I've just updated my frd's Rogers Curve to 4.5 so far so good, nothing seem ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3

4.5 Browser... new?

Advertisement

I've just updated my frd's Rogers Curve to 4.5

so far so good, nothing seem to change much... so I didnt understand the big hype

I've heard that theres HTML email and much improved WebBrowser... but its still the same thing and from what I know Rogers already updated into BIS2 and should have those upgrade

The browser still look the same, or am I missing something, or is "that" its because Im not impress

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    The biggest improvement I see is the Google search bar implemented in the software. I downgraded shortly after because 4.5 didn't wow me enough to make me keep a beta version long enough until the official release.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Big things I noticed on 4.5 - video recording, you tube works, and now html email. Also contact pics show up in emails.

Honestly not sure about the browser, its been awhile. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah, I was rather disappointed with the 4.5 browser "upgrade" as well. The only thing I've noticed is the new search bar (as mentioned), and the (quite useless, imho) mouse pointer, which I quickly disabled. I was hoping this would replace Opera completely, but unfortunately Opera still handles full site browsing much more efficiently.

Also, I thought I had heard mention that the 4.5 browser would offer "tabbed" web browsing (the ability to have multiple web pages open at once). that's what I was the most excited about. What happened with that, I wonder?

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    ....so I guess we'll just have to wait for 4.6?

clearly 4.5's browser is just barely making the grade