Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

hi i update my bb 8800 from 4.2 to 4.5 and i am not getting ... RIM Handheld OS forum

luchi8888 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241f7f6b

Advertisement

hi i update my bb 8800 from 4.2 to 4.5 and i am not getting any email or internet icon on my device and also i try what you all said to do for two days now and it is still not working, can someone help here!!!

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    My youtube os not workin on my 8800.....anyone had the new OS on their 8800 and got the youtube working??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Fantom1023 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelp View Post
    Paying for it is unlikely, since it's basically firmware. You might start a major panic if you post tidbits like this...
    That was a direct quote from the salesman at AT&T, I was shocked to hear it myself. But he compared it to upgrading on your computer, for example, from xp to vista. So don't shoot the messenger lol.

Also, does anyone know if there is a beta version 4.5.0.18 out for the 8310? I have seen it for various other models, but not for the 8310. Just curious, thanks.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    ^Haven't seen it around, so I'm guessing not.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantom1023 View Post
    That was a direct quote from the salesman at AT&T, I was shocked to hear it myself. But he compared it to upgrading on your computer, for example, from xp to vista. So don't shoot the messenger lol.
    OK...comparing it to Vista and XP----didn't we have to PAY for Vista?? LOL!

And those that are having problems and asking for help----I know it sucks, but if no one here has a fix, then we dont know what to tell you! Repeatedly (like maybe 10/18 pages for this post) people mention that their media card is screwed up---either they removed the card and it's perfect, or they format---if those didn't work, then they downgraded back to 4.2 or dealt with the issues.

There is nothing more that we can tell you. This is after all a BETA release. Just keeping trying until you fix it, or read over an dover the posts that tell you how.

I am sorry it's not working for you, but for some it's working and for others it's not.

Also---those that are STILL ASKING where to FIND the beta-----STOP ASKING! Hayden has said it NICELY as have other mods and members-----STOP ASKING!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    ^Haven't seen it around, so I'm guessing not.
    Thanks for the reply, I will keep looking, thanks again.

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

cant install 4.5 please help!

ok so i download 4.5.0.18 for my 8100 t-mo like 2 days ago and havent been able to install in my device. installer installs fine but when i connect my device it doesnt recognize an update, also i've installed like almost every single o.s for my 8100 and never had this problem.can someone please help?
    p.s. yes i tried looking for vendor.xml to delete but the file isnt where it usualy is i mean i cant find it anywhere maybe thats the problem but i really need the pinstackers to the rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    OK...comparing it to Vista and XP----didn't we have to PAY for Vista?? LOL!

And those that are having problems and asking for help----I know it sucks, but if no one here has a fix, then we dont know what to tell you! Repeatedly (like maybe 10/18 pages for this post) people mention that their media card is screwed up---either they removed the card and it's perfect, or they format---if those didn't work, then they downgraded back to 4.2 or dealt with the issues.

There is nothing more that we can tell you. This is after all a BETA release. Just keeping trying until you fix it, or read over an dover the posts that tell you how.

I am sorry it's not working for you, but for some it's working and for others it's not.

Also---those that are STILL ASKING where to FIND the beta-----STOP ASKING! Hayden has said it NICELY as have other mods and members-----STOP ASKING!

I wasn't asking for it, was asking about it, big difference.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by lexo View Post
    ok so i download 4.5.0.18 for my 8100 t-mo like 2 days ago and havent been able to install in my device. installer installs fine but when i connect my device it doesnt recognize an update, also i've installed like almost every single o.s for my 8100 and never had this problem.can someone please help?
    p.s. yes i tried looking for vendor.xml to delete but the file isnt where it usualy is i mean i cant find it anywhere maybe thats the problem but i really need the pinstackers to the rescue!
    Go to your start file on your computer. Go to "search" type vendor.xml that will find it and then delete it.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantom1023 View Post
    I wasn't asking for it, was asking about it, big difference.
    Amazing you thought I was talking to you. Again----hayden said you can't even ask if its out there!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Amazing you thought I was talking to you. Again----hayden said you can't even ask if its out there!
    Awesome

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    When I installed the 4.5 to my 8100, I did it without the sim or the memory card inside. When I put my memory card and sim in, I did not have the any problems with it reading the card. All my music, pics, ringtones were there. I did have the red led light stay on and it was very slow at first. Softrest did feeze it up so I reinstalled it, but after I did it worked fine. I went back to 4.2 because I thought it was to slow, but I didn't feel I gave it a chance and reinstalled it a few days later. The second install worked much better. No problems at all and the red light issue was not there any longer. The second time I saw that some boxes were unchecked right before install, so I checked all of the apps that I wanted and installed. Every app worked and it was faster than the first time. Maybe, I got a good release of it

PIN/ID
    pdx---do you have color pearl installed? Cause some people were saying that it was color pearl that was causing the red light to stay on (though I dont know why the pearl app would cause that, but hey...whatever! LOL!)....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    When I installed the 4.5 to my 8100, I did it without the sim or the memory card inside. When I put my memory card and sim in, I did not have the any problems with it reading the card. All my music, pics, ringtones were there. I did have the red led light stay on and it was very slow at first. Softrest did feeze it up so I reinstalled it, but after I did it worked fine. I went back to 4.2 because I thought it was to slow, but I didn't feel I gave it a chance and reinstalled it a few days later. The second install worked much better. No problems at all and the red light issue was not there any longer. The second time I saw that some boxes were unchecked right before install, so I checked all of the apps that I wanted and installed. Every app worked and it was faster than the first time. Maybe, I got a good release of it

well keep playing around with it and give us some details about your troubles (if any). i am still wary of putting this on my own BB.