~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool I'm gonna download it hey if anything I just have to downgrade ... RIM Handheld OS forum
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool I'm gonna download it hey if anything I just have to downgrade and its cool if I'm on at&t correct? All I do is delete the vendor file right I haven't had to do this since 4.2 came out lol
Yes, doesn't matter what carrier you're on, just remember to select the OS specific for your device, download and install it, then delete the vendor.xml file from:
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool I'm always nevous when I do this can u post the thread on were the instructions are I got the day off and I've been waiting for this I first have to update my DM but hey
1) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.
2) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.
3) If you haven't already, download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier) - This is moot since you're downloading the 4.5 OS.
4) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded. If you are downloading the OS specific for your carrier you can skip step 5. In other words, if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an AT&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-AT&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.
5) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.
6) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.
7) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).
8) When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.
9) If you didn't backup first you should select to do so now.
10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes. - More likely 30-60 minutes from start to finish.
Last edited by RogerG; 07-03-2008 at 12:16 PM.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks my fellow bb nationer
Let us know how it goes!
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i will do
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i haven't had a chance to put this on my phone yet are there any problems like with the memory card anything please post
Don't use a memory card right now, so couldn't tell you. You might want to check the "official" 4.5 threads and skim through those to find anything relating to this.
I installed this on my wifes AT&T 8310 yesterday and it works great!
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sweet I'm gonna do it I'm taking the plunge wait does she use an SD card
Tags for this Thread