8120 & 8130 are all being released with 4.3. The next OS update for not "new" devices is going to be 4.5 some point soon (unknown and unannounced date).

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    well tell that to the phone that's running a 4.3 os. they didn't nix it for release, it's on a phone and quite obviously released. when will it be availible for other phones is what i want to know.

Some of the Devices launched recently have 4.3 on them, TMOs 8120 has v4.3.0.115, while the 8820 which came out just a couple weeks before it is running 4.2.2.193, All the companies that release a new device with v4.3 will release the software for it to reload. but sadly that is it.
    According to a RIM rep that was at our site yesterday, the next release will be 4.5, and will be this summer, July or August. But this same speculation has been on here for months.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

well that just sucks. 4.5 isn't coming out any time soon. i don't know what rim's doing but apparently they completly fubared this 4.5 thing.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    It is taking a long time to be sure, The RIM guy I was talking to had a 8820 with the 4.5 on it, the beta they use that automaticly sends any errors OTA back to RIM. it looked pretty cool. and it was fast.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

see if they're getting basically real-time error feedback and what not and it's taking this long to fix the os, that means it's really screwed up apparently. doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence to put it on my phone.

ThePenguin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    well that just sucks. 4.5 isn't coming out any time soon. i don't know what rim's doing but apparently they completly fubared this 4.5 thing.
    And what makes you think they did that? RIM has never made an announcement on release, they have made no promises to you or anyone else on OS viability, reliability or availability.

Had they done so then yes, your statement would be somewhat correct. Those who have leaked the beta and made statements about release dates are the ones to blame. RIM is still in the beta test stage and they should be allowed to complete that without being pressured by users to release an unstable OS before its time.

Remember, M$ only releases OS updates to their smartphones (if they can be called that) once and a while and you are required to update your device to get it because it won't work on the older devices. RIM releases OS updates and they work on almost every older device and without charge. People should be happy that they do that and not complain when they get things so nice for free.