Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

I have been searching and searching but I can't find .18 all I keep finding ... RIM Handheld OS forum

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

I have been searching and searching but I can't find .18 all I keep finding is .10 I'm not asking for a link or anything but that I'm upset that I can't find it!!! Lol I just can't get youtube to work that's all....
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    can anyone confirm .18 for the 8310?

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    I found two things on my Curve 8300 with the 4.5.0.10 rom.

First, I believe this wasn't available in the media player in 4.2 and I discovered it by mistake.
    You can switch audio tracks by holding a little more the volume keys. Please tell me it's new in 4.5 or I will feel stupid.

Second, in BB Messenger you can't type accents as pressing the key immediately switches to uppercase before you can roll the trackball to switch the possible options. This works well in other application and on 4.2's BB Messenger.
    Yea the volume thing I found by accident too when I was in the car and I'm trying to put up the volume and I guess it was as high as it could go and all of the sudden the track changed...

bigdog364 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2439E565
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    The software or the possesion of said software is not "illegal" on this form, nor is the discussion of said software, the workings of the software or the assistance of others in possesion of said software...the distribution of, promise of distribution or asking for the distribition is....again....READ THE RULES!!!!
    LOL! We have a "online lawyer". It was my understanding that this thread and forum was to "educate and assist" blackberry owners with issues, and share their discoveries. I've been reading this thread for awhile, at which point I've picked up some great insight on the upcoming OS. Thanks to everyone for sharing their findings. I will wait for the release, but I can tell you I will have lots of knowledge on the OS due to the comments in this thread and all of the helpful people in this forum. I apologize for my comments that were not meant to be harmful, but really just "typing" out loud. But the lawyer in the forum, thats hillarious.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Does anyone have an issue trying to send pics while on wifi? I found last night that I can't send pics while I was on wifi, soon as I turned it off and was on edge it went thru right away, anyone experience this?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Honestly. And this is just mytwo cents. Some of these issues when it comes to signal strength. Reception. Etc. It could be the carriers network issue. Keep that in mind as well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by PacketRat View Post
    Found a huge bug on my test of 4.5 When going from no cell service for 3 hours to good cell coverage I noticed that I had to turn antenna off then back on for it to find service. Seems that after it tries for a few hours it doesn't like to keep on trying later. Could be some sort of battery saver.
    I'm not sure that is a 4.5 issue. It was an issue for me on 4.2/4.3 with the 8100 and my 8310. I have a weekly run to a remote site that has no coverage. I routinely had to turn off the antenna and back on to kickstart the service again.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e
    anyone know if 4.5 for the 8310 is compatible with BES??

i have it hooked to my server and can wirelessly sync with everything except my calendar...

anyone?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog364 View Post
    LOL! We have a "online lawyer". It was my understanding that this thread and forum was to "educate and assist" blackberry owners with issues, and share their discoveries. I've been reading this thread for awhile, at which point I've picked up some great insight on the upcoming OS. Thanks to everyone for sharing their findings. I will wait for the release, but I can tell you I will have lots of knowledge on the OS due to the comments in this thread and all of the helpful people in this forum. I apologize for my comments that were not meant to be harmful, but really just "typing" out loud. But the lawyer in the forum, thats hillarious.

Not so much a lawyer, as one who respects Hayden's wishes and the integrity of this forum!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up

respects Hayden's wishes and the integrity of this forum!
    You're so obedient or something

Can anyone help me on my thread I just posted?

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    It's not just Pinstack that has these rules. They're pretty much universal for all BB forums if you check it. Hell any forum where people ask for beta copies of any software of any kind, the admins step in. Facilitation of distribution is never good good business for these sites.

And to answer your question in the other thread. Yes Jivetalk works great with the new OS. I do have an 8310 but that shouldn't make much of a difference.

PIN/ID
    Heaven forbid should I respect that someone else has worked his *** off for this forum....but then again, we are seeing more and more of the "entitlement" era "growing up"....or rather should we say "getting bigger", because a grown up understands the hard work and wishes of another.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Stolie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3057180C
    Ok, so in order to try and bring this thread back to the original topic, I have an observation about the 4.5 OS.

I've noticed my 8100 has better battery life after 4.5 than with the 4.2 OS I was on before. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sorry if I sound rude in trying to focus on the original issue, it just feels like people are getting a bit angry with eachother!

~Cheers

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Thumbs up

Heaven forbid should I respect that someone else has worked his *** off for this forum....but then again, we are seeing more and more of the "entitlement" era "growing up"....or rather should we say "getting bigger", because a grown up understands the hard work and wishes of another.
    thats real good

PIN/ID
    Yes people are getting angry Stolie...

I didnt' notice a c hange either way. Others said batt life was worse.

********* WARNING *********

I think I killed my 8310 trying to use the switch device via DM to transfer the 8300 stuff to the 8310 because I had the 4.5 on the 8300!!!! DONT USE SWITCH DEVICE WITH THE 4.5 BETA!!!!