Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 64656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1091

You should not have to manually reload each program, the installer will do it all ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Advertisement

You should not have to manually reload each program, the installer will do it all for you.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    then once the final release is done, it will take the carriers several more months to finalize. ill just buy a bb bold.....

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Camacho View Post
    I mentioned this the other day, but the only themes I have are:
    BB Dimention Icon
    BB Dimention L
    BB Dimention Today
    BB Dimention Zen
    SLBlueSilk
    I changed to Dimention Icon with the default background and still nothing.

I know, I have tried it with all other themes, however, the only one it works with is the stock AT&T theme. Can download any attachment, also when you are opening the attachment it gives you the option to "view"or "edit with Docs to go".

Since I have been using the AT&T theme it has really grown on me. I love how clean and functional it is. I believe I am going to keep this as my main theme.

Good luck.

PS.... I wonder if you are using TMOBILE as your service if the TMOBILE theme will allow download? Just a thought.

Carnegie0107 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay. Build 28 works beautifully, at least on my T-Mobile 8320. I've heard that some have problems with BB Maps, but I removed that app, so I can't comment. All my third-party's work great--Opera Mini 4.1, all the Google apps, Viigo, Wikipedia, Facebook. I must say, I'm very happy. But I'm curious as to what the bug was on my previous device--the problem sending SMS. My unnamed friend had the same problem, but I can't find any mention of it happening to anyone else.

I am leaking memory, however. It's not too bad, though. I reset my phone once a day and have no problems. Very happy!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnegie0107 View Post
    Okay. Build 28 works beautifully, at least on my T-Mobile 8320. I've heard that some have problems with BB Maps, but I removed that app, so I can't comment. All my third-party's work great--Opera Mini 4.1, all the Google apps, Viigo, Wikipedia, Facebook. I must say, I'm very happy. But I'm curious as to what the bug was on my previous device--the problem sending SMS. My unnamed friend had the same problem, but I can't find any mention of it happening to anyone else.

I am leaking memory, however. It's not too bad, though. I reset my phone once a day and have no problems. Very happy!
    I'm running it on the 8310 and I have the mem leak also--not bad enough for me to ditch the version though. I am still loving it.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I haven't gone throught this whole thread, there is just to much

I finally fount an issue and for me it's huge. It almost brought me to tears....seriously, I almost cried

Beyond411 isn't working with 8320/4.5.0.18 if anyone knows a fix I'll give you the rest of my half eaten' hamburger. I'll even through in a chocolate shake

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    And I will also learn to use spell check or get a dictionary. Looks like my grammar errors are worse then beyond411 not working. Remember there's a hamburger and a chocolate shake. Only the good stuff

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks Dan...I'm loving my new OS...the only 3rd party app that doesn't work is weatherbug direct. It only reads the default location's weather and it keeps getting hung up searching for new location after I enter my zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Camacho View Post
    You should not have to manually reload each program, the installer will do it all for you.

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C
    Your very welcome
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    i am thinking of upgrading to 4.5 rel 28 for my 8300. all the 3rd party apps will have to be reinstalled right? any 3rd party apps that don't work with 4.5.x?

also, i like bb dimension today plus...does L or any default theme compare to that or similar to that one?

re...bluetooth gps receiver - Dan, i see u r using 8300. do you use a BT GPS receiver? did u have connection issues earlier using 4.2.x and if u did, do u still have them or have they been addressed in 4.5? thanks!
    When I put 4.5 on my 8300, I noticed a great improvement with my bluetooth. I recently purchased an 8310, but for about a week I tethered a bluetooth gps puck with my 8300 and it worked so much beter than before. I don't remember disconnecting once.

dgriffith2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319D0335

Synopsis please?

I know that through the thread and countless others is little bits and snippets of info about 4.5 beta mostly due to everyone's differences of purpose or function but after reading my yearly quota of mind-numbing and exhausting what-have-you's and what-nots, i'm going to humbly ask for a synopsis of 4.5 and maybe some pro/con features as it pertains STRICTLY to the OS and it's abilities so that those of us with the means to do so will be able to ascertain the true, unadulterated abilities and not whether my myspace will be all farked up before deciding to take the risk of whatever consequence may befall us should we have to revert (money, time, humiliation at the hands of cell company tier2 support who ALL act as they were frieken nick burns "the company computer guy" [SNL BABY!])

So here i formally request,

un-biased, true blue synopsis of the 4.5 Beta OS as you see it (curve 8330 sprint/nextel is my poison) with some capability/handling/kernel/feel pro's and con's. Please don't be afraid to discuss in depth and use big computerey words, at least with me because "i ain't skerred" (see my profile and you may know what i mean lol)

Please and thank you,

PIN: 319d0355
    David

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and everyone think you are a fool than is it to open it, and remove all doubt"

PIN: 319D0335

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skaii View Post
    I've had 4.5.0 on my Curve 8320 for days now (yeah, couldn't resist it despite my Pinstack blog entry lol). Some major issues I've experienced with it are: AOL IM doesn't work, I get a "Searching for Network" issue, and (not really an issue), but I've noticed that when recording videos, the videos themselves aren't full screen. Hopefully you'll be able to record full screen with the official release?
    downgrade your aim to the previous version and it will work.

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ahbilly View Post
    I've been using .18 for about 24 hours now, and I've tried to replicate all of the common problems after scouring this entire thread and have only come up with the annoying red exclamation points. The OS is pretty snappy, if not more than 4.2. Everything worked right out of the gate and my memory has been staying right around 14000000. Third party apps working just fine as well.

Upgraded from latest Tmo official release 4.2

3rd party apps: jivetalk and google maps

wap voicestream com

TMO

curve 8320
    i cant get rid of those red exclamations either

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Quote Originally Posted by dgriffith2 View Post
    I know that through the thread and countless others is little bits and snippets of info about 4.5 beta mostly due to everyone's differences of purpose or function but after reading my yearly quota of mind-numbing and exhausting what-have-you's and what-nots, i'm going to humbly ask for a synopsis of 4.5 and maybe some pro/con features as it pertains STRICTLY to the OS and it's abilities so that those of us with the means to do so will be able to ascertain the true, unadulterated abilities and not whether my myspace will be all farked up before deciding to take the risk of whatever consequence may befall us should we have to revert (money, time, humiliation at the hands of cell company tier2 support who ALL act as they were frieken nick burns "the company computer guy" [SNL BABY!])

So here i formally request,

un-biased, true blue synopsis of the 4.5 Beta OS as you see it (curve 8330 sprint/nextel is my poison) with some capability/handling/kernel/feel pro's and con's. Please don't be afraid to discuss in depth and use big computerey words, at least with me because "i ain't skerred" (see my profile and you may know what i mean lol)

Please and thank you,

PIN: 319d0355
    I am using 4.5.0.18 and overall I am greatly satisfied. There are a few small bugs that really don't bother me. 1.) Any themes that are not stock vendor themes, when the phone is reset, will mess all your icon alignments up and basically take the theme back to stock. 2.) Docs to go will only allow you to "Download Attachment" while using the AT&T theme, which is not a problem for me as I like the at&t theme. 3.) There are exclamtion points beside messages that you have not replied to. No biggie. The browser is 100% better, the email layout is better, the calendar is even better. You also have Video capabilities now. Overall, a must upgrade!

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Quote Originally Posted by nastyboy2 View Post
    i cant get rid of those red exclamations either

They will stay there until you reply to the message.