Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

As stated above, Wiping is usually not necessary, and JL_Cmder will not always work if ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Advertisement

As stated above, Wiping is usually not necessary, and JL_Cmder will not always work if the BB can't be recognized. It is a last resort. You should try first the process listed here, KB03485 - Run Application Loader when the BlackBerry device does not connect.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Curve1023 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok, thanks. i ran it, and it worked fine. thanks guys!

omfgpanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    1) Most up to date OS from Tmo

2)FileLock/BBLight/GeoTip/Berry-A-Code

3) Deault Tmobile: wap.voicestream.com

4) Tmobile

5) v4.5.0.18 [2.7.0.43]

I was wondering if anyone got BBmaps to work? I have it installed but its not showing?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    You can see through options>advanced options> applications that it's listed on your apps?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Even though there is no recognition of device by DM...how do you install something when the computer doesn't recognize there is something to install it on?
    If the guy is downloading a previous release, which which this implies from your previous quote: "Download and install the most current OS for your device (not 4.5). Wipe the device through JL commander, and reload the OS"

you don't have to wipe the device. If you're changing OS releases, all you have to do is uninstall the current release, install the object release and re-run DM and follow the instructions.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Well, this is a great OS. I already installed on the Curve (ATT Puerto Rico). The screen is more clear. New browser is nice, not the iphone one but is an upgrade.
    -OS 4.5.0.18
    -Curve 8310
    -No issues so far
    -Installed: Google Map, Facebook, FX converter, Bizmatica, Opera Mini, Universal Converter, Geocache, speedOmeter.bb messenger.

omfgpanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    You can see through options>advanced options> applications that it's listed on your apps?

Its in the application list but its not showing up on my screen..

Boomtown no está en línea Stack level 2

Oh the woes of unlock+beta

Hey guys, i have a blackberry 8100 pearl running on the 4.3.1.14 (platform 2.7.0.13) and i have been having a few issues(had these same issues on the old version) everytime i try to receive MMS messages i get an error saying i couldnt recieve content try again later... or i hit retrieve and it says receiving content, then the box goes away and i have no idea where the item is..

also my messengers dont work, i get a message that says "4700 error invalid number pleas resend using a valid 10 digit number or short code"

The phone im using is a tmobile blackberry 8100 with a cingular sim... could any of this have somthing to do with my service books? if so is there anyway i can get a cingular service book setting in the blackberry backup file from one of you and move it to my phone?

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    It mostly has nothing to do with your service books. It's mostly the BETA you are using. Mine did the same thing to me when I had 4.5 BETA on my BB 8320.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

whats the easyest way to go to a lower version, and would i be able to use a cingular version of 4.2 sp2 on my tmobile phone? (also does anyone else get an error when taking pics on this os?)

Fango1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar issues with 4.5.0.10 on 8300

I am seeing dupe calendar entries on the device. It is showing Desktop and Device Default. I can not de-select either perminantly. I can select just desktop or device default calandar, but it returns to both views when i exit and come back in.

it does show them in diff colors, so that is somewhat helpfull...NOT!

options>advanced options>Default services takes me to Calendar (CICAL) but it is already set to Desktop and "device default" is not listed.

Is this a setting in desktop mgr???? (running 4.3.0.15)

Thoughts or advice welcome.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomtown View Post
    whats the easyest way to go to a lower version, and would i be able to use a cingular version of 4.2 sp2 on my tmobile phone? (also does anyone else get an error when taking pics on this os?)
    Uninstall the current OS you have and install the OS you want to go to. You can use ATT OS on a Tmobile phone as long as you delete the vendor file prior to loading onto the phone. Follow C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader under my computer and that will lead you to the vendor.xml file. Just delete it. Once done plug the phone into the DM and it should prompt you that there is a downgrade available. Follow the on screen prompts and it should be self explanatory. Hope it helps.

are you talking about on the pc side as far as uninstalling? would i be able to use my friends cingular install disk to do this or do i need to download the complete install(the desktop manager and os files from cingulars download page?)(this is probably the wrong forum for this info here.. so pm me if you want...)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Boom -- you download the OS from att/cingy download site. The os doesn't come on the cd. And you want to uninstall the 4.5 from whatever pc you used to load it (if you intend to use the same pc to downgrade). As eddie said, once you have installed the older 4.2 os on your pc be sure to delete tje vendor.xml file or dm won't recognize the downgrade.

Thanks yall