Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by nastyboy2 my UMA started working today. the only thing i did was ... RIM Handheld OS forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nastyboy2 View Post
    my UMA started working today. the only thing i did was follow the troubleshooting steps below. i'm not sure if this is what fixed it, but when i woke up this afternoon my UMA was on.

under the help section at mobile.blackberry.com, i followed the instructions for troubleshooting uma problems. pull up the page on your bb and click on help and then click on hotspot@home(uma) is not working. then click on the install root certificate and the install trust certificate then reboot.

HotSpot @Home (UMA) Troubleshooting

If you recently restored data from your previous BlackBerry® smartphone to your new BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone, HotSpot @Home (UMA) might not work as expected and your device may not be able to make a UMA connection. In this case, you won’t be able to make voice calls over Wi-Fi, and you won’t see “UMA” displayed on the home screen. To resolve this issue follow the instructions below to install new root and trust certificates. Here are additional ways to determine if your device has this problem.

Instructions:

• When you are prompted, click OK and Yes.
    • When you are prompted to enter a password, type "blackberry".

1. To install the root certificate:
    • Click Install Root Certificate.
    • Next, click the "Import" button and follow the instructions on the screen. When prompted, choose to trust the certificate.
    • When complete, and you only see a "View" button on the screen, press the Escape key to return to this page.

2. To install the trust certificate:
    • Click Install Trust Certificate.
    • Next, click the "Import" button and follow the instructions on the screen.
    • When complete, and you only see a "View" button on the screen, press the Escape key to return to this page.

3. Remove and reinsert the battery to reset your device.

Please note: To avoid this problem in the future, if you need to restore from a backup of an older BlackBerry device, use Advanced Backup and Restore, and de-select the “Handheld Key Store” and “Trusted Key Store” databases.
    Looks like I'm gonna have to follow this advice again. My 8120 decided it wanted to crap out around 3:30 this afternoon. I have done battery pulls, soft resets, turned WiFi on and off, ran diagnostic tests and am wiping the thing right now after 8 hours of being able to sporadically email, PIN and text. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Failed to mention the thing has been all over the map as far as signal strength indicators. I have seen it go from WiFi with the UMA indicator all the way to GSM.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    Just loaded .37. So far, so good. But give me a few hours. I'm still learning the little tweaks in the interface.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Hehe good luck

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    before i had .18 and i wipe my 8100 with jl_cmder and put .37

fixed
    net problem with bbmessenger
    microsd read bug

apps works well
    Opera
    Webmessenger
    Viigo Tango
    Gmaps
    Vorino Clock

bugs
    camera get pics only blue color
    empower dont works
    9700 5.0.0.442 BIS WIND ITALY

PIN/ID
    LESS
    All apps work well no issues here

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, .37 solved most known problems I had with .10/.18 and no issues found so far.

bobbyj1985uk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    257073FB
    So no one still hasnt tried receiving video mms's yet then?
    ---~Loving his BB - True Crackberry Addict~---
    New Pin: 21153ADC
    ~~~~If In Doubt Pull It Out . . Battery Obviously ;-)~~~~

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e
    i have had small problems here and there since i installed last night. but after reboot everything seems to be fine. one thing i have noticed is it is locking up/slower more than usual. i am going to have to assume it is from the programs i have and space issues by adding all other software.

MMS videos i have tried with no luck. also tride email video with no luck.

spasell no está en línea Stack level 1

Downloaded new OS 4.5 for 8310

Ok, so I downloaded the new OS 4.5 for 8310 and it works beautifully...the video camera is excellent and the new calendar is pretty good as well.

One question that I have. I noticed, when I had OS 4.2.2 that there was a Desktop Version 4.3. So, I went ahead and downloaded that version for my 8310. After doing so, whenever I tried to run the desktop software, it did not recognize my device at all.

When I unistalled it and reinstalled the desktop version 4.2 SP2, it was fine. Other than the pretty new interface on version 4.3, anything else different? I'm wondering why it would not work for me.

And now, for whatever reason, I cannot remove my PTT feature following the instructions from a member here. It worked for me the last time but not now, even though the .cod remained the same for OS 4.5. That stinks since I know it uses valuable memory and I am being stretched at the moment for all my memory I can get.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok finally I narrowed down for sure the problems I have been having. I am assuming the beta has a size limit for files. No I didnt pinpoint the actual size but for about 10 hours yesterday I was troubleshooting the OS and found that picture size was the issue. This is on an 8310 for att. So far all my programs work, jivetalk, google sync, gtalk, att navi, pinstack launcher, weathereye. Youtube works pretty good, sometimes the phone resets and full screen doesnt work. Speaker volume is significantly lowered, very weird. Loving everything else! Vid cam works great, internet is awesome, email looks great.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Facebook & 4.5

Hi,

I have an 8310 running OS v4.5.0.37 and for some reason FaceBook does not download from mobile.blackberry.com nor from via the PC it also did not make it over on the back up?

Does anyone have any ideas as to why and where I can get a copy?

if anyone could do an OTA that would be cool

thanks

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    That's weird I am running it on my 8310 att and it works fine and my friend has a rogers 8310 same version of OS and hers don't work either we tried all kinds of ways and it didn't work who is yours with?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    That's weird I am running it on my 8310 att and it works fine and my friend has a rogers 8310 same version of OS and hers don't work either we tried all kinds of ways and it didn't work who is yours with?

I am on T-Mobile UK.

I might try on Opera Mini

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Point your browser to this link and let me know if it goes straight to the download page

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...ownloadServlet

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    Point your browser to this link and let me know if it goes straight to the download page

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...ownloadServlet

nope got a 500 Error