Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by vinmontRD Not sure if this is a comment on how exciting a ... RIM Handheld OS forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    Not sure if this is a comment on how exciting a new BB OS release is....or how pathetic our lives have become since we all turned into BB junkies...
    Sorry for my strange post I meant the new Pearl is out and it does look as if the 4.3 OS will be out early next year but I'm only guessing.

And dam the 9000 series as I am still waiting for 8310 to come to my carrier. Now not sure if to get it or not.
    And yes I'm a addict.

sansaman no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 4.3 Beta

Curve 4.3 is not out because it crashes the phn. The device saves the video files to device and starts deleting anything it can find if it runs out of space. It needs to be fixed to save to sd card. Once that is fixed, we should be looking for a version 4.3.14.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by sansaman View Post
    Curve 4.3 is not out because it crashes the phn. The device saves the video files to device and starts deleting anything it can find if it runs out of space. It needs to be fixed to save to sd card. Once that is fixed, we should be looking for a version 4.3.14.
    curious to where you found this out..?

sTYZ no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sansaman View Post
    4.3.1.19 takes care of the crashing on the 8310 but it has problems with deleting videos until you pull the battery (only those created on the phone). Also it saves the video to the sd card. The new bb maps will not allow you to use it with a regular WAP plan like is offered from rogers ($5 for 5MB). Instead you are forced to either BES or BIS.

sansaman no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sTYZ View Post
    4.3.1.19 takes care of the crashing on the 8310 but it has problems with deleting videos until you pull the battery (only those created on the phone). Also it saves the video to the sd card. The new bb maps will not allow you to use it with a regular WAP plan like is offered from rogers ($5 for 5MB). Instead you are forced to either BES or BIS.
    That's why you have download Google maps 2.01, it works with wap plans, and you get the My Location with the new version for gps-less devices. My blackberry maps does not work anymore with the wap plan.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

...The new bb maps will not allow you to use it with a regular WAP plan like is offered from rogers ($5 for 5MB). Instead you are forced to either BES or BIS.
    because the BlackBerry was not designed to use "wap" service, only BES or BIS. They aren't forcing you to do anything, that is something they tell you upfront before you buy a BlackBerry.

The problem is my bb maps worked with the wap plan until now(after upgrade). I just uninstalled the new bb maps and am going to install the older version and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    because the BlackBerry was not designed to use "wap" service, only BES or BIS. They aren't forcing you to do anything, that is something they tell you upfront before you buy a BlackBerry.
    Not true since everything except the bb email works with the WAP service(every internet program i've tried). Actually rogers even uses the wap browser on the bb.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Not true since everything except the bb email works with the WAP service(every internet program i've tried). Actually rogers even uses the wap browser on the bb.
    consider yourself lucky.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

never said it will not work, I said it was not designed for that. Yes most carriers will include wap browsers but that is because they bundle that into the BB data service, since many websites have wap version pages. But you are saying that RIM is trying to "force" you to pay for BES or BIS, which is not the case. It was made for BlackBerry service, it is not a regular cell phone. Would you buy a car that is only designed for certain things (say to operate with only a certain fuel type, or only on racetracks) and complain that it doesn't work other ways? That is the same situation - RIM designed the BlackBerry to work with their data service, not others... now yes it might work (limited) with others but not what it was intended for. This is called cheating the system.

I am sorry that it no longer works for you, but...

I think you're missing my point in the fact that RIM went out of their way to make the BB maps not work with WAP. It's not like they made a whole new program that was accidently incompatable with WAP. They said we dont want people using any other type of data except ours. Kind of like if you bought a car after you found out you could use any type of fuel in it and and running it that way and only months later you find out you have to buy super expensive premium fuel from their supplier just to get little extra cash out of you.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I think you're missing my point in the fact that RIM went out of their way to make the BB maps not work with WAP. It's not like they made a whole new program that was accidently incompatable with WAP. They said we dont want people using any other type of data except ours. Kind of like if you bought a car after you found out you could use any type of fuel in it and and running it that way and only months later you find out you have to buy super expensive premium fuel from their supplier just to get little extra cash out of you.

No they didn't RIM=BB. Tough cookies. If they wanted something generic like any other device theyw ould have designed flip phones for a living. If you dont like it simple switch to a Treo or any other WM device. BB maps was never intended to work with wap service cause its a BLACKBERRY, so it works on a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN which runs off of BLACKBERRY SERVERS. So tough. Another one bites the dust
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

I'm seeing 4.3.1.14 floating around as a torrent - not sure if it's legit or not. It's only for the 8100.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

wow now that would be a nice xmas to see 4.3 released.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by furtive View Post
    I'm seeing 4.3.1.14 floating around as a torrent - not sure if it's legit or not. It's only for the 8100.
    You can discuss the torrent, but if a link is posted or requested the link will be deleted, the thread or post will be closed/deleted and appropriate infractions given for Link violations, thanks.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast