jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd

Advertisement

I am still waiting patiently...

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    You and everyone else.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

mattweldon no está en línea Stack level 2
    How is it that we don't have any "inside" RIM employees on the stacks who can slip us a little tease of a date. There's always inside info being leaked at other companies. We need someone who can tell us the actual date that only the stackers would know and pass around "well, ***** said the update might be released on a date that rhymes with mapril the quith". WE NEED AN INFORMED INSIDER WILLING TO SPILL THE BEANS!!! sorry.....just a little anxious....

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Anxious would describe it. Fed up it also one I'd use.

RIM release it, prove it exists and is not some fecked up joke !

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Gotta disagree Dolphin...my sister works for Verizon, she just got an email saying that they will get the curve, already loaded with 4.5 the end of April, release rumor is May 1....and she expects the software to be out for VZW around that time also.

Possibly quite true, but that's for the 8330, the CDMA version Curve, not necessarily any other Curve. Therefore, it doesn't correlate to the release date for Device Software Packages for existing devices. Example: 8130

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Good point Rcbjr!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Possibly quite true, but that's for the 8330, the CDMA version Curve, not necessarily any other Curve. Therefore, it doesn't correlate to the release date for Device Software Packages for existing devices. Example: 8130

Rcbjr
    Or for the 8703e.

esasmiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Damn This Is Killing Me I can't Wait for this damn update already......waiting sucks...

joeya7x no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244887A5
    So when the upgrade eventually is released, will it be available to download ota, through blackberry, or through cingular?? I talked to an at&t/cingular representative and the company has no news on an official realease date... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by joeya7x View Post
    So when the upgrade eventually is released, will it be available to download ota, through blackberry, or through cingular?? I talked to an at&t/cingular representative and the company has no news on an official realease date... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry but NO, Device software updates are NEVER OTA, the files compressed are over 50 MBs, so they always have to be installed to a Windows PC and then installed on the BB throught the DTM
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

amhays87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    After the 4.5 upgrade we WILL be able to do future updates OTA even tho they are extremely Large files. There will still be the option to download from the desktop to your device, but OTA will be possible.

Latest Release Date information recieved from a RIM employee that showed me the 4.5 OS yesterday says April 15th.

April 15, 2008!
    He also said that this is when the software will go public and in reality I will not be able to upgrade with AT&T/Cingular until Early JUNE!

Release: April 15 2008 Available to me(US): June 2008

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post

Rcbjr
    Actually----that IS when VZW (according to that email) will also be releasing the OS....so....if it does come out at that time....then it will be the first time (that i've seen) a CDMA carrier releasing an OS before the GSM carriers.

I dont care who is first anymore----like I said....the first person out (with the exception of Sprint) with a Curve that has the 4.5 OS is the company I am switching to!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by amhays87 View Post
    After the 4.5 upgrade we WILL be able to do future updates OTA even tho they are extremely Large files. There will still be the option to download from the desktop to your device, but OTA will be possible.

Latest Release Date information recieved from a RIM employee that showed me the 4.5 OS yesterday says April 15th.

April 15, 2008!
    He also said that this is when the software will go public and in reality I will not be able to upgrade with AT&T/Cingular until Early JUNE!

Release: April 15 2008 Available to me(US): June 2008
    Wow that would be a Big step up, to do updates OTA. They could have been releasing small patches like that all along, such as the DST Patch.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    SO TMO will have it by 2009? lol
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    No we should be releasing it by the summer at least what. I heard from t-mobile. But the release won't be ota. You would have to download it and load it vuia application loader on the desktop manager. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 ... LastLast