Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1091

Hi, I installed V 4.5.0.18 on my 8820 3 days ago. So far its working ... RIM Handheld OS forum

sohail2k no está en línea Stack level 1

WAP Service Book Issues - 4.5.0.18

Advertisement

Hi,

I installed V 4.5.0.18 on my 8820 3 days ago. So far its working fine, not a single crash. I like browser, emails, automatic memory cleaning (I might not have noticed this in previous version). The browser works faster than the previous versions but there are some java script issues.

One major problem I am having since I installed OS 4.5 is that I can't access the WAP browser config service book, this one is missing. I downloaded the service books several times but this one is not appearing in the list and because of this I can't access the WAP sites.

My service provider is Orange UK, obviously I can't ask them because I am using a beta OS. Can any body help me with that? e.g. can anyone has a zip version of the Orange service books (I only need the WAP Browser Config Service book)

One more thing, I also have deleted all the service books and then downloaded them again but still missing only the one I mentioned

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Sohail

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Just call them and tell them they dissapeared. Have them push them. Make sure your browser is set to the bb browser. Do you have the media "mall" the online thing that takes u to your providers page to buy stuff? Might be able to access through that.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No I don't have the media mall. My GRPS "Internet Browser" is working fine but soon I try to access a WAP site or orange WAP sites it gives me a message that for that I need to select the WAP browser.

I also have noticed that I don't have the WI-FI service books anymore

When you do a clean install e.g. in canse of version 4.2.2.338, I found that I had 4 service books installed 2 of them were WI-FI books and 2 were WAP books, one of each of them was a browser config book. One for WAP and one for WI-FI. I wonder that its a OS thing, that is why BB OS website gives separate OS for each network operator (may be I am wrong)

Common all you techi guys, you might have some solution to these problems

cheers

Ok after a reboot, the WI-FI books are back. Still missing the WAP browser config book

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddynow View Post
    When I put 4.5 on my 8300, I noticed a great improvement with my bluetooth. I recently purchased an 8310, but for about a week I tethered a bluetooth gps puck with my 8300 and it worked so much beter than before. I don't remember disconnecting once.
    yea the bluetooth gps connection problems that were really annoying with OS 4.2.x seem to be fixed with OS 4.5...i hope it stays that way! did u notice if u go into options->advanced options->gps...u can actually see ur location too there? thats pretty cool...

i do have a problem though...with bb maps. i know the app is loaded on my phone as it shows up in the applications list...however the icon is missing...i tried looking into LBS.alx...but its different from 4.2.x...any ideas how to bring the icon back? i did try show all...its not hidden! thanks!
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 05-17-2008 at 02:52 PM.

tfung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076720F
    Does anyone have an issue with .18 where everytime you reset the BB (either battery pull or alt aA^ del), that the entire bb messenger contact list gets lost? Everytime after a reset, there would be a message under the messenger saying that I changed devices and that I the software had to send out requests again...

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer
    I'm running .18 on an 8310 so far no issue with bb messenger besides not being able to closed the chat and the huge memory leak, does anyone know what's the max on the on the board memory, mine said 9345687 bytes, is that the sames as megs
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

"automatic memory cleaning" does anybody know where this option is I can't find it

thanks
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeg.ledes View Post
    "automatic memory cleaning" does anybody know where this option is I can't find it

thanks
    Its under Options-> Security Options ->Memory Cleaning->Status (Enabled / Disabled)

Hope this will help

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Smile Why Wouldnt 4.5 Come for 8700s? Their not dead or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    The 8700 wont have 4.5
    1. Was running most recent 4.2OS for 8700

2. JiveTalk, Viigo, Google Maps, Google Sync, BBWeather, Beyond411, MyAlarm, Blackberry Wallet, Facebook, MyGirls, Pacman, BombSweeper, Chess, Rooster, Outbreak, Kaglom, Meteor Crusher, Blackjack,

3. APN wap.voicestream.com

4 T-Mobile US

5 Platform: 2.7.0.43
    App Version 4.5.0.18 (28)

Currently I'm not having any problems with this OS
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, the bug with the spelling in e-mail is also in .18 (sometimes it doesn't appear). The third bug that annoyed me is the lost of data services. It didn't happen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeg.ledes View Post
    I'm running .18 on an 8310 so far no issue with bb messenger besides not being able to closed the chat and the huge memory leak, does anyone know what's the max on the on the board memory, mine said 9345687 bytes, is that the sames as megs
    No that's not same as megs

Bytes to Meg conversion is = [Bytes]/1024/1024, hence 9345687 bytes = 8.91 Megabytes

180kid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A1B95A
    I was using 4.5 beta for my 8310 for close to 3 weeks. I was having to do a battery pull every day for memory leak issues. I love the browser, the look of the messaging, and the ability to record video. But I love the stability of 4.2. I know that's why it's called a beta version, but it is not worth it if your BB is your center for everything... which mine is. I can't wait for them to release the official version. However, I think I'll have the Bold by then (4.6). Just my 2 cents. Thanks
    ~180kid

jonobless no está en línea Stack level 1

youtube error

Ok so i updated to .18 everything works fine except youtube but my error mesage says"can not find web address.verify that this web address is valid" any help?

Can someone explain in laymen terms what the cleanup utility or option does, I would really appreciated and perhaps some suggestion in recommended settings for option

thanks
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com