Advertisement

rim hurry up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Im Waiting LOL needing new update anyday rim please help us feed our BB addictions
    RedCurv07

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Regarding the memory leak: is there anybody experiencing it who does NOT
    have extra apps loaded -- i.e. one with a plain vanilla BBerry?

I'm wondering whether it is an OS problem, or else whether the upgrade breaks
    some apps that presumably do not conform to some new memory request/release
    mechanism.

eradeshewo no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile OS 4.5 Has Gone All THE WAY UP TO 4.5.40

I had downloaded it on my laptop a few weeks ago and didn't really get a chance to look at it due to finals, yada, yada. But school is finally over and I can now focus on the more importantnthings in life, My Pearly! Anyhow, I installed it just two days ago and let me tell you, it is a wonderful thing. I Jumped from 4.2 to 4.5.40 on a 8100 by Tmobile and I have no bugs, everything works better and faster than before and I will upload more visual details as soon as I can. Way to go RIM, you Rock! If I had a Flash Player on here, my life would be complete.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 05-11-2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: removed font formatting

jcobreros no está en línea Stack level 1

Keyboard stops responding

Hello guys, I just upgraded my 8300 (vodafone spain) to OS 4.5.0.10 (Platform 2.7.0.40) and everything seems to work right except that some time after the screen goes off for inactivity the keyboard stops responding. Or so it seems. i can still hear the click of the ball, but the phone wont do anything. I've uninstalled autolock and the problem is still there. I can lock the keyboard and unlock it with *+green button, but if i wait too long then the problem appears again. Is anybody experiencing the same problem? any ideas of how i could solve it?
    Right now im downloading OS 4.2 from the Vodafone section in the Blackberry site and im going to try to downgrade. i really dont know if that is going to work or the BB Desktop is going to complain that a newer version of the OS is already installed on the device.
    help? anyone?
    thank you in advance!

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Quote Originally Posted by jcobreros View Post
    Hello guys, I just upgraded my 8300 (vodafone spain) to OS 4.5.0.10 (Platform 2.7.0.40) and everything seems to work right except that some time after the screen goes off for inactivity the keyboard stops responding. Or so it seems. i can still hear the click of the ball, but the phone wont do anything. I've uninstalled autolock and the problem is still there. I can lock the keyboard and unlock it with *+green button, but if i wait too long then the problem appears again. Is anybody experiencing the same problem? any ideas of how i could solve it?
    Right now im downloading OS 4.2 from the Vodafone section in the Blackberry site and im going to try to downgrade. i really dont know if that is going to work or the BB Desktop is going to complain that a newer version of the OS is already installed on the device.
    help? anyone?
    thank you in advance!
    I had the same problem after upgrading to .18 on my 8310. I did a jl cmndr wipe and reinstalled os. I have had it running for over a week with no freezing.

That sounds great! ehmmm... I have a problem though. i've no idea of what jl cmndr wipe is. could you help me with that?
    thank you!!

Hey hoosierdaddynow, dont worry about it, I found some information and I'll see what happens.

I've wiped the BB with jl_cmndr and installed 4.5 again. I still have the same problem. It is very annoying.
    Any other guess??

PIN/ID
    249f8227
    other people on pinstack say that if you wipe, put in the latest os for your 8300 than the 4.5 os. it works. other than that, i have nothing. sorry

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    The problem is that you are running .10 that's the buggiest release out there.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    249f8227
    to be honest with you, even though 4.5.0.18 is running pretty smoothly. I am considering going back to 4.2 os. I travel alot and it is starting to become a pain to either wait or restart my curve when i have a good EDGE signal and still will not get on the net. I love the video recorder though and the ability to email video's back home.

PIN/ID
    Hmmmm...when I loose signal....I just push one or two randome buttons and then it's as good as new. I only loose signal about twice a day.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    249f8227
    well, i don't really loose signal all that much. I can have a 4-5 bars on EDGE and still not be able to activate browser, maps... until I either do a soft reset or power down and turn it back on. Maybe a quirk in my os?

PIN/ID
    Maybe....cause that's odd.