Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

did you guys see this? http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379875... RIM Handheld OS forum

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    That is old, it is a posting about someone who thinks .18 was the official release when in fact it is just the Beta. As far as everyone knows right now there is no official release and no word of one. Especially after the big problems with .37

bobbyj1985uk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    257073FB
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Feel View Post
    So where do I goto download this 4.5 version that I've heard so much about and how do I install it? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Please dont ask for beta or ask for links its the forum rules. we dont want this thread closed as its helpful at pointing out errors for people who do have it etc
    ---~Loving his BB - True Crackberry Addict~---
    New Pin: 21153ADC
    ~~~~If In Doubt Pull It Out . . Battery Obviously ;-)~~~~

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    I think .28 was more stable than .37. I have some issues writing text on boxes.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Okay for all you people that are having problems with the media card rebooting
    Step 1 make a back up of the media card files
    Step 2 do not delete the files that you made a back up of leave them on the media card
    Step 3 no out it in your BB and then try and get to options>media card then press the menu key/blackberry button and click on reformat
    Step 4 make sure everything is working then by computer put all the files back in to the right folders
    If you say this doesn't work I have done I had constant reboot and all the same problems yall have had but it doesn't reboot unless I want it to so good luck follow all steps and if you need help wit anything pin me at 24354F43 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    In step 3 meant put it in your BB~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ward23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I here that att will release 4.5 on june 24th

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ward23 View Post
    I here that att will release 4.5 on june 24th
    May I ask your source? Are you an employee? Thanks.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreidel View Post
    That is old, it is a posting about someone who thinks .18 was the official release when in fact it is just the Beta. As far as everyone knows right now there is no official release and no word of one. Especially after the big problems with .37
    Please head to the following page and select 8310 from the list, and you will see this OS

http://www.vodacom.co.za/services/bl...s_handheld.jsp

It is indeed an official release from above carrier. From time to time, RIM will release new OS to carriers for testing. It is up to the carrier to release such OS to its customers after finishing testing. If they do so, at that point the "beta" OS becomes official one from that carrier.

However, I agree this build is so old that several builds had been released after this. I don't understand why they want to put out such old version and not worry about all the EGDE dropout problems that we already encounted So whether you want to use it, use your own judgement.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    First off---what problems with .37??? I haven't hit any problems on any of the "beta" OS's....

Who knows maybe they did something with .18 to make it stable? Someone got sick of making all of us use betas? LOL...who knows.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    First off---what problems with .37??? I haven't hit any problems on any of the "beta" OS's....

Who knows maybe they did something with .18 to make it stable? Someone got sick of making all of us use betas? LOL...who knows.
    On tmobile phones such as the 8320 the .37 causes the sim card to lock out. This is specific the tmobile and is tickin me off lol. I lost 4 sim cards. Also, the UMA is gone. The 8320 will not connect to the UMA network. That's a shame because wifi mobile owners rely on this because they save money on calls through the @home add on feature. If it's not connected to UMA then they are billed verses not when on UMA

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ^^^^

While we're on the subject of UMA, does anyone know if AT&T supports UMA calling with the xx20 series (curve or pearl)? I know AT&T carries the 8120 but only through the website. the stores only have the 8110.

anyone know for sure?

[EDIT] According to the rep at the store, AT&T doesn't offically support UMA wifi calling - I'm sure most of you knew that already, but just in case... [EDIT]

One thing I've notices after two weeks with .37 is that my battery life seems to have dramatically increased during downtime after I updated iBerry Black-Whitelist to version 1.40

I'm not sure if its related to .37, it could just be that the code for black-whitelist was optimized not to use as many resources while running in the background.

Iinstalled this app less than an hour after purachsing my BB so I don't have a good comparison to the battery life without it, but overall my battery usage seems much more reasonable now, If I leave my BB on overnight without charging it (in standby mode) the battery level still shows the same percentage when I wake up.

also .37 seems to have "fixed" the sound quality of the earpiece. I was getting nasty distortion if the volume level was turned up past 40%.

All good now!!
    Last edited by logicbomb.de; 06-06-2008 at 05:57 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBs in use: Pearl 8110

Currently running OS 4.5.0.42

spark916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have the beta on my 8100 .. and the only problem i have with it is my led light wont turn of its solid red..

lordhavmercy no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have .37 beta on my 8700g ......and so far the only thing that happens is that every once in a while my browser freezes
    U might not be the best lookin girl here, but beauty is only a light switch away......Sent via BlackBerry for
    Nous (Co-CEO of Micface Ent.)..myspace.com/nous_of_cdg or www.reverbnation.com/cdg

xxooxx0307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i'm having the same problem w/my 8100 after receiving a text or making a call the LED stays solid red does anyone know why?