Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by omfgpanda ok well what if I don't like OS4.5 and i want ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by omfgpanda View Post
    ok well what if I don't like OS4.5 and i want to go back? :O
    Then you delet 4.5 off your computer and install 4.2 and downgrade.

omfgpanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Then you delet 4.5 off your computer and install 4.2 and downgrade.

so just delete it and what do you mean install 4.2? and also, how would a get the downgrade? x-x sorry.. its just that ive never done this before..

louns no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267EEF
    I did go to the web page and have a pin. My 8310 will not let me get far enough to enter the pin. It stops at the registration process saying that navigator is not installed. I have installed it OTA twice. Does anyone know what settings are needed to get ATT navigator to work?

louns no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267EEF
    I had it running on the latest ATT OS. The service books are showing up where they should. ATT sent me to Telenav who tried a few things and then sent me back to ATT. I do notice in my event log that nav4all is constantly trying to get a 302 Chestnut Cove Circle
    Southlake, TX 76092
    817-481-1630 from 0x33. Should I delete nav4all?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Stupid question, got a curve today and downloaded 4.5 to the computer. When I try to run the application it looks like it goes through all of the steps but does not change in my pnone, what steps am I missing to try on 4.5?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ did you delete the vendor.xml file?

it's been awhile since I've messed around with a blackberry, how do I do that?

nevermind, I found it, installing now. Man, I really need to search a little harder before I ask dumb questions. BTW, Thank you Cherrichiodo!

jakelee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi I have installed 4.5 OS on the laptop...it went fine, I renamed vendor.xml as well... then I launched desktop manager to upgrade to 4.5...it synced up everything else, but nothing has been changed in OS... is there anything I miss in the steps? Thanks...

Mine is a 8820...the OS is 4.5.0 for 8800 series.

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelee View Post
    Hi I have installed 4.5 OS on the laptop...it went fine, I renamed vendor.xml as well... then I launched desktop manager to upgrade to 4.5...it synced up everything else, but nothing has been changed in OS... is there anything I miss in the steps? Thanks...

Do you have other handheld OS installed on you desktop? If so remove the older handheld OS application from your PC, may have to reboot.once that is completed. Start DM, connect BB and the process should start.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelee View Post

I wouldnt recommend installing the 8820 OS on and 8800. There might be damage caused by the fact that the OS is intended for a different phone. Even though they are both 88xx devices, the OS was designed to be installed on and 88xx with wireless, etc...

vaughnq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20609EF4

Docs to Go

Hey all, as a follow up from the successful install and operation yesterday everything is still working fine and the phone is speeding up.

I believe though that I may not be understanding the fullness of documents to go.

I have the docs to go icon on my phones home screen but it simply acts like a folder, an empty one, which i can place other shortcuts... any idea why this would be?

How do i open a file from the memory card etc...

anyone can give me a quick synopsis on using it, or is it just not installed fully

Vaughn

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by omfgpanda View Post
    so just delete it and what do you mean install 4.2? and also, how would a get the downgrade? x-x sorry.. its just that ive never done this before..

OK....Download the OS to your computer. Once the download is complete, double click the icon and select "run"...that will install it to your computer. Once it's installed, go to C>program files>common files>research in motion> app loader
    you will find a file called vendor.xml delete it. close all the folders. Open the desktop manager, plug in the BB....DM should recognize a different OS and prompt you to upgrade...and click yes. When you get to a a white box...you will see things like "address book" "browser"....with little squares that may or may not have check marks in them. Make sure that Browswer, Blackberry Messenger and Documents to go is checked and that it says "Upgrade" or "install".....and click ok....the computer will do the rest.

If you dont like it, then using control panel, remove the OS from your computer, download and isntall the latest OS for your phone, and then repeat the steps I just typed.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnq View Post
    Hey all, as a follow up from the successful install and operation yesterday everything is still working fine and the phone is speeding up.

I believe though that I may not be understanding the fullness of documents to go.

I have the docs to go icon on my phones home screen but it simply acts like a folder, an empty one, which i can place other shortcuts... any idea why this would be?

How do i open a file from the memory card etc...

anyone can give me a quick synopsis on using it, or is it just not installed fully

Vaughn

Plug back into the DM...open app loader. Make sure the Docs to go box is checked and it says "upgrade" or "Install" and click ok...it will be fully loaded on the phone after that.

In your email, when recieving a word/excell document as an attachment, there should be an option to "download to dogs to go" or something like that. I didn't have that choice so I removed docs to go.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by wassona View Post
    I wouldnt recommend installing the 8820 OS on and 8800. There might be damage caused by the fact that the OS is intended for a different phone. Even though they are both 88xx devices, the OS was designed to be installed on and 88xx with wireless, etc...
    Not even worth the hassel. The DM wont recognize it.