Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 405

Originally Posted by srl7741 Consider this my entire disclaimer* If anyone chooses to install os ... RIM Handheld OS forum

  1. #16
    tj2311111's Avatar
    tj2311111 Guest

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Consider this my entire disclaimer* If anyone chooses to install os 4.3 onto their 8100 phone at their own free will and the phone is bricked it's NOT my doing nor am I responsible for fixing it.


    Please do a complete backup prior to installing anything



    Was this OS made for the 8100 specifically? Also can you PM me the link when you upload it? I might try it or wait for more brave 8100 users to try it. lol.

  2. #17
    LaTuFu's Avatar
    LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    Other than video capture, which I don't really mind that the Pearl 1s won't be able to do, what will the 4.3 OS do differently? Bluetooth Stereo support, IIRC, but not sure of anything else.

    I don't mind giving it a try. If I brick, its not like I can't roll back to .101 or something like that.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

  3. #18
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    i'll put it on my test pearl ... if anyone wants a guinea pig

  4. #19
    LaTuFu's Avatar
    LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    You make a great guinea pig.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

  5. #20
    tj2311111's Avatar
    tj2311111 Guest

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Other than video capture, which I don't really mind that the Pearl 1s won't be able to do, what will the 4.3 OS do differently? Bluetooth Stereo support, IIRC, but not sure of anything else.


    Streaming video from websites plus a new browser look (with tabbed browsing) if I remember correctly. Yeah i dont need the video capture too much.

  6. #21
    alwaysbelieve1's Avatar
    alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Streaming video from websites plus a new browser look (with tabbed browsing) if I remember correctly. Yeah i dont need the video capture too much.
    And cleaner email, contacts, and calendar interface as well as better suretype too.

    There's a whole thread about the features somewhere.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

    Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

    Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

  7. #22
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    After alwaysbelieve1 and LaTuFu report back and if things went good for them i'll post the download link.
    guinea's for the moment.
    Last edited by srl7741; 11-10-2007 at 04:53 PM.

  8. #23
    inc188's Avatar
    inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    567

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    hey

    do you have 4.3 for the 8830's?


  9. #24
    benritmeyer's Avatar
    benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    20752839
    Posts
    229

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im using 4.3 on my 8120. Suretype is a lot better and as already mentioned it just looks slicker and more professional. Small things like adding people's addresses to contacts which then appear in your calendar.

  10. #25
    tj2311111's Avatar
    tj2311111 Guest

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    Quote Originally Posted by benritmeyer View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im using 4.3 on my 8120. Suretype is a lot better and as already mentioned it just looks slicker and more professional. Small things like adding people's addresses to contacts which then appear in your calendar.


    Can you stream media from websites?

  11. #26
    LaTuFu's Avatar
    LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    I'm going in! Reporting back here shortly. Backup complete, starting the upgrade now.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

  12. #27
    alwaysbelieve1's Avatar
    alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    I've been stuck at the second to last step of the upgrade. It says "waiting for device initialization". It comes right before the final step which is to "restore device data". It's been "initializing" for almost 20 min. now. This hasn't happened with prior upgrades. Is this something I should be concerned with?

    What should I do?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

    Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

    Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

  13. #28
    tj2311111's Avatar
    tj2311111 Guest

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    Any news yet? I so what to get the 4.3 OS. Especially if it has the features mentioned. Hurry up people and report back.

  14. #29
    alwaysbelieve1's Avatar
    alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    ok thank God it snapped out of it and is now restoring device data. will post results shortly. im so ancie... i feel like a kid about to go on his favorite roller coaster. LOL
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

    Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

    Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

  15. #30
    tj2311111's Avatar
    tj2311111 Guest

    Re: 4.3 on 8100

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    I've been stuck at the second to last step of the upgrade. It says "waiting for device initialization". It comes right before the final step which is to "restore device data". It's been "initializing" for almost 20 min. now. This hasn't happened with prior upgrades. Is this something I should be concerned with?

    What should I do?

    Whatever you do Dont unplug the device.


    Do you have it password locked?
    If your device is password locked. Press a button on your Pearl and see if the screen comes up asking for password. If so type the password and hit enter and the process should continue. But I repeat dont unplug you device.



    Edit: I see you figured it out.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •