Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

I have an 8310 and I just put OS4.5 on mine yesterday, and its about ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ShimmyShine no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436DAB7

Advertisement

I have an 8310 and I just put OS4.5 on mine yesterday, and its about 10x faster! Not slower.. The video quality is a bit eh not so great? But its manageable! Overall the differences from 4.2.2 to 4.5 are great and well worth getting the beta (or whatever people are calling it) and trying it out! I have had no errors yet.

Shimmy

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    You might have a messed up version....the 4.5 is faster for me too! Do a bat pull and just play with it for a bit--it'll pick up speed

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    After putting 4.5 on mine yesterday, it was real slow...

I have since wiped it and re-activated to my BES, and cleaned up and deleted some older stuff I don't use. Plus a batter pull or 2.

It is much faster now

2 things I have noticed

1. I have noticed that the free memory is moving up. I keep checking, and as of now it is up from 8 this morning to around 18, and I have not deleted anything since yesterday.

2. Wireless reconcile with the companies BES is much much quicker. I was at work today,and I read an e-mail on the BB, by the time I turned to the computer to look it was already marked as read on the computer. Prior to 4.5 it would take about 1 minute, now may 15 seconds.

Now if Youtube would just work...

mrwalleyeman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243ea07a
    ok verything is great on mine except bb maps i was running the latest att on my 8310. Now if i could just get bb maps working all would be great
    Fishing isnt a matter of life and
    death its much more important

Rui Gomes no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok so is this **** out or what come on like how do you people have IT!!!!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Just so some of you know I'm pretty sure the BETA versions of the software released were old beta programs. Running 4.3 on the 8120 and none of these issues exists. So I'm taking a stab into the dark but I'm pretty sure they have a lot of these issues resolved. Or now about the issues listed or else they wouldn't have released the software on a few of the current models and soon to launch models.

The 4.5.1 is an old beta software. I've heard that there have been neweer releases. And each carrier will modify some of the software to work specifically with their network so there will be many more changes which I am certain have already been made. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.
    how did he get japanese?? lol thats dope.

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamxp View Post
    just installed 4.5os for my 8300. it looks good though it slow than 4.2.2. but it is pretty
    howed he get japanese??

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    ok so I was a little leary about posting here because this is a very taboo subject in Pinstack, but I was given the ok to do so..

1. I was running the latest OS from hong kong I think it was..
    2. currently running 4.5.0.10 platform 2.7.4.40 (now wishing I had the other OS
    3. programs I have are: memory up, telenav 5.1, guitar hero, whrrl, wikipedia, opera mini 4.1, gmail, google maps, google mobile updater, google search, google sync, infospace find it, jivetalk, klondike, pinstack irc, pinstack launcher, picasa, mobipocket reader, windows live search, sudoku, viigo, yahoo go 3.0, xplayer, soft reset, radio companion, vlingo, and that new weather app. PHEW thats a mouthful

4. had problem with built in media card unitl I realized I needed to format it AGAIN, once I did everything was fine with that. color pearl not working like others have stated, connection is CONSTANTLY dropping (no its NOT a provider issue) comes back to full edge after a few seconds. BB messenger has glitches, I get error 23 application already exists or something like that causing me to have to do battery pull, also soft reset not working. also I get my gmail forwarded to my phone and since the upgrade when I click reply this is what I get... "no messege services configured. You will only be able to save draft" WTH I have all my service books. hmmm

so there, that is what I have and what I am running into....anything else I left out? Also again, please do NOT bother asking for the link because it WILL NOT be provided. Thank you
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

Jay21fire no está en línea Stack level 3

4.5 issue

I have the 4.5 beta os software and i tried using m.youtube.com and it worked. But now for the past 2 days everytime i go on it opens then when i hit watch video it opens the media player and then says unable to watch video. Anyone know whats up

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    So far its been hit or miss with the youtube thing. I have a 8320 with T-mobile and it works for me when I turn off my wi-fi. But for others it works only on wifi. It could be that there having to upgrade the whole network to be able to handle all of that data that will be running through the network. That could probably be one reason for all of the hold up.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    As far as i've heard only 4.3 OS users have gotten this to work - I may be wrong. However, I don't see the final release of 4.5 not having this feature. Fingers crossed!

Blackberry&Coke no está en línea Stack level 1

memory cleaner

I upgraded to 4.5.0.18 and i cannot find my memory cleaner anymore. Where can I get it? It was on the 4.0.0 version then i upgraded to the .10 and now im running the .18 so I lost my doc to go too. Shoot!

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You gotta reactivate the cleaner in Security Options.

Also you'll have to connect ur phone to DM and run App Loader. You'll have to re check Docs To Go from there to reinstall it.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    hmm.. after getting a missed call my ringtone wont stop ringing. i think im beginning to miss calls too.

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast