Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by E3BK I've found 4.5 and thinking about installing it. You all seem ... RIM Handheld OS forum

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    I've found 4.5 and thinking about installing it. You all seem to be finding the bugs and working them out, but I'm feeling a bit insecure about it. So I have a few questions...

- will the 3rd party apps I've purchased work on the new version? Jivetalk, EMV, FindIt (not the infospace thing).

Will PocketMac resync back to the new version? I'm on a Mac.

- Will I need to readd all my BB Msgr contacts or will it download when I resend service books?

- Should I reformat the memory card and just reload?

I'm a little scared since I bricked my Nokia once and had to buy a new one at full price. Is it easy to downgrade back? How is the memory leak?

Thanks!

These are really good points. I have the same worries and was wondering the same things. I don't want to have to re ad my contacts and all of that.

I have the OS installed on my computer. If things are OK and I can get all of the info back onto my device, is there a link that will show me how to install it.

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Quote Originally Posted by liljay View Post
    this may sound dumb, but where do i go to, to download it
    Just hook up your phone to computer. Start desktop manager. Click application loader. Select on docs to go. Then it will load it for you.

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    I've found 4.5 and thinking about installing it. You all seem to be finding the bugs and working them out, but I'm feeling a bit insecure about it. So I have a few questions...

- will the 3rd party apps I've purchased work on the new version? Jivetalk, EMV, FindIt (not the infospace thing).

Will PocketMac resync back to the new version? I'm on a Mac.

- Will I need to readd all my BB Msgr contacts or will it download when I resend service books?

- Should I reformat the memory card and just reload?

I'm a little scared since I bricked my Nokia once and had to buy a new one at full price. Is it easy to downgrade back? How is the memory leak?

Thanks!

I have noticed a few bugs my self with the 4.5.0.18 Beta, but all in all it is working fine. The biggest issue I have noticed is that I have to pull the battery every other day just because the o/s stopps reading my memory card. But after the reboot it works great.

to answer your questions:

yes, your third party apps should work. I have a few games and the all important pinstack launcher. they all work fine.

I couldn't tell you about the pocket mac deal. It should work fine, but have a pc back up of your phone just in case. This is a 'beta'.

The BB msngr contacts stayed in the bb msngr and worked fine.

You shouldn't need to format the memory card. unless your planning on taking a lot of video and need the space. My curve read my memory card just fine.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Here's what I did to get the third party apps to work.
    When you install the OS make sure you set it to install docs to go. And after yo get everything installed and working, use the DM to remove docs and everything should continue to work. uia BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2

OS 4.5 plays XviDs without converting, but...

The video/sound is rather choppy on my 8300. Probably due to the processor. However, I wonder if a SDHC card would be any faster. I just have a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD right now.

AztecUK no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just flashed my 8820 to 4.5.0.37 beta and my mates 8800 to 4.5.0.37 beta - have to say working really well so far, had some issues with 8820 under 4.5.0.18 beta where the Wi-Fi performance was terrible, however 4.5.0.37 has done the trick, only bug I noticed so far was the About button no longer works?!? - oh well :-)

Much better browser, media player, this firmware does run a little slower to my last but so far so good :-)

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ytsejam1138 View Post
    The video/sound is rather choppy on my 8300. Probably due to the processor. However, I wonder if a SDHC card would be any faster. I just have a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD right now.
    its fine on my 8300 for a cell phone camera that is...it doesn't obviously compare to a digital camera or camcorder. i have a 2gb memory card myself.

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by justajason View Post
    Here's what I did to get the third party apps to work.
    When you install the OS make sure you set it to install docs to go. And after yo get everything installed and working, use the DM to remove docs and everything should continue to work. uia BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Strange fix, but it definitely works for any skeptics out there.

Gmail app was giving me java exception errors left and right, even though it was still mostly functional.

After installing docs to go, I no longer get error in Gmail.

It also seems to stop youtube streaming from rebooting the phone, but I'll still get the dreaded "cannot find webpage" in youtube every so often that will NOT go away until after a battery pull.

So far I'm really liking .37

the biggest thing that it "fixed" is that my earpiece is a little quieter, but it no longer distorts the audio if I turn it up past 50%. on the stock At&T OS (4.3) any call would distort the ear piece past 40 - 50% - I'd swear it was digital clipping.

Now I can turn the volume to max and there there might a slight dist in the speaker depending on the other but thats normal I guess, crank any speaker and you're bound to get some fuzz in the sound.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBs in use: Pearl 8110

Currently running OS 4.5.0.37 (52) - Thank you "partners!"
    Last edited by logicbomb.de; 05-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Question about 4.5 beta for 8320

ok.. just figured it out.. thanks.
    Last edited by JeffreyC; 05-27-2008 at 09:14 PM.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    8320 running 4.5.0.37 and it's perfect ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    its fine on my 8300 for a cell phone camera that is...it doesn't obviously compare to a digital camera or camcorder. i have a 2gb memory card myself.
    I was talking about XviDs. They now played untouched on OS 4.5 just choppy.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Empower mail viewer

Ok so things are good 4.5 rocks!!! The only thing is I cannot get Empower Mail viewer to work?? Anyone?

Fantom1023 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Has anyone had problems viewing attachments in email messages? I have BBSmart and cant view in BBSmart or regular view.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    I had to re-download it before. I did a Google search for blackberry facebook, then clicked the link for terms and conditions, they allowed me to download it OTA again.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That is how I got facebook on my phone as well. I know there is a link for it on Opera Mini, but I wanted it on my phone as a 3rd party app.

liljay no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2427AD2F
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddynow View Post
    Just hook up your phone to computer. Start desktop manager. Click application loader. Select on docs to go. Then it will load it for you.