Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Just a quick show of hands: how many vzw ppl have gotten 4.5 on their ... RIM Handheld OS forum

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

Just a quick show of hands: how many vzw ppl have gotten 4.5 on their 8330. I am very tempted for the html email and the docs app. And also how easy is it to upgrade for each bersion that is released (like from .45 to .65) thanks guys~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I had installed the 4.5OS on my CDMA 8830 and it had a lot of bugs still....most of my 3rd party apps did not work or had errors, it was the 4.5 bundle 33. I am sure that there is a CDMA version for the 8830 out there somewhere but after my long process of reintstalling 4.2 and reconfiguring all of my apps, I will wait until RIM realeases it officially.....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    ^^To many stackers above, please remember that asking for, distributing or linking to any beta OS from RIM on PinStack via post or PM is against the PinStack rules here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/rules.php and the User Agreement you agreed to when joining here (#10): http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/agreement.php

Continuing to ask for, link to or share in anyway via PinStack will result in action being taken by the mod team.

In other words, keep it within the rules folks. You are free (and encouraged) to discuss it, but not share it.

Thank you

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I have it. Its up to you amd its a bit buggie, but you can see the possibilities. I recommend that you be fully aware of the repercussions if you do dl 4.5 for your 8330...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have it on my Sprint 8330 and is working good. The email sometimes shows pictures when you tell it to show all images. This could still need some work. When you get a BB messanger voice message you have to save it then go to the media to play it, because it just stays at buffering and doesn't play. Your able to send voice memo to other BB Messanger with no problem. Another bad thing is that you no longer can highlight your email example you have 30 emails that you want to delete. Before you could highlight them then delete them all at one shot. Now you have to do one at a time. I have over 200 emails so maybe there is a different way to highlight all but haven't found it.

seconds2none no está en línea Stack level 1
    OS 4.5 CDMA version has many bugs and issue. There are tons of goodies once a stable full version is release. Memory leak is the biggest that I have encounter and will freeze the 8830 from switch applications or even making a phone call. HTML email will not work properly until the BIS 2.5 is release for CDMA network.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 07-02-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: removed search text

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    BIS 2.5 has been release for cdma. Verizon is running it now. And ppl who are on beta 4.5 are receiving html emails. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    its not worth it.............................4.3 is just fine........
    Mike

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    What's the diff between 8130 os .97 and .127?

Anyone with the CDMA 4.5 not able to get phone calls? I just noticed today that I kept on getting missed calls and phone not ringing and shows unknown call. So now I'm going to go back to 4.3

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by ElCamino View Post
    Anyone with the CDMA 4.5 not able to get phone calls? I just noticed today that I kept on getting missed calls and phone not ringing and shows unknown call. So now I'm going to go back to 4.3
    My calls are working perfect.

rustym no está en línea Stack level 2
    The 4.5.0.33 OS for VZW on my 8830 has been great. It does have a couple of small bugs but none that are affecting the use of the phone. I haven't missed a call yet or an email, It roams fine and now we are getting HTML emails. If you try it and you don't like it, just go back to what you were using before. As long as you backup your phone before, it's really easy.

I loaded 4.5 with the idea of just giving it a shot, know I could go back if I wanted to. I even went as far as loading 4.5 and then going back to 4.3, just to make sure I could if anything went wrong. I was able to get back to my original configuration without any problems.

But I went back to 4.5 because it's really pretty awesome and won't go back until VZW releases the official version.

Yes I also agree 4.5 is nice. I ended up going back to 4.3 because for some reason it would go straight to voice mail when some one would call me. On my 8330 it would light up the screen and then show the missed call and would show as a unknown number. I had to go back to 4.3 because I needed to use the phone for work and emails. Now that we have the long weekend I might try 4.5 again and hope that I don't run into the same problem again. Anyone that tries 4.5 just backup before you install it so you can go back to 4.3 quickly.

elsizzle2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What is difference between 4.3 & 4.5?

elsizzle2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oops I n

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast