Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I don't understand what you guys are talking about. Do the CDMA curves not have ... RIM Handheld OS forum

charliehutch no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I don't understand what you guys are talking about. Do the CDMA curves not have the new software on them already? Cause my Bell branded says 4.3 for the OS, and the beta I have on my Rogers Curve gives me the same sort of functionality and software, etc as my Bell.

Hence.....WHat other software is everybody waiting to hear about? Other than the 4.3 being released to GSM which is already out for CDMA Curves and Pearls??

Cougar24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm waiting on MMS for my 8130 Pearl. Alltel said it would be functional with the new update.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

They just announced the 4.5 being released to the carriers & seems like gsm carriers.

Anyone know if the new announcment includes the cdma bbs?

@charliehutch

We are waiting for 4.3/4.5 for bbs such as the 88xx series & may be the 87xx & the gsm curves.

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehutch View Post
    I don't understand what you guys are talking about. Do the CDMA curves not have the new software on them already? Cause my Bell branded says 4.3 for the OS, and the beta I have on my Rogers Curve gives me the same sort of functionality and software, etc as my Bell.

Hence.....WHat other software is everybody waiting to hear about? Other than the 4.3 being released to GSM which is already out for CDMA Curves and Pearls??

4.3 and 4.5 are not the same. 4.3 does not have all the functionality as the 4.5 OS

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdkat View Post
    4.3 and 4.5 are not the same. 4.3 does not have all the functionality as the 4.5 OS
    Yeah, the major changes that I am personally waiting for is the data viz document editing on my BB and youtube mobile video compatibility. Thouse are the two main features that I am oh so urgently waiting for! If there were beta for CDMA I would happily use it! I was really disapointed when I got home and realized that there is no cdma beta! That was a soul crusher!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    What is in 4.5 that is missing in 4.3 OS on CDMA?

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b
    My 8130 and 8330 both can do all of that. Only thing I see missing from what was mentioned is document editing. Everything else works great....video recording, voive notes, better browser w/ onscreen mouse, good media player, updated fonts, MMS, blutooth stereo, loud speaker..and so on. All of this is already done. Just swith to CDMA. Eventually everyone will be on CDMA anyways.

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b
    And BTW with all that said, I consistently run with about 40 MB of memory free. Its great!

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Also, as I understand it 4.5 will have html email viewing for us BES users. Can't wait for that!

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleman View Post
    Also, as I understand it 4.5 will have html email viewing for us BES users. Can't wait for that!

^^whoop whoop
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

Richard1864 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I thought 4.5 is 4.3.1 not 4.3.0
    Apparently the first version of 4.5 is what is CURRENTLY 4.3.x.x. The NEW 4.5 has numerous upgrades and updates, including new media player, driers, etc., for 81xx phones as well as the latest BB's.

I have already confirmed with Sprint that they are testing 4.5.x.x for their 81xx and other BB's. No idea what Verizon and the other CDMA carriers are doing, and I don't know any release details.

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleman View Post
    BIS gets it, too. Don't feel too special

rustym no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a CDMA Verizon 8830 WE and am running a 4.5 BETA and it's awesome! It has the docs to go, the voice notes and hopefully after this weekend the HTML emails. I didn't quite beleive it when I found it but it works great. I have not seen any problems with it yet.

I'll post more tomorrow on differences.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am installing 4.5.0.33 right now!!!

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    doin mine rite now too, hope this looks good...lol

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast