Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by mwolens Okay, i downloaded the 4.5 beta os to my 8310 on ... RIM Handheld OS forum

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mwolens View Post
    Okay, i downloaded the 4.5 beta os to my 8310 on my dad's desktop. It was working good for about a day, but now all it does it restart about every 2 minutes when i'm not on it. Would somebody please tell me HOW to fix the current OS or help me downgrade to the regular?

I was trying to downgrade, but my dad's desktop got sent to a factory because of a breakdown, so i download blackberry desktop manager to my old laptop, installed the current OS from blackberry.com , but when i plugin my blackberry, it wont show up on the desktop manager!

Please help, thanks.
    Make sure you delete the vendor file

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by mwolens View Post
    Okay, i downloaded the 4.5 beta os to my 8310 on my dad's desktop. It was working good for about a day, but now all it does it restart about every 2 minutes when i'm not on it. Would somebody please tell me HOW to fix the current OS or help me downgrade to the regular?

I was trying to downgrade, but my dad's desktop got sent to a factory because of a breakdown, so i download blackberry desktop manager to my old laptop, installed the current OS from blackberry.com , but when i plugin my blackberry, it wont show up on the desktop manager!

Please help, thanks.
    [EDIT] LOL hoosierdaddynow beat me to it, but I provided a file path!!! mwahahahaha [EDIT]

Make sure you delete the vendor.xml file located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\

Desktop manager should prompt you about a "software update" as soon as you plugin.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBs in use: Pearl 8110

Currently running OS 4.5.0.42

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    nastyboy are sure about that?

Its true.

it doesn't make any sense, but it works.

I was getting all kinds of Java errors on the Gmail app - even though it mostly worked.

One I installed docs2go everything went smooth.

youtube streaming would also reboot my BB in the middle of a video.

Don't know if its related, but it hasn't crashed during youtube, even If i try my hardest!

sucks about the UMA/wifi thing, tho.

oh and RadioBee works well on .37 too, although I'm sure it'd work much better over wifi than EDGE. can't receive calls when streaming music but email works - don't know about sms/mms - I'm guessing no.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBs in use: Pearl 8110

Currently running OS 4.5.0.42

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok where do i get doc togo?

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Since 4.5 is a beta, I believe that the carriers don't have the service books to run AIM.

jak
    jak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]. What is causing this when I try to load 4.5.0.18 on a 8320? I tried at least 6 times. Each time I get an error on the phone and have to load 4.2 back on just to get the phone to work.

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by claykin View Post
    Same here with my 8100 and V4.5.0.37. Camera is utterly useless outdoors. Totally white image. Camera works fine with V4.5.0.18.

Also, with 4.5.0.37 the Auto flash does not work if taking a picture by pressing the trackball. Flash does work if using the Enter key or side button.
    man i'm glad to here i'm not the only one expiriencing this at first i thought my camera went bad but then I remebered that i upgraded to.37 and went to check if on my curve with.37 had the same problem but didn't so i was worried untill i saw this Thankz again to all my stackers!
    P.s. am now upgrading to .18!

liljay no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2427AD2F
    Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    ok where do i get doc togo?
    Go to your desktop manager and click app luncher(I have 4.3 manger). When the apps come up scroll down and check docs to go. That's what I did and everything is working great for me. I have the 8310.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok this soooo sweet I got my documents to go and I am excited it works... Thanks you guys r awesome. And my jive talk does work now.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jbesdale no está en línea Stack level 1

Question claendar problem with release 4.5.37

Just installed release 4.5. I now have 2 calendars. one called default and the other my email address. Everytime I go into my calendar i have to "select calendar" and pick one otherwise all my calendar entries are duplicated. How do I remove one of the calendars?

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    my sim card malfunctioned tonight. not sure if it had anything to do with os .37. all it says is initialization failed and i cant connect to edge or wifi. i'll have to get a new sim tomorrow. it wasnt new. it was probably around 5 yrs old.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 05-29-2008 at 01:32 AM.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by nastyboy2 View Post
    my sim card malfunctioned tonight. not sure if it had anything to do with os .37. all it says is initialization failed and i cant connect to edge or wifi. i'll have to get a new sim tomorrow.

yeah thats one of the issues ive seen with i think you are number 6 or7 on this site now who has said that. just to forewarn you sim cards are normally 20$ the representative at the store may give it to you for free but they are 20$ and i've heard multiple stackers have already relaced sim cards multiple times after going to the BETA software
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Damn T-Mobile, ATT Corp Stores never charge you for sim cards Gotta make up for the cheaper plans

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyboi View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Since 4.5 is a beta, I believe that the carriers don't have the service books to run AIM.

nope it doesn't you'd have to download aim for it to work, ir use jivetalk
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Damn T-Mobile, ATT Corp Stores never charge you for sim cards Gotta make up for the cheaper plans

it's really at our discression, i normally don't but some do
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter