Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Tate002 yea jivetalk isn't working for me either blackberry maps the same... ... RIM Handheld OS forum

WizeGi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249ed774

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    yea jivetalk isn't working for me either blackberry maps the same... Opera does work well
    I have tested:

Nav4all
    Opera
    Viigo

These are working well - going to test the rest later - my main issue is that the whole device seems to have sloooowed down.

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C

Question issues after downgrade

major issues with .37 so I went back down to 4.2.2.184 and everything is smooth sailing except my address book with 191 contacts never came back. I will have to sync with outlook at work tomorrow and that will help. For now I just imported old contacts from sim and did ALOT of editing, wow.

Now I have a BB messenger issue. My contacts are gone and when I go to add them I get this message: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

And it closes!!!! Is there ANYTHING that can fix this before I do a full wipe and re-install. If anyone even thinks that will work.

I am on T-Mobile Curve 8320

Thanks.
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    some applications aren't set to work on software that high so thats why some do not work
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Quote Originally Posted by atsmark View Post
    Is there a known issue with jpeg size on memory cards? I have narrowed it down to pictures on my mem card...
    Since you mentioned it, I did have a problem with jpeg size on .18. I couldnt figure out what the issue was so I started removing things to see what the deal was. My phone would lock up during the security check after boot.

I removed both the sim and the sd card and it was fine. Replaced the sim and it was fine. Put the sd card back in and it wouldnt boot. Boot without sd and turn of media card support and reinstall the sd and it was fine. Turn support back on and look at my pictures and it would lock up.

So I did a backup of the card and told the phone to reformat. Put everything back in and checked the pictures and it would lock up. After a few more tries I determined that the issue that i was having was directly related to a set of pictures that I had on the card.

WizeGi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249ed774
    Justed tested the rest of the application and they are ALL working .... only issue is a slow phone .. what gives?

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Probably the amount of memory you have left... Try to erase some or just do a battery pull. i know mines is working normally after i deleted jivetalk but kept my other programs and skins

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    check your file free under status in your options. i've seen a lot of reports for memory leaks with beta software, i don't know how true that is though
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    did you find out they were ones that were too big? I have some that are reallly really big pictures that I didnt compress....
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    yeah you know what i did hear quite a few people saying they were having media card issues and thats how they solved it
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C
    Ok I stole this wording from another post but it helped me fixes and maybe can help others:

The problem was with the database for BlackBerry messenger being corrupt, so if anyone else experiences this problem, here's how to fix it:

Hook your phone up to your computer and open the desktop manager. Select backup/restore, and then click on advanced. On the right side, select blackberry messenger from the list and then click on clear

Now I just have to re-add contacts and everything else works. I really liked alot about 4.5 but the mem leaks especially and some bugs turned me off. .37 basically not working correctly turned me off big time, lol. I will wait for the stable.

John
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    thanks for the heads up, glad you got it going
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    Downgrade

AHAHAHAHA
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    LESS
    So now I'm loading .37 on my 8300. Changed the Vendor ID Codes to ATT's. See if I can get aim and msn loaded and see if I can tinker more from there and get them working for ATT subscribers.

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyt View Post
    So is this issue with other themes....I am using the zen theme from vorizon that has the single row of icons on the bottom not on the left hand side????
    i use the L theme and it doesnt reset the icons after reboot. it would reset when i used the scribble theme.