Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

So.....er'ummmmmm...is everyone ignoring my post about the 4.5-8320 resetting issues?... RIM Handheld OS forum

bestof85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244827D7

Advertisement

So.....er'ummmmmm...is everyone ignoring my post about the 4.5-8320 resetting issues?

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bestof85 View Post
    So.....er'ummmmmm...is everyone ignoring my post about the 4.5-8320 resetting issues?
    I had it running on my 8320 no resetting issues but it fried my sim after a couple of days and I downgraded to .18. But for the short time I ran it no resetting issues.

ksamel no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have an 8320 on T-Mobile and have been 'playing with' 4.5.0.37 for a week. Other than UMA not working everything else has been working flawlessly. No reset issues, much quicker browsing, nice changes to the address book. For a beta it's working well.

Yeah it was faster and great and I had no UMA, but I have unlimited wifi calling on my plan so that was major. I took a nap the second day and woke up with "initialization Failed" across my screen and that was it for data services, replaced sim the next morning.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Documents To Go> When i recieve a doc file in my inbox... how do i edit it with documents to go?

You can't docs to go isn't opening up the document but the default OS Attachment service is. The only way to edit documents with docs to go is to create a blank doc using your pc. A word document and name it blank and a powerpoint document and name it blank. Save them to your microsd card in whatever folder you use for documents. Copy the data from the email doc onto the blank doc and choose "save as" and rename the Blank document to whatever you want. You will always have a blank document there to start a new document or use it to edit a document you copied and pasted into a blank document.

The good thing about docs to go no conversion is needed between pc and bb. Just copy documentes back and forth between the two.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Well I did a Back up of my card and formed it, am Am installing 4.5.0.37 right now, I will format the card once the install is complete also, I did note that during the install it does but files on the Memory card for Doc to go right away. So we will see what happens.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

heartspeace no está en línea Stack level 2

Are there any official beta testers of 4.5 here?

If so - please report the following to RIM for ATT devices:

I am using the software beta that is leaked on the net. I wanted them to know that for the 8310 and International numbers using the .37 release that was leaked a couple days ago, it cuts off the end numbers if there are too many end numbers on the caller ID - resulting is poor identification to the caller who the callee is.

Also all their MAP integration doesn't work (yet?) with ATT - but I assume they know that.

ITookThisOnMyPhone doesn't work properly, it doesn't integrate with the camera like before.

It seems fast and responsive - much faster without having click sounds turned on for the trackball.

Installing with the 4.3 desktopmanager set for BIS - it tells the phone to start trying to use BES when ATT Navigator starts.
    Beyond411 doesn't work with the GPS.

The backlighting doesn't seem to work as well - pictures that I saw clearly before now I have to turn up the backlighting more to see.
    Deleting the sample video works, but then doesn't add the memory back until you uninstall the sample video.

There doesn't seem to be a way to delete the sample music, and who wants that song - its God aweful.

BBToday doesn't work with the phone - although it worked on almost all other blackberry models.

Opera Mini keeps asking for a low level connection - there should be a way so it can default and not ask every use.

I love the new option to search google/wikipedia/etc - but there should be a way to customize it.

Ok thats all for now.
    Last edited by heartspeace; 05-29-2008 at 02:15 PM.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    OK so far so good except I can't edit screen and keyboard settings?!?!?! I amd doing a battery pull now.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you so much msbrenda

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldevil View Post
    wow, am I one of the lucky ones using .37 without any problems??? I have had it running for over a week now and only had it crash on me when i tried running tellme, so i deleted the app, and its been perfect ever since. I have it on an ATT 8310.

