Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pjwbur

Hello; I have a BlackBerry Z30, which I'm actually growing quite fond of. However, there ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Z30 Mass Storage overwriting network mapping

Advertisement

Hello;

I have a BlackBerry Z30, which I'm actually growing quite fond of. However, there is an issue with Mass Storage that is driving me mad.

On the device, under Settings, Storage and Access, I have USB Mass Storage turned off. However, when I plug my device into my computer to charge it or back it up, it automatically maps two of my network drives as follows:

BLACKBERRY-97F3 [Pin: XXXX97F3] [Flash] ( Z: )
    BLACKBERRY-97F3 [Pin: XXXX97F3] [SD] ( Y: )

The problem is, the Z: drive maps to a network share at log on, but the BlackBerry "steals" the location.

I don't mind the automatic mapping, my issue is that it overwrites the existing mapping to my Z: drive.
    Last edited by pjwbur; 09-02-2014 at 02:13 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    First, we are migrating to a new site and welcome you to join us. www.techstackers.com Would love to have you there.

Second, are you saying that you already have your Z: drive mapped on your computer, but when you attach your Z30, it steals that drive?

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2
    I will hop over to techstackers.com right away. Thanks for the update.

As to your second question, that is exactly what happens. My logon script maps the Z: drive to a network share, but as soon as I plug in my Z30, it steals the Z: drive for one of the Mass Storage locations.
    RogerG likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'd have to do a little research on as to why it chooses those drives for the device and SD card.