Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

if there's no "improvements" then why even upgrade to 4.5?... RIM Handheld OS forum

CREturbo no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

if there's no "improvements" then why even upgrade to 4.5?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Because when the official release comes out, those with 4.3 may see improved speed...and OS upgrades usually fix "unseen" bugs.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

fbriceno97 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CREturbo View Post
    if there's no "improvements" then why even upgrade to 4.5?
    Who told you that it does not have improvements?.. Do a little search and you find them, besides everybody that decides to install this beta is aware that It can fail.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by fbriceno97 View Post
    Who told you that it does not have improvements?.. Do a little search and you find them, besides everybody that decides to install this beta is aware that It can fail.

He's running 4.3---there really aren't any....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

fbriceno97 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    He's running 4.3---there really aren't any....
    Well I just read his post, and he does not indicate that he is running 4.3 OS.

Besides the post before his was related to 8800 and the official release from RIM for it is 4.2.1.x

It was a very open question that could be read in any way.

Duvi no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

LOL, yes I have 4.5---before the mods had to combine threads, I started this one! Did you check the permissions? What about memory? Did you have to change the registration? Is it registered?
    Yes. I downgraded to 4.2 and it worked perfectly, flawlessly. I went back to 4.5.0.18 and it stopped working.

I tied Navigator 1.5.1 and Telenav (newest build, forgot what it was) and for Navigator, I can't login. For Telenav, it will give me the "uncaught exception" error and I can't even go into the program.

I am attempting this on my 8310. I tried this on my 8320 as well with no luck. My 8100 is on my companies BES and I haven't tried installing 4.3/4.5 on it.

Also are you running 4.5.0.10 or 4.5.0.18?

Thanks in advance,
    S
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-06-2008 at 03:51 AM. Reason: format edit

Curve1023 no está en línea Stack level 2

Instalation problem with new OS

Hey, when i installed the beta version of 4.5 it stopped installing and my device now has a blank white screen with a 507 error on it. any idea on how to fix this?? and now my device manager cant connect to the device... please help.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Curve1023 View Post
    Hey, when i installed the beta version of 4.5 it stopped installing and my device now has a blank white screen with a 507 error on it. any idea on how to fix this?? and now my device manager cant connect to the device... please help.
    Download and install JL commander. Download and install the most current OS for your device(not 4.5). Wipe the device through JL commander, and reload the OS

Duvi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Curve1023 View Post
    I would do as the previous post mention except to load it with 4.5 at this time.

I noticed a lot of issues got resolved doing a clean wipe and then installing the 4.5 from scratch.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-06-2008 at 03:50 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Download and install JL commander. Download and install the most current OS for your device(not 4.5). Wipe the device through JL commander, and reload the OS
    YOu don't have to wipe the device. You simply uninstall the old OS and reinstall the OS you want to install, exec DM and proceed from there.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    YOu don't have to wipe the device. You simply uninstall the old OS and reinstall the OS you want to install, exec DM and proceed from there.
    Even though there is no recognition of device by DM...how do you install something when the computer doesn't recognize there is something to install it on?

Big_O no está en línea Stack level 1

Any real disadvantages of using 4.5 OS on TMO?

Any real disadvantages of using 4.5 0.18 OS on TMO?

I read the endless pages of what people have in terms of installed aps, but wondered if there were any obvious issues or solid reasons for not installing the 4.5 beta software. Seems the majority of people with ATT had most of the negative issues and not TMO.

Is there a simple way to go back to 4.2 after the install (and backing up) if 4.5 is unusable?

Thanks.

huewish no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you use UMA service on TMO, I would recommend against trying the beta. I had several complete crashes of signal on both UMA and GSM. Granted, I liked the new features, but I need reliability more than anythings, so I went back to 4.2.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Yes. I downgraded to 4.2 and it worked perfectly, flawlessly. I went back to 4.5.0.18 and it stopped working.

I tied Navigator 1.5.1 and Telenav (newest build, forgot what it was) and for Navigator, I can't login. For Telenav, it will give me the "uncaught exception" error and I can't even go into the program.

I am attempting this on my 8310. I tried this on my 8320 as well with no luck. My 8100 is on my companies BES and I haven't tried installing 4.3/4.5 on it.

Also are you running 4.5.0.10 or 4.5.0.18?

Thanks in advance,
    S

I am running .18....from what I understood it was .10 that was causing a lot of problems with the GPS.

Curve1023 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok, never mind. found the JL commander, and figured out it was my usb port, it stopped working for some odd reason...
    Last edited by Curve1023; 05-04-2008 at 08:51 PM.