Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627 LastLast

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo its a good think we didn't tell you to search when ... RIM Handheld OS forum

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 4.3 on 8100

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    its a good think we didn't tell you to search when you were freaking out

please don't patronize me. his answer is in this very thread and only a few pages back. he clearly didnt read.

my problem wasnt covered anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell me where the thread talking about reseting and wiping after installing 4.3 OS on ur phone and with an app error due to installing the brand new version of JiveTalk.

Thank you for your help, but please use logic from now on.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

all the information that i supplied to you (along with others) can be found here...

its all about the approach...and your attitude.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    all the information that i supplied to you (along with others) can be found here...

its all about the approach...and your attitude.
    my attitude is fine. why argue? it gets us no where.

your provided information may have been here, but the situation we presented today was indeed unique.

no worries tho as the problem was solved.

thanks again and have a fabulous night.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

aferstilo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24194CBA
    well my phone finally stoped restarting every 2 secs...i didnt do anything for it to stop it just did... my faves works only thing that is bugged is pics for me... unless is my fav pics that came with phone they look horrible... im in between going back to 4.2.107 or staying on this one i mean this one is great if it wasnt for those few bugs...

ok im going back to other one ijsut noticed that when it rings u cant hear it doesnt do it on speaker...
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 11-12-2007 at 02:34 AM. Reason: merged posts

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Ok holy schmoly I go out of town for 2 days and this thread happens!!! I forgot my charger so I had no phone to use and left my laptop at home. Anyhow I read a few pages of this. Sounds like you all have been havin fun. Sucks about the camera if thats still an issue. But yeah I think I will be getting the higher capacity battery now after my stock one died on me in one day at Magic Mountain. Sorry to ask but whats the basic run down on this situation as of now? I just am not feelin like readin twelve pages of posts I'll try while I am at work tomorrow though! Maybe it will give me something to do to pass time faster!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Now MY browser wont show up....again..

uhhhh anyone?

aferstilo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24194CBA

try restarting pulling battery leave it out for a min or two put it back on if still not there send service book...

btw i restarted cell phone 2 times got incoming calls ringtones to work... so the more the phone restarts the better the os works.. figures..

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

I give up...im going back to 4.2

WAY too many bugs and nulls for me...too much for a 15 year old kid to handle. Ill just wait for the official release, and let the pros take care of the stupid camera problem.

uggggghhhh blackberry drama.

PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Wow this thread as really grown....

anyways, I have spent the last 4 hours installing/uninstalling OS's. Its so much fun

watercarver no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F62406

This OS seems to fix the problem with Multitap. So I'm gonna stick with it since I have to use multitap (no suretype for my lang)

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

AT&T is suppose to release 4.3 for their BBs at the beginning of next year when the Pearl 2 comes out

xombi no está en línea Stack level 1

Shame its not possible to mix the working bits of this version with the working bits of the older OS to get a hybrid lol

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Tried it all morning, got no work done, now back to 4.2.
    Will be such a sweet OS when it comes out. Guess we will have to wait till that happens or someone leaks a newer less buggy version.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thank you all for the great reading material. This is why I start reading these threads at the last post. This way I know what not to do.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Just a brief update for anyone concerned. I orginially upgraded to this 4.3 from .101

I wiped my handheld (go back a few pages if you want the saga) reinstalled 4.3, restored previous settings, etc. and found:

1. with AT&T, the default BB Browser option is removed. Your only option is the MEdianet browser.
    2. Unresolved "907 Invalid COD" errors when attempting any OTA downloads.
    3. Camera does not work.
    4. Otherwise extremely cool improvements to suretype, calendar, address book, email, and themes.

The phone was buggy and unstable, reset at various times for no apparent reason, and the fact that I couldn't use the browser for anything but surfing (and I'm sorry, but if I don't want the MEdianet browser I shouldn't have to have it shoved down my throat)

SOOOOO, I downgraded this morning. (Sorry AB1, I wish I had time to get on here yesterday, I could have told you the downgrade was possible w/o a wipe.) Another side note for anyone reading this thread: Wipe with jl_cmdr only as a last resort. If you can get any kind of connection with your DM, there is no need to wipe.

I'm back on .101, a little sad that I don't have my cool SureType fixes or "L" theme, but happy to have all my other stuff back.

Patiently and eagerly awaiting a bug free 4.3...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.