Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

I'm not sure how I did it but someone sent me a link to the ... RIM Handheld OS forum

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I'm not sure how I did it but someone sent me a link to the 4.5.037 os. When I downloaded it never recognized it. Anyway, I use a Mac, so I dl the dtm on my wifes pc(also the pc for the new os), and connected my 8310 and it prompted me to upgrade. Took an hour but it's working great!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Great info. I was a little iffy about installing .37 on my Backup Pearl since .37 fried my Sim Card on my 8320 and I had to downgrade to .18. I guess I will give .37 a try on my Pearl today. Thanks again!

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    think we could add a poll to this thread? with the options being

running .37, love it will stick with it
    ran .37 will stick to .28
    ran .37 will stick to .18
    have not run .37 b/c of all these horror stories

if not would it be a problem if i created a new thread with this poll?

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I've certainly learned my lesson today! My SIM got fried the first time and got a new one. I didn't downgrade and it fried my SIM card again, not even 10 minutes ago. Thank god my sister has 2 brand new SIMs laying around. Will call T-Mobile to get one activated as soon as I finish downgrading. For some reason my .18 doesn't want to install and I don't want to downgrade to .184. Only if I can find .28 to downgrade to that OS.

EDIT: I have no choice but to downgrade to .184 since .18 doesn't want to work.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 05-31-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    think we could add a poll to this thread? with the options being

running .37, love it will stick with it
    ran .37 will stick to .28
    ran .37 will stick to .18
    have not run .37 b/c of all these horror stories

if not would it be a problem if i created a new thread with this poll?
    That's a good idea, but I think the device model could be incorporated into that too in some way.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I've certainly learned my lesson today! My SIM got fried the first time and got a new one. I didn't downgrade and it fried my SIM card again, not even 10 minutes ago. Thank god my sister has 2 brand new SIMs laying around. Will call T-Mobile to get one activated as soon as I finish downgrading. For some reason my .18 doesn't want to install and I don't want to downgrade to .184. Only if I can find .28 to downgrade to that OS.

EDIT: I have no choice but to downgrade to .184 since .18 doesn't want to work.
    i never saw .28 for the 8320. it jumped from .18 to .37. did you go into add/remove programs and uninstall the newest os 4.5 entry? if you have .18 and .37 installed, they will both be listed as os 4.5, but you know that the most recent date is the .37.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    I'm not sure how I did it but someone sent me a link to the 4.5.037 os. When I downloaded it never recognized it. Anyway, I use a Mac, so I dl the dtm on my wifes pc(also the pc for the new os), and connected my 8310 and it prompted me to upgrade. Took an hour but it's working great!

Delete the vendor.xml file. Make sure you installed it too. Just downloading wont install it.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Originally Posted by jbesdale
    Just installed release 4.5. I now have 2 calendars. one called default and the other my email address. Everytime I go into my calendar i have to "select calendar" and pick one otherwise all my calendar entries are duplicated. How do I remove one of the calendars?

i think i read somewhere that you can go into service books and delete one of the entries if its listed twice.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 05-31-2008 at 02:05 PM.

ss1248 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ssp2k5 View Post
    anyone put 4.5.0.37 on a tmo 8100?

also does this OS update allow bluetooth streaming...i think its called A2DP....i really want to get some stereo bluetooth headphones!

thanks!!!!!!!!
    I just installed 4.5.0.37 this morning. A2DP works, as does AVRCP (transmits the commands from the headphones to the BB if you have pause/skip buttons on your headphones).

I haven't seen much feedback from other 8100 users who have taken the plunge, so here's my two cents...

Overall on the 8100, I'm pleased with the features that other posters have elaborated on for all devices (except video recording, of course), but there are a couple of issues I've run into that I haven't seen mentioned before. Here they are:
    -Startup from a battery pull takes longer than it did with 4.2.1.109 (IIRC, took ~90 secs in 4.2, takes 2-3 mins in 4.5.)
    -Performance is not stellar. I haven't run into any situations where I've had to sit and wait for >30 seconds, but I haven't seen the significant improvements others have on other devices.
    -A tip: If you get a spinning hourglass for a while after your initial startup, just let the phone sit until it's done. I hadn't experienced this with the upgrade to 4.2.1.109, but apparently the 8100 needs to digest 4.5 a bit more. (I pulled the battery 4 times before I figured this out.)
    -Install Docs to Go before you try other 3rd party apps (i.e. Google Maps). It helps with the 3rd party apps, and Docs to Go is a great program to have, I loved it on my Palm, and was very excited to finally be able to get it for the BB. Hopefully with the official release, this will install automatically.

did the upgrade enable video recording for the 8100?

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Delete the vendor.xml file. Make sure you installed it too. Just downloading wont install it.
    I tried but never found how to delete it. When I installed DTM and plugged in 8310, it prompted me to download 4.5. I hope it's ok. No prob so far though.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    you shouldnt have to delete vendor.xml on the betas because they are not carrier branded OS's. I didnt delete mine.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Has the 4.5 beta been released for the 8330?
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnq View Post
    As far as the youtube bit goes for me, no luck...
    I click on the link/video the media player opens... then nothing else happens..
    thats all, I have tried all sorts of permutations where this is concerned with no luck

Did you try a battery pull?

because you tube works for me but if I use it long enough I will inevitably get this error.

The only thing that works for me to get it working again after I get the error is a battery pull.

Good luck!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBs in use: Pearl 8110

Currently running OS 4.5.0.42

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12

Lightbulb I Thought Os 4.5 Make's 8100 Record Video On It....

But No, Os 4.5 Dont Makes Pearl 8100 Record Video, Maybe When The Final Release Is Out! Cant Wait Until That Happen Jiji
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....