Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by tgeekb Umm, I have an 8310 running .37 and it records video ... RIM Handheld OS forum

bgill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461F24B

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    Umm, I have an 8310 running .37 and it records video so I don't know how that's being bold. Being accurate is more like it. Doesn't mean it will run on every device.
    You are absolutely right! I too am running .37 on the 8310 and can verify this fact. The OS records video.

jxb
    jxb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    go to settings, status then type BUYR, 2 new fields will appear which will tell if you do or dont have an IT policy
    Typing BUYR on the Options > Status page crashes my Blackberry to the point where you can't reset using Alt + Shift + Enter but must pull the battery.

jxb
    AT&T does not currently have any UMA service officially available nor has AT&T made an announcement about doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by logicbomb.de View Post
    ^^^^

While we're on the subject of UMA, does anyone know if AT&T supports UMA calling with the xx20 series (curve or pearl)? I know AT&T carries the 8120 but only through the website. the stores only have the 8110.

anyone know for sure?

[EDIT] According to the rep at the store, AT&T doesn't offically support UMA wifi calling - I'm sure most of you knew that already, but just in case... [EDIT]

One thing I've notices after two weeks with .37 is that my battery life seems to have dramatically increased during downtime after I updated iBerry Black-Whitelist to version 1.40

I'm not sure if its related to .37, it could just be that the code for black-whitelist was optimized not to use as many resources while running in the background.

Iinstalled this app less than an hour after purachsing my BB so I don't have a good comparison to the battery life without it, but overall my battery usage seems much more reasonable now, If I leave my BB on overnight without charging it (in standby mode) the battery level still shows the same percentage when I wake up.

also .37 seems to have "fixed" the sound quality of the earpiece. I was getting nasty distortion if the volume level was turned up past 40%.

All good now!!

jxb
    Also verified.

Quote Originally Posted by bgill View Post
    You are absolutely right! I too am running .37 on the 8310 and can verify this fact. The OS records video.

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    On tmobile phones such as the 8320 the .37 causes the sim card to lock out. This is specific the tmobile and is tickin me off lol. I lost 4 sim cards. Also, the UMA is gone. The 8320 will not connect to the UMA network. That's a shame because wifi mobile owners rely on this because they save money on calls through the @home add on feature. If it's not connected to UMA then they are billed verses not when on UMA
    would having tmobile unlock the phone make a difference?

jxb
    Quote Originally Posted by budkleppe View Post
    would having tmobile unlock the phone make a difference?
    no, unlocking the phone will make no difference since it has nothing to do with using a non-T-Mobile SIM card.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Anybody else tried to put a full length movie on their SD card? Lemme know if you find a way to get to respond while the movie is playing. I just use PSP formatted videos. I have two Simpsons episodes that play perfectly, just the 1:30 movie (Napolean Dynamite) made the device not respond- it was playing perfectly just wouldn't pause or stop, or anything else.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

4.5 os .37 version

I'm reading a lot about sim cards freezing or locking. I figure I've been lucky I guess as I have t mobile and a 2 gb card and have been using this beta version virtually flawlessly aside from the UMA issue. My sim has been working perfectly for about 3 weeks now at least. Just weighing in....

skinhead81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    254523AC
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Anybody else tried to put a full length movie on their SD card? Lemme know if you find a way to get to respond while the movie is playing. I just use PSP formatted videos. I have two Simpsons episodes that play perfectly, just the 1:30 movie (Napolean Dynamite) made the device not respond- it was playing perfectly just wouldn't pause or stop, or anything else.
    not enough ram to run it. i had the same problem the other week with some randon audio tracks with gpsed running in the background. couldn't select any options to pause or stop the music so just had to turn the volume down until it decided to respond. this was on .18 though and since using .37 i havn't experienced and issues like this ... although i also no longer have gpsed installed. (too much beta isn't better .....)
    "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    I didn't see this in the thread but do apologize if it was covered. I had 2 problems with 4.5 on my 8320 and had to rollback to 4.2.22.

I know the first one has been covered - No UMA
    I didn't see anything on the second - low volume. My GPS program or example was no longer loud enough to hear the directions in my loud car.

I rolled back primary because of the UMA but the volume was becoming an issue.

I have to say I missed the UMA more than I thought I would. I am away this weekend in the Jimminy Peak area of Massachusetts and there is absolutely no cell service at the resort, but they have free Wifi and after rolling back to 4.2.22 my phone works great and I can make and receive calls.

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    .37 is so unstable did the upgrade last night and basically erased all my apps so I installed everything back and realized thatUMA doesn't work! Went back to .18 much better...the only problem is the battery, wastes so fast!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    .37 is so unstable did the upgrade last night and basically erased all my apps so I installed everything back and realized thatUMA doesn't work! Went back to .18 much better...the only problem is the battery, wastes so fast!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's one big issue we've seen with tmobile users with uma

niceone no está en línea Stack level 2
    i found a v 4.5 but im a lil reluctant to upload it cus i dont know what im doing will i lose all info and media on my bb? also how do i actually update my 8310?

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    I've noticed that the 8100's camera has severe white balance issues on .37. Anyone know of a fix?

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by niceone View Post
    i found a v 4.5 but im a lil reluctant to upload it cus i dont know what im doing will i lose all info and media on my bb? also how do i actually update my 8310?
    its very easy do a couple searches on how to upgrade im sure you will find some Threads to help you out....not hard at all and you wont loose any of your media just make sure you back everything up and if you have a media card its even easier, just save everything on that and you are set.