Hope everyone has some better luck....
    No, no problems here as well besides some known random bugs I had with 4.2 as well.

sugardad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ef283

Lightbulb MY βeta conclusion so far

OK after many days of testing I have many results about stability, performance, internet speed, etc etc

.18 version
    It's definetely Fast, some memory leaks, some Media Manager Issues (minor and random like poor update when you add files over USB/BT) excellent Internet feeling compatibility with pages, stability and overall performance programs and apps are Installed correctly through DesktopManager....
    No Reboots

.28 version
    as Fast as .18, No or some minor leak Issues with Memory (can be fixed with , No Issues on Media Manager, Some Internet Issues on some pages also on majority on pages when pointer Is enabled and the page has Input Fields then you cannot go back and edit that fields (solution Disable the pointer), stability Is in overall Improved, Minor Program Incompatibilities and some themes/programs cannot be Installed Correctly through Desktop Manager
    No Reboots

.37 version
    Speed is somewhat an Issue here on a 2+ day term basis and so Stability IS...
    Minor memory Leaks and over time the OS gets heavier and heavier (more than .18) crunching precious memory (as In .18 MemoryUp application IS A MUST and also clearing logs)
    If you don't when you try to send an MMS or load a "heavy" html page the BB
    runs In a almost never Endings hourglass Loop
    Also Camera 2/3 times has malfunctioned (I take many photos)
    Issues with camera vary from camera button does not respond
    camera crashed and had the camera viewfinder on my Hoem screen
    (I spoke with a BB programmer and told me that this can be cause by LOW Memory
    and MEM Leaks Is a basic factor that seem to came back on .37)
    Internet Issues are here to stay on .37 as previously seen on .28
    the Tesxt Input Fields Issue exists and the only solution Is to DISABLE the VPointer
    Program Incompatibilities also continues It's legacy and expands even to Facebook which cannot be Installed through Desktop Manager but only OTA(!)
    Themes ALSO cannot work properly and In some themes Icon position and other settings AREN'T preserved
    No Reboots
    (.37 Is nice Huh?)

Phone was heavily tested on .18 .28 .38
    a. Various pages with Java scripts, CSS Scripts, plain etc
    b. MMS (Audio Pictures), SMS, Email (plain, Document, Audio, Video, Pictures, Combined)
    c. Downloaded .zip, XML, PDF, DOC files on SD
    d. Web Surf
    e. Music Playing+surfing
    f. Music Playing+surfing+sending MMS/Email
    g. Video Playing+surfing Sending MMS/Email
    h. Picture Taking/Video Recording
    i. Picture Taking/Video Recording while Hearing Music
    g. Picture taking/ Video Recording while surfing and sending MMS/Email
    (what want more?)

That's all for now I'd recommend to either Stick with .28 or even go back as low as .18
    (Personally I prefer .18 concerning theme and application compatibility)

I'm Running on BB-8310

Xorphan no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Some 4.5 OS Media Findings

I’m writing about changes I’ve found on the new OS 4.5 Build 37.
    I’m a developer & engineer for linux, but I’ve recently switched from my IPhone
    Back to my brand new 8800 I stopped using cause I got my IPhone a week after the 8800..
    Anyway enough of my story I’ll try to update this post with my findings, as they come.

Media,
    If anyone has noticed when connected to your pc through Mini USB and are accessing your T-Flash card
    The folder structure looks like this X:\Blackberry & X:\Playlists
    Under the Blackberry folder are the following folders:
    pictures, voicenotes, documents, videos, ringtones

I’m assuming but haven’t tried yet weather or not the playlist folder is specifically for use with their bundled roxio media manager, but when just placing an .m3u playlist in that folder references become incomplete when trying to play your music obviously because there in another folder.

While I haven’t tried to create a playlist with the music referenced to the music folder this would be a very unpractical use of already created playlists, so I’m sure in future builds they will be addressing this.

What I have found is that if you place both your music and playlist in the same X:\Blackberry\music folder your playlist will be recognized also and play your music that you have referenced through your playlist.

Going through this process also has given light to the fact that Gapless Playback isn’t available in this build. I WOULD SERIOUSLY HOPE, that this function will be added in later builds of OS 4.5

I’ve also noticed that while your phone is locked using the volume control you can still increase and decrease the volume of the music, if you press and hold the UP Volume control you will also skip to the following track in your playlist. Down does the reverse.

Hope this brings a little more insight into the music capabilities of the new not yet released Beta OS.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    try youtube, rewind a clip(multiple times) before its fully loaded and you get an instant reboot.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

murphdsurf no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21617B45
    Hello all,
    BB 8310 user here running .37 version.
    Had EmpowerMailViewer running on my 4.2 ver and loved that program.
    Now with 4.5.0.37 its not working at all. Hope that changes!
    You can watch Youtube vid's now.
    thx,
    Tom