Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

So if you wanted to "avoid" the Z10 because it doesn't have a physical keyboard...and ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

Verizon Blackberry question...

Advertisement

So if you wanted to "avoid" the Z10 because it doesn't have a physical keyboard...and you couldn't get a Q10 because of "corporate" reasons (I don't think it's supported, but more I think there are several "conflicts" and/or problems, bugs, etc. with corporate software and applications)...what's the best option?

The Bold 9930?

I hate to ask, but what about buying one of these "other" BB's that's linked to another carrier and having it "unlocked" -- ???

I can't believe I am asking as it's so unlike me. LOL. I take the simplistic approach. I buy it, buy it right, buy it working and I use it. Period. LOL.

What are my options here? Thank you in advance.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You won't be able to use another carrier's device. 9930 is your best option. In my opinion it's the best device they've made to date, especially if your company is still tied into BlackBerry Enterprise.

Thanks Roger. Yes, we are still tied to BES. Our corporate/home office supports Verizon, AT&T, actually everyone. They don't demand a specific carrier and they let us pick who we want. But when it comes to the device, I guess certain devices work with some of their apps, software, etc. and certain ones don't. Apparently, there's a conflict with the BB Q device, although they are "working on it" LOL.

Most BB users in the company have moved to the iPhone. When they announced a beta/field test, they had hundreds of people line up to volunteer. LOL. Once they approved it, worked out the bugs, and rolled it out -- there was a mass exodus from the BB over to the iPhone. Me? I am sticking to my BB. Period. I said the same thing about my Palm Pilot -- and I had the "7" which was the wireless/email thingy. LOL. No keyboard, but I was forced into abandoning that.

I am a loyal BB user. I bought the first model BB in the marketplace. I've been with it a long time and I like it. I am not looking for games, graphics, etc. I don't even surf the web a great deal on it. It's email, contacts, calendar, etc. That's it.

Thanks for the great advice Roger.

BlackBerry is perfect for you then. No reason to go anywhere else. And you'll love the 9930. Awesome device.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I second that the BB Bold 99xx series is the best Blackberry Rim made..
    RogerG and Delfim like this.

Howdy, stranger.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    She looks as good as ever don't she?

When I saw she was in the house I licked my paws and smoothed down my fir