Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Jbee If you unplugged prior to install, you could have "Bricked your ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    If you unplugged prior to install, you could have "Bricked your phone". It usually takes some time to upload software...the white screen and hour glass affirm the fact that it was probably still installing. Did you have the device backed up (W/Desk Top Manager.) prior to the install?

You also might want to check out this forum:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...&highlight=4.5

That's the thread we are in! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

jonspydr1500 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would imagine that the current devices will be limited to 4.5 and 4.6 will be for the "next-gen" devices.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by cesararv View Post
    yeah i think... that what it says on the desktop manager...

yes we both do it at the same time but on different computers...
    both computers running windows vista....

yes i wait like 15 minutes on the white screen after my friend was already playing with his bb....

OK---open DM back up. Re-plug in your phone. Run Apploader and see if it runs. If the DM recognizes the phone, it will restore it...you will be fine (I've pulled it off the comp too early...plugged back in, and been fine)

If not---google JL Commander. Download and install. Plug in BB, open JL Commander, wipe phone. Once phone is wiped....open DM back up. Run apploader again to get the OS back on your phone. It could take a while...(i'm talking an hour or so)....YES...it will wipe (JL Commander) EVERYTHING off your phone....so as long as you made a back up somewhere, you will be fine. If not...you will have to get the numbers and addresses and third party apps again. It's life...it's a lesson. Goood luck!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jonspydr1500 View Post
    I have the 4.5.0.18 and have noticed that it is causing a disconnect when plugged into my computer. YouTube does work, but it is really flaky.

Care to elaborate?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    i heard 4.5 is never coming out because of 4.6,their not even working on it anymore.people who have the 4.3 are very satified with it.all focus on BB 9000 4.6,makes sense because u dont even heard about 4.5 anymore???it should have been out way before we heard about the 4.6,rim wont release 4.5 the new phone with 4.6,that does not make any business sense,their not going too loose money.its all about the mighty dollar! ! !
    I dont discredit that belief----but we all know where Rumors and RIM have gotten us---nowhere when they are together!

cesararv no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    If you unplugged prior to install, you could have "Bricked your phone". It usually takes some time to upload software...the white screen and hour glass affirm the fact that it was probably still installing. Did you have the device backed up (W/Desk Top Manager.) prior to the install?

You also might want to check out this forum:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...&highlight=4.5
    yeah i have the back up....
    but the computer does not recognized the bb.....

PIN/ID
    you can try this---> http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178

or you can do a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    OK---open DM back up. Re-plug in your phone. Run Apploader and see if it runs. If the DM recognizes the phone, it will restore it...you will be fine (I've pulled it off the comp too early...plugged back in, and been fine)

If not---google JL Commander. Download and install. Plug in BB, open JL Commander, wipe phone. Once phone is wiped....open DM back up. Run apploader again to get the OS back on your phone. It could take a while...(i'm talking an hour or so)....YES...it will wipe (JL Commander) EVERYTHING off your phone....so as long as you made a back up somewhere, you will be fine. If not...you will have to get the numbers and addresses and third party apps again. It's life...it's a lesson. Goood luck!
    :cry:
    computer dont recognized my bb....

you can try this---> http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178

or you can do a wipe.
    my phone still on the white screen...

but i receive a message or something because it vibrates... and the led its blinking....

do you think my phone it still thinking and if a keep waiting hopefully the home-screen will appear???

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by cesararv View Post
    my phone still on the white screen...

but i receive a message or something because it vibrates... and the led its blinking....

do you think my phone it still thinking and if a keep waiting hopefully the home-screen will appear???
    No. If its white I don't think you'll get anything. You can wait, or you can (a) follow the link I posted or (b) wipe the phone.

No. If its white I don't think you'll get anything. You can wait, or you can (a) follow the link I posted or (b) wipe the phone.
    the sand clock its moving...
    hopefully....

ok ... how can i do the wipe??
    my computer dont recognized my phone... and i dont have access to my phone either... ?? any other way??
    or i will have to wait... praying god it will actually turn all the way on... lol...

thanks for taking the time helping me...

PIN/ID
    What do you mean you dont have access to your phone?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeverette View Post
    OK I just had something weird happen to my go to screen and my browser. All of a sudden a google search tool showed up randomly above my bookmarks and history. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm so confused right now. Ill try to get some screen shots tomorrow if no one knows what I'm talking about.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Is that what you are talking about?

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Question Loaded 4.5 on my 8300 now no internet...

1- were you running the most current OS for your device BEFORE the OS upgrade to 4.5?
    Yes
    2- can you list the third party applications that are currently on your phone?
    Aces Texas Hold'em, MemoryUp, SplashID, VR+
    3- what r your TCP settings?
    APN: internet.itelcel.com
    Username:webgprs
    Password: webgprs2002
    4- Who is your carrier?
    Telcel
    5- please list the full version and platform that you are running.

The problem is that I can receive e-mails/BB messenger but can not send, I talked with BB support and they tried clearing the service books then resending, then waited an hour and still nothing. Then they wiped my BB and again send the service books, another hour and nothing. I just thought someone here may know of another reason why I can receive but not send, also no internet connection. Hope you can give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

What do you mean you dont have access to your phone?
    forget it....

guess what!! it actually turn on.... lol...
    bad news it look the same... no 4.5 upgrade...
    i was exited with the 4.5 but no luck....
    well at least its working....

thanks....