Ok, a few days ago I upgraded my 8100s OS to 4.2.1.109. Now Im thinking ... RIM Handheld OS forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

4.5.037 Voda OS on 8100

Advertisement

Ok, a few days ago I upgraded my 8100s OS to 4.2.1.109. Now Im thinking about this new Voda 4.5. But Ive been researching previous threads, my question-is it worth the hassle, or am I better off sticking with the 4.2 OS for now. There seems to be a lot of bugs in the 4.5 even though its an official OS (non beta). Anyone who has downloaded it please advise.

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I downloaded on my 8100 and its nice... great themes, texting alot better, web browsing is better but the camera is still alittle off and the OS seems to take up more memory but otherwise i like it

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks jd, does anyone know what DTM I'll have to DL or can I use the 4.3 Im using on my 8310 and 8100? Will I have to DL a 4.5 DTM specifically for the OS upgrade?

cbusddc no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can use 4.3 desktop manager for the upgrade.

Re: 4.5 upgrade on 8100. If you don't mind dealing with some bugs, it is worthwhile. The biggest annoyance I have found so far is after a couple days the standby function quits working and I have to do a battery pull. The camera is a bit off but I don't really use it much anyway. The OS is really slow after the upgrade but improves after some time and a couple reboots.

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks for the imput guys.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    All I have to say is stick with it if you do the upgrade. I downloaded it to my phone and it was really glitchy. I tried fixing things and configuring it till I got it as good as I could get it. It was still really glitchy. I waited more and voila everything is ok but the mouse in the browser doesn't work until you change it so you don't use and the camera is a bit messed still buy its perfect besides everything else.

What I'm trying to say is this.

THE 4.5 OS SEEMS TO FIX ITS GLITCHES BY ITSELF!

PIN/ID
    nada
    OK, thanks. Lets approach this from another direction. What are the main benefits from upgrading the OS to the 4.5?

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Pros: You get HTML email if your carrier has the new BIS update or you have BES, You get better browsing, better music player, improved UI, Most of my 3rd party appliances are 4.5 compatible, you get the L Theme. MiuTunes works, and you get docs to go.

Cons: Vlingo does not work for me but others say that they have gotten it to work, Custom themes don't work unless you have the wallpaper too, Camera (as posted above) doesn't work, The led lights does not stop when you receive a text and ECT. (but it stopped for me after a day), Cursor in browser does not work (you will need to switch it to not use the cursor in the browser), Faster internet.

Hope this helps.

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks Dallas

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Sorry, faster internet was supposed to be a pro. Also, with the LED, I meant that It stopped doing that and started working correctly. Just to clear up things.

PIN/ID
    nada
    very good, thanks for the info