Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Stolie Ok, so in order to try and bring this thread back ... RIM Handheld OS forum

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Stolie View Post
    Ok, so in order to try and bring this thread back to the original topic, I have an observation about the 4.5 OS.

I've noticed my 8100 has better battery life after 4.5 than with the 4.2 OS I was on before. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sorry if I sound rude in trying to focus on the original issue, it just feels like people are getting a bit angry with eachother!

~Cheers
    I actually have worst battery life than i did on my curve

HotMattyUK22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey i dunno if im in the wrong place i probly im im new to the blackberry not many ppl in the uk i know have it andd im new to this site how does the ping thing work?the messenger thing?ive added ppl and it says pending its made a noise and vibrated but still no1s online lol??get at me please people thanks x

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I never noticed a difference in my battery life in 4.5 either. I'm a pretty heavy user, so I HAVE to charge the phone every night. This hasn't changed.

Stolie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3057180C
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I never noticed a difference in my battery life in 4.5 either. I'm a pretty heavy user, so I HAVE to charge the phone every night. This hasn't changed.

Maybe that's it.. I just recently got a data plan on my BB and used it quite heavily for the first few days... I've since cut back a bit on the usage, and it happened to occur around the same time I upgraded so that could be it! Haha!

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am backing out.. Going back to latest 4.2.2

GPS doesn't work all the time and the Memleak of .10 is killing me.

I like a lot of the features but I will wait for the official release, or maybe stumble across .18 for the 8310....

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I think the battery life last less for some people because of all the new gadgets they play with.

It happened in my case. At the end of the day I had less battery left but I attribute that to the usage increase for the device. After my interest wears off I think the battery will last the same as before.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    OMG... I wonder if RIM's Reps are laughing right now... It took me close to 40 minutes to read this entire thread...And with all the hubub over this OS, and the resentment that its created, do you think it was worth it? Did anyone get it to work flawlessly? Im just wondering, cause it reminds me of the cabbage patch doll craze!! If there are any that remember that?!?!?!
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I am sure they are far ahead of us in versions...LOL...but what's taking so long? Unless someone saw the comment about spawning dragons and they are trying to make that happen! LOL! What about us gals? What if I wanted a unicorn and not a dragon? Is that a 3rd party app i'll have to buy? And how much is the unicorn gonna eat?
    Girl, youre so funny!
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by justajason View Post
    OMG... I wonder if RIM's Reps are laughing right now... It took me close to 40 minutes to read this entire thread...And with all the hubub over this OS, and the resentment that its created, do you think it was worth it? Did anyone get it to work flawlessly? Im just wondering, cause it reminds me of the cabbage patch doll craze!! If there are any that remember that?!?!?!
    I remember the doll craze. Lol. I was a bitty baby and my mom had an insider! Lol!

PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Oh! Here we go with the insiders! Lol I hate it that so many want this, I mean, is it the end all be all? Its just an operating system. And there will be others behind it. I just wanna keep my blackberry maps. And from what I recall, it won't be available at all on my carriers OS. So, ill just wait along till the asian packages are released. I'm not that concerned about it. I've already got a great camera that records video. And I've got more computers around me than most people in my profession. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lusanchez no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    CHE WEY!
    my browser is not working... that sucks

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Question ok sorry for late reply

to cherrichiodo yeah i actualy tried it with 4.2 dm and then with 4.3 dm but still the same problem exept 4.3 is way more responsive!

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    .10 leaks memory like crazy. Wish I could find .18 as I've heard most of the leakage is plugged in this version. I can't send mms now but that all I've noticed so far. Although, since I upgraded to DTM 4.3 I can no longer tether my curve as a modem.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Heaven forbid should I respect that someone else has worked his *** off for this forum....but then again, we are seeing more and more of the "entitlement" era "growing up"....or rather should we say "getting bigger", because a grown up understands the hard work and wishes of another.
    i like that - honestly this thread should be closed. if anyone on here was a true beta tester and running the os on a device that wasnt released with the OS then they would be under agreement not to disclose any information and or distribution. this means that the software everyone one is talking about is probably not in the possesion of the beta tester. the reason for the hush hush is due to the fact but not limited to
    • the patents applied for may not be approved yet-this could result in lawsuits. I remember not to long ago RIM was battling in court over something like this.
    • keeping a competitive edge on the market wouldn't be so bad-there is always someone who could benefit from other companies secrets and could in fact prepare
    • damage may occur to devices and petty lawsuits could begin and or false claims to mobile providers.
    as for as the forum rules. if you are in violation of these rules you put the forum in harms way. everyone is willing to damage the forum for this? the product will be released in time and then we can talk or write until body parts go numb. just an idea, blogs are free and you speak your mind on your forum. check it out and stop going against the forums wishes

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    so seriously, i glad im beta testing. so .18 fixes the you tube issue huh?