Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo Did u try a selective restore of just the address/contacts? Yes ... RIM Handheld OS forum

MrCmonster no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    Did u try a selective restore of just the address/contacts?
    Yes I tried that a few times. I just ended up wiping my phone and reinstalling 4.5.0.18 then reloading everything from a backup. All of my addresses are back now. YAY!

Now to reload my 3rd party apps (I forgot to do a backup of them)
    --
    When in doubt, pull the battery out.

fbriceno97 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The TCP/APN settings are OK, as Opera Mini works perfectly.

The BIS connection was tested from BBSmart and it says it was OK, would it make any difference to use TCP connection?, I just deleted the app. What version should i try 4.2 or 4.3 via TCP?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    You are running a beta operating system. Not all programs are guaranteed to work yet.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BekNazar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a6d5d6

Bes

Quote Originally Posted by fritter View Post
    hmmm that might be b/c im on a BES. is there anyone else running .18 that is on a BES?
    I'm on BES and have the option.
    One color for BES and another for everything else.
    I guess if you don't have BES you only have "everything else" and
    can't choose...

I also have html emails from BES now as well.
    Found a fix to turn it on on the BES server (4.1.5)...
    Works great!

Todd

fbriceno97 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for your replied but you are not telling me anything new about this.

I am looking for a way to get it working on my 8800, if it can be done... i will just have to wait for the oficial release and new version of the program.

PIN/ID
    I think the mdeia card issue was chaked up to the particular OS that was downloaded to the user. If it was a widespread issue than I'd agree with you, but it was selective, and I think mostly in the 8100's

Quote Originally Posted by demyxxx View Post
    Hey to anyone who has the media card problem. I have got the 4.5.0.18 running and it has never frozen up on me since I deleted all the pictures saved up in the media card. I still have my mp3's, videos, and ringtones in my media card. I noticed it has not frozen up on me since last nite 8pm(pacific time). And all my files that I deleted inside the media card was jpeg format. I wonder if this might cause the freezing up everytime its either on standby, or when the backlight turns off when we assign it to??~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Interesting. Well I have a curve(8320) with t-mobz. N I was just wondering if the freezing/restart problem was related to the pictures in the media card? Like I said in my earlier post it only started to freeze up when I had pictures put in there. I had everything else put in(movies, mp3's, and mp3 ringtones) and up till now(I took out the pics @ around 8 pm last nite) it still works, and hasn't frozen or restarted on me. But all and all its definitely a nice update when it TRULY comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I think the mdeia card issue was chaked up to the particular OS that was downloaded to the user. If it was a widespread issue than I'd agree with you, but it was selective, and I think mostly in the 8100's

PIN/ID
    Interesting. Well I have a curve(8320) with t-mobz. N I was just wondering if the freezing/restart problem was related to the pictures in the media card? Like I said in my earlier post it only started to freeze up when I had pictures put in there. I had everything else put in(movies, mp3's, and mp3 ringtones) and up till now(I took out the pics @ around 8 pm last nite) it still works, and hasn't frozen or restarted on me. But all and all its definitely a nice update when it TRULY comes out.

It might be the pics. To really find out, take a pic on your phone and save it to the card and see what happens. And if it freezes, delete the picture...and then upload a pic from the computer that is a gif or bmp and see what happens. If it doesn't freeze than we have a possible problem. I dotn remember---did you re-format your sd card? That was a fix in the other issues.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    Did you delete an cod files from the OS??? Maybe you deleted something that was necessary to run the picture viewer KWIM?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by fbriceno97 View Post
    The TCP/APN settings are OK, as Opera Mini works perfectly.

The BIS connection was tested from BBSmart and it says it was OK, would it make any difference to use TCP connection?, I just deleted the app. What version should i try 4.2 or 4.3 via TCP?

Thanks for your replied but you are not telling me anything new about this.

I am looking for a way to get it working on my 8800, if it can be done... i will just have to wait for the oficial release and new version of the program.

TCP/APN settings shouldn't have had anything to do with BBSmart....The only reason I gave the answer that I gave is that there might not be a fix. If your permissions are set and everything is otherwise ok on the phone than it may just be that when the official release comes out BBSmart may need to create an update to work with whatever "new" stuff is in the OS....Empower works like a champ on .18 where as it didn't work on .10

No one is really looking to tell you anything "new"...if there is nothing new to be said. If you scan through previous posts, there are several people that are having issues, and as much as we try, there really is no "fix" and no "new answer" other than the same old answer----when it boils down to it, this is an unreleased verysion of an OS...some of the "releases" are stable and work with no issues, some have issues.

If you really want it to work, and you are really wanting to try, then download different OS for the 8800 and maybe you will find one that works. It's a shot in the dark, but really, there isn't much we can tell you other than what has already been said, I am sorry.
    Last edited by ItsNowOrNever; 05-01-2008 at 08:44 PM.

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    Well looks like I'm downgrading back to 4.2.2. The 4.5 OS is quite buggy on my 8800. Today was an usual day, it just was rebooting on it's own, scary. I installed viigo, tried to run the app and BAM...no dice, reboot. I beginning to think the 'white screen of death' is haunting me with the BB. I have version 4.5.0.9, in case anybody cares...

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    sometimes checking the event log on the bb can tell you some things about what is causing the random reboots. for example mine was rebooting not often but checked the log and color pearl was running which in the event log was saying unexpected error. To check your event log just hold down alt key and type lglg

hope this helps out

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Hey. Thx for the replies btw.

I have re-format the sd card in my blackberry about 5 times. I put files in 1 by one at first like videos first, then waited for a couple of hours, then ringtones and then waited a couple of hours, then i put in all my songs then waited a couple of hours, and then put in my pictures(ALL jpg files btw i didnt put in the gifs, bmps or pngs) and once the pictures are in it runs for like 5/10 mins, but then it would go on standby and as soon as i wanna use it it freezes, I can hear the trackball clicks, but the screen just shows my home screen, and that's it.. nothing moves.. when i press alt/shift it shows on the screen, just the nothing else works..

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    It might be the pics. To really find out, take a pic on your phone and save it to the card and see what happens. And if it freezes, delete the picture...and then upload a pic from the computer that is a gif or bmp and see what happens. If it doesn't freeze than we have a possible problem. I dotn remember---did you re-format your sd card? That was a fix in the other issues.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i recc.. downgrading to have a smoothe running blackberry smartphone
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    Hey. Thx for the replies btw.

I have re-format the sd card in my blackberry about 5 times. I put files in 1 by one at first like videos first, then waited for a couple of hours, then ringtones and then waited a couple of hours, then i put in all my songs then waited a couple of hours, and then put in my pictures(ALL jpg files btw i didnt put in the gifs, bmps or pngs) and once the pictures are in it runs for like 5/10 mins, but then it would go on standby and as soon as i wanna use it it freezes, I can hear the trackball clicks, but the screen just shows my home screen, and that's it.. nothing moves.. when i press alt/shift it shows on the screen, just the nothing else works..

Very interesting. Well, if you can live without pics...then I say ok...if you can't then I would think your only option is to downgrade. That stinks and it's odd.