Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

[quote=BluT;744188]Try this!! Go to options/advanced options/service book/ and deletethe 2 entries that are wi-fi.... wi-fi ... RIM Handheld OS forum

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

[quote=BluT;744188]Try this!! Go to options/advanced options/service book/ and deletethe 2 entries that are wi-fi....
    wi-fi TCP/IP Browser[BrowserConfig]
    wi-fi TCP/IP Transport[WPTCP]

did your UMA show up ? mine was on all day. i'd go and run errands and come back home and it would reconnect. since i got home from clubbin, i havent been able to get UMA to work again.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 05-24-2008 at 05:19 AM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    well att least we know try not to do a battery pull if we get it working

lol that's helpful

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    [quote=nastyboy2;744377]
    Quote Originally Posted by BluT View Post
    Try this!! Go to options/advanced options/service book/ and deletethe 2 entries that are wi-fi....
    wi-fi TCP/IP Browser[BrowserConfig]
    wi-fi TCP/IP Transport[WPTCP]

did your UMA show up ? mine was on all day. i'd go and run errands and come back home and it would reconnect. since i got home from clubbin, i havent been able to get UMA to work again.

Delete the two service book then resend them?

BluT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24192DD3
    I think it is just a hit and miss thing. I deleted the 2 service books today, nothing changed. I then went to delete the 2 certificates, went to Blackberry page and re-imported them and did a battery pull and I am back on UMA today.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I was running .18 OS and upgraded to .37 with no problems. My UMA works fine and I didn't have to do anything.

One thing I did notice is that, it takes longer to connect to UMA.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 05-24-2008 at 12:34 PM.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

JonFuego no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am wondering if this is a device firewall or IT Policy Issue. I was playing with Unite a couple weeks ago and got stuck with that stupid policy. I went through the removal instructions outlined here, but I still see reference to a policy when I go to "Options" >> "Status" and key in "B,U,Y,R. I am going to do a full wipe with JL_Commander and reload .37....

PIN/ID
    I think it is just a hit and miss thing. I deleted the 2 service books today, nothing changed. I then went to delete the 2 certificates, went to Blackberry page and re-imported them and did a battery pull and I am back on UMA today.
    Did those as well and still no change. But when I went to manage connections I turned off all connections and turned network and wifi on. Then next thing you know my UMA is back on. I wonder if it will still work if I did a battery pull.

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Strange that this works from some and others (like me) UMA isn't working. I had some time last night so I ran some experiments. I was on 4.5.0.18 with no issues, everything working great including UMA. I then upgraded to to 4.5.0.37 and UMA stopped working. Under Wi-Fi Diagnostics, I expanded to Options, then Advanced to get more info. I was then able to see more info.

UMA
    Connection Pref.: Wi-Fi Preferred
    UMA Wi-Fi Available: Successful
    Connection: Successful
    Error Code:
    Reg. UNC Address: punc.t-mobileuncs.com:14001
    Authentication: Successful
    Serving UNC Address: n41.w81.t-mobileuncs.com:14001
    Security Gateway Address: n41.w81.t-mobilesgws.com
    Cell Info.: MCC:310 MNC:26f Cell ID:65504 ARFCN:810
    Cell. handover to UMA failures: 0
    Cell. rove-in failures: 0

UMA
    Connection Pref.: Wi-Fi Preferred
    UMA Wi-Fi Available: Successful
    Connection: Error
    Error Code: W006.8
    Reg. UNC Address: punc.t-mobileuncs.com:14001
    Authentication: Trying...
    Serving UNC Address: punc.t-mobileuncs.com:14001
    Security Gateway Address: psgw.t-mobilesgws.com Cell Info.:
    Cell. handover to UMA failures:
    Cell. rove-in failures:

I left .37 on over night with hopes sooner or later UMA would connect. After about 13 hours, it was still not able to connect. I made some changes to my router settings (although I feel this is not the problem). I turned off security and disabled the firewall, this had no affect at all. I also tried some of the other suggestions, deleting the certs and reinstalling, battery pull, this also had no affect. For some reason, it appears that (for me) with .37 it is having issues authenticating with:

punc.t-mobileuncs.com:14001

even though the entry is the same in .18 The other thing I thought was strange, I cannot ping this address (leaving off what appears to be a port number), nor is it traceable. Using the same methods, the Security Gateway Address is responding to requests. After trying everything I could think off to resolve this, I have since given up and went back to 4.5.0.18.

I realize that these OS's are beta until the final release comes out. However, I find it strange that they would release a beta OS to it's partners that hasn't been internally QA'd to at least verify that most of the functions are working to some degree.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Unless this isn't the OS released to the partners. Maybe there is a newer one.

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Well, I downloaded and installed .37 from a different site and for some reason I was still unable to input anything on web sites. For ex. On google homepage I could not click on search box to type in anything. I tried all emulation setting. I went ahead and put .28 on my 8310. So far I have not noticed one problem. It keeps a signal much better than .18 and youtube seems to run a little smoother.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    I'm using the new os right now. And have bbmaps running. Won't say what my source is, but it involved taking the LBS and the .cod's from. 4.2.2 and installed them in the new OS and all seems fine. From what I've heard, make sure you remove the modules from the new OS first, then copy the files, and run the app loader. When I get home ill provide the further instructions, and give credit to the author.
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

JonFuego no está en línea Stack level 2
    This may be unrelated, but can you view YouTube videos or Orb streaming when you are connected to WiFI? I have tried everything listed here numerous times without success. I am wondering if it is a device specific issue.

BluT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24192DD3
    Just an update. I left home for a while and on return the phone hooked right up to UMA again.

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Looks like UMA has a mind of its own.

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Recently upgraded to .37 and it seems much faster. The browser is flying through sites with my wifi on. But what I really noticed is that, when I'm justing using the network the browser is still fast. Before I couldn't browse with just my network because it would take a while. still a few bugs because the cursor has some issues. Still waiting for the final release to get everything running 100 percent.

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast