Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Okay some other programs that don't work. Yahoo go 2 and Pinstack chat launcher doesn't ... RIM Handheld OS forum

tj2311111 Guest

Re: 4.3 on 8100

Advertisement

Okay some other programs that don't work. Yahoo go 2 and Pinstack chat launcher doesn't work, throws an Java error. Also Vtap doesn't work , doesn't connect to network.

tj2311111 Guest

And beamberry doesn't connect to network.

I might have to roll back to the .107. Os until the bugs have been worked out. It has nice features but there's still problems, as this is probably the beta 4.3 os

tj2311111 Guest

Opera mini 4 doesn't connect to internet. I have the apn set to wap.voicestream.com and doesn't work.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Just installed and when I leave the phone alone for a min, when screen turns off the phone resets?
    Anyoine else having this problem?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    hmm. my browsers not working. well media net works but the regular blackberry browser doesnt show up. i cant even select it as the default viewer in settings. ive resent my service books a couple times and its still not showing up.
    Yeah, I'm noticing that too. I did not delete the vendor.alx file when I loaded it, however. That might be why. Did you delete the vendor file?

I'm bumping into many of the issues that teamjordan has outlined. I think I'm headed back to 4.2 also. Which is a shame, since I love all of the UI improvements on this OS. Hopefully the improvements are on the way.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

tj2311111 Guest

Yeah it is a shame. I was loving the way sure type was working, it was flawless and the new look was amazing. But its still too buggy to use on a everyday basis.

As for the browser not working. You have to delete the vendor.alx file when your upgrading. Thats gonna throw off alot of features. Just like what LaTuFu mentioned. Also make sure you have you APN settings set in options correctly.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Wow! The only big bug I'm getting is the camera issue.

tj2311111 Guest

^^

All your applications work. I couldn't get some to work no matter what I do. That paired with the camera issue, i thought it would be best to downgrade.

What I found for most apps to work is NOT to try running them right away. I had to uninstall many and the reinstall them.

Also I had to restart my phone about 5 or 6 times before all rendering and whatever it does to be done.

Now except for the camera issue mine is working great.

tj2311111 Guest

I restarted my phone many times didn't work for me. But I didn't reinstall the programs at all, that could've worked. So Opera Mini 4 works perfectly for you on that OS?

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

I'm trying to edit the camera .cod file to see where the null is hanging around.

I don't use Opera as I couldn't get it to work on ANY OS. It is of no use to me.

Maybe some apps just don't play well together on this OS, but you MUST reinstall.

Actually I saw many of my apps that didn't work initially appear in the Setting/Advanced/applications section, but I had to icon to run them. That got me thinking. All I did was eithe uninstall it and then reinstall it or just simply reinstall them and bingo! They all worked except for the camera and color pearl, but I never did anything to color pearl. All that does is give me a plain white lighted pearl ball to stare at. I used to have an awesome green color that was the same color as Luke Skywalker's light saber. Yeah I was cool!

I meant to say that I "had NO icon to run them".

tj2311111 Guest

You have no clue what your missing with Opera Mini 4. Its amazing much better than even that new BB browser in the 4.3 OS. Major reason why I downgraded.

I should of thought about uninstalling and reinstalling them. Seems so simple yet I forgot about it. I was busy messing with the permissions and etc. The reason why some wouldnt work is they were developed for 4.2 OS's not 4.3 (wasnt available for developers), thats why some dont work together with this OS. Like color Pearl is a good example.

Edit: I had the icons they just didnt work. They went to the program but threw errors.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I'm reloading 4.3 for the third time. I did a jl_cmdr wipe, and the only way I can get the DM to recognize any OS for reloading is if I have 4.3 in the apploader folder. I did delete the vendor file this time around, so hopefully that will clear up the "medianet only" browser issue. I was able to get Opera Mini 4 to work, and I did get the Pinstack Launcher to download before this latest attempt to reload. So I'll start over again here shortly. If I can get it to work, I may just ride it out w/o a camera until a better OS version is released. I like the other improvements that much.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.