Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

I have an issue...maybe someone can help. I got the new OS installed (018) and ... RIM Handheld OS forum

DataCentre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208759D5

Advertisement

I have an issue...maybe someone can help. I got the new OS installed (018) and everything works great. Only issue that I have is that when my phone is off, the green svc light stays lit all the time. I can't shut it off at all. Is this something I'm just going to have to live with till the final release is out? BTW I have BB 8100 Pearl.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    the wap.voicestream.com is for tmobile, the att 4.5 version im running as the APN: wap.cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120 View Post
    wap.voicestream.com isn't the TCP setting for ATT, that's just for TMO. And the people that are having YouTube problems are on ATT.
    RedCurv07

ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am using the .18 and have noticed that if while your on the phone and you have the mute on for around 5 mins that the device resets its self. Anyone else expriences this??

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    atsmark----were you running the most updtated 4.2.2 OS before upgrading to 4.5?? You might wanna give that a try. Use JLCommander to wipe the phone, upload the 4.2 and then the 4.5.
    I was using 4.2.203 from att. so backup the phone, but do a full wipe then install. then restore the backup to the phone?

justinhorner no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_1060 View Post
    I am using the .18 and have noticed that if while your on the phone and you have the mute on for around 5 mins that the device resets its self. Anyone else expriences this??
    I am having these almost the same issues as well. Mineseems to be related to the memory card...If you format the card, it tends to resolve the issue. But if you begin to add files back to the card, the problem persists. I am currently adding things 1 by 1 to see if it something specific that is causing the issue.

FYI, this just starting happening one day for me, the new OS was running fine for a few days, then I added something which farked my BB. Also

Well mine has been happening since I first loaded the upgrade. But the first time the phone would crash after the device was only on for ten mins, then it would take 5 mins or more to reboot.

I cant seem to find bbmaps, it sais its loaded, but I cant find the icon, and Yes I looked to see if I had it hidden and its not there.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I think that's one of the bugs. At least what I hear. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have not had any problems at all with mine. I have minimum apps running anyway- Jivetalk, Beyond411, FaceBook, Google Calendar Sync, etc.

I think what is causing the problems are all the varying apps.

I love this 4.5 OS. I'm never goin back... KNOCK ON WOOD...
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by atsmark View Post
    I was using 4.2.203 from att. so backup the phone, but do a full wipe then install. then restore the backup to the phone?

Yeah...give it a try...because you are backing up your contacts, pics, etc....and then try to load 4.5 and see what happens.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    My second install worked alot better than the first. I didn't wipe it clean, but I did make sure all the boxes were checked before installing it. Hope that helps

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_1060 View Post
    I cant seem to find bbmaps, it sais its loaded, but I cant find the icon, and Yes I looked to see if I had it hidden and its not there.
    If you're with AT&T, you won't find the BBMaps.
    Last edited by dgy2k1; 04-14-2008 at 06:10 PM.

SDinSD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by dgy2k1 View Post
    If you're with AT&T, you wont't find the BBMaps.
    There was a work-around in v4.2. Anyone know if there's one for v4.5?

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm sure there will be one. We have to wait for the final OS. Someone will come up with one.

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    My second install worked alot better than the first. I didn't wipe it clean, but I did make sure all the boxes were checked before installing it. Hope that helps

so you installed all the languages etc? that shouldnt make the install go bad if you dont have those checked should it?