Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 63646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1091

Originally Posted by sinkers I thought that was not possible until either your provider's BIS ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers View Post
    I thought that was not possible until either your provider's BIS or your BES server has been upgraded.
    HTML email won't be available until BES sp6 ( it was left out of sp5, which was recently released). I haven't seen a tomeline for BIS users, and I'm sure it will come as providers upgrade their BIS which could be quite some time.

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    Well, I still see the bug with bbMessenger and the input of accented characters in .18. Didn't have the time to test the rest.
    Just exactly do you enter accented characters? the only way I seem to get them is with spell checker...

4.5.0.10(14)
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

tmorrison22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8A8E1

Question largest inconvience

hey all.
    i totally dispise the way the predictive works on the new 4.5. is there a way to disable the predictive text, other than enableing multiap.
    for example, trying to spell " ericsson" gives me "ericason". is there a way to revert or change to something like the old way text/emails were composed?

secondly, in trying to figure this youtube crud out...i can go to www.youtube.com, see the sample videos, try to play them and it will launch the media player, say loading, then fail with the error message of "an error has occurred attempting to play media" any ideas?
    P.S. when i go the www.youtube.com and look at the url it is still showing m.youtube.com. why???

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by tmorrison22 View Post
    hey all.
    i totally dispise the way the predictive works on the new 4.5. is there a way to disable the predictive text, other than enableing multiap.
    for example, trying to spell " ericsson" gives me "ericason". is there a way to revert or change to something like the old way text/emails were composed?

secondly, in trying to figure this youtube crud out...i can go to www.youtube.com, see the sample videos, try to play them and it will launch the media player, say loading, then fail with the error message of "an error has occurred attempting to play media" any ideas?
    P.S. when i go the www.youtube.com and look at the url it is still showing m.youtube.com. why???
    1- go to the dictionary and set it to "ericson" and then the "right word" to ericson and it will keep it that way. Kwim?

2- what version of 4.5 are you running? That has a lot to do with whether or not the vids will play.

Sorry if I'm not making sense, I'm super sick.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Dan Camacho,

with 4.2 it was a click on the letter and then you rolled the trackball to select the character you wanted (quite handy!). And that way works for the other applications (calendar, address book, notes) now even with 4.5.0.18. With 4.5.0.10 that feature was lost in bbMessenger and Google Talk (they seem to use the same input API) and I confirmed it's still the same with 4.5.0.18 and bbMessenger.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jekko1 View Post
    Damn .28 is now out there I can't keep up with all these beta versions.

Is there a noticeable difference between .28 and .18?
    More of a memory leak (didn't have that with .18) but the red exclamation points are gone. Better browser than with 18...phones response is better....

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this of figured it out yet, but there was an issue with not having the "Download Attachment" menu option from email for use with Docs to Go. I have found the answer to this problem. You must be running your carrier's vendor theme. I am with AT&T and the only way I have the option is to use the AT&T theme.

Works perfect now!

PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this of figured it out yet, but there was an issue with not having the "Download Attachment" menu option from email for use with Docs to Go. I have found the answer to this problem. You must be running your carrier's vendor theme. I am with AT&T and the only way I have the option is to use the AT&T theme.

Works perfect now!
    I mentioned this the other day, but the only themes I have are:
    BB Dimention Icon
    BB Dimention L
    BB Dimention Today
    BB Dimention Zen
    SLBlueSilk
    I changed to Dimention Icon with the default background and still nothing.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

PIN/ID
    Reading that docs to go thread by hayden leads me to believe the official release will be after june---as suspected, after the 9000 release

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Question New question....

Has anyone asked about the ability to view videos from e-mail? even if they are mp4 or 3gp it does not allow this
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i am thinking of upgrading to 4.5 rel 28 for my 8300. all the 3rd party apps will have to be reinstalled right? any 3rd party apps that don't work with 4.5.x?

also, i like bb dimension today plus...does L or any default theme compare to that or similar to that one?

re...bluetooth gps receiver - Dan, i see u r using 8300. do you use a BT GPS receiver? did u have connection issues earlier using 4.2.x and if u did, do u still have them or have they been addressed in 4.5? thanks!
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 05-16-2008 at 12:36 PM.

tmorrison22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8A8E1
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    1- go to the dictionary and set it to "ericson" and then the "right word" to ericson and it will keep it that way. Kwim?

2- what version of 4.5 are you running? That has a lot to do with whether or not the vids will play.

Sorry if I'm not making sense, I'm super sick.

wow...that going to the dictionary for everyword that it misspredicts would be a huge pain in the rear.

and im running 4.5.0.18

NowOrNever...i hope you feel better soon!

PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    i am thinking of upgrading to 4.5 rel 28 for my 8300. all the 3rd party apps will have to be reinstalled right? any 3rd party apps that don't work with 4.5.x?
    When I upgraded I did it on a PC that did not have my BB software. And then it backed up everything for me just be careful to read all the questions it asks you...

jsaradhi,
    Sorry don't use the BT GPS. But almost all my 3rd pty apps work fine, there is a list here of those that won´t.
    Last edited by Dan Camacho; 05-16-2008 at 12:40 PM.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by tmorrison22 View Post
    wow...that going to the dictionary for everyword that it misspredicts would be a huge pain in the rear.

and im running 4.5.0.18

NowOrNever...i hope you feel better soon!
    Yeah, it is a huge pain---when the pearl first came out I had the same problem and had to do that---one of the reasons I switched to the curve! :-) thanks for the "feel good" wish, let's hope it works

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Camacho View Post
    When I upgraded I did it on a PC that did not have my BB software. And then it backed up everything for me just be careful to read all the questions it asks you...

jsaradhi,
    Sorry don't use the BT GPS. But almost all my 3rd pty apps work fine, there is a list here of those that won´t.
    so u do have to reinstall the 3rd party apps after ur OS upgrade...thanks!