Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Originally Posted by RogerG You'll probably pay more for a Verizon "branded" one. LOL. I ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    You'll probably pay more for a Verizon "branded" one.
    LOL. I hear you. The one that's in my 9650 came with it! If I had to buy one, even though I am a tech idiot, I would have bought a name brand, probably SanDisk. I actually have used other SanDisk products, hence it's recognizable.

I am a simpleton as far as my BB 9650. I use it for email, contacts, calendar, etc. That's it. Now, are you ready to laugh? I don't even use it as a cell phone! LOL. Seriously. Anyway, I haven't dowloaded any apps, games, or anything like that. Simple, straight-forward, and it works. LOL.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's why it's perfect for you to get a 9930, even if you don't use it as a phone. What DO you use for a phone anyway? Don't tell me you have Moto RAZR flip phone in your pocket, too.

That's why it's perfect for you to get a 9930, even if you don't use it as a phone. What DO you use for a phone anyway? Don't tell me you have Moto RAZR flip phone in your pocket, too.
    The Motorola RAZR was three phones ago! LOL. Really, it was. Yes, I do use an old fashioned, obsolete, practically antique LG flip phone. I have never been able to get comfortable speaking into a BB. It's simply the form-factor, format, etc. I always felt like I was talking into a L'eggo waffle or something. LOL. I just like the way an "actual" phone -- a flip phone -- feels, in my hand, up against my ear, etc.

As a side note, I have a theory that due to the shape of a BB, or even other smartphones, as people are talking on the phone, they slowly move their hand, change the angle, etc. and at a certain point they are not speaking "into the phone" so to speak. I have several friends who when the phone call starts, all is fine. After a few minutes, it's no longer fine -- I can't hear, they sound muffled, not clear, etc. -- and I've watched them talk on the phone -- and sure enough, after a while they aren't speaking into the phone.

So, anyway, go ahead and laugh away. All of my friends do. LOL. One phone for texting and one phone for talking! LOL. It is funny. LOL.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hm. Interesting theory. They place the speaker on the bottom of the device for just that reason, so it shouldn't matter the position of the phone/hand/etc. You sure it's not YOU moving YOUR phone away from your ear? Seems more plausible than the other end.

Hm. Interesting theory. They place the speaker on the bottom of the device for just that reason, so it shouldn't matter the position of the phone/hand/etc. You sure it's not YOU moving YOUR phone away from your ear? Seems more plausible than the other end.
    LOL.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blackberry SanDisk is OK.
    Samsung S3....not so much. They've given me 2 replacements. I'm just daring this one to go south.

Won't be a pretty call.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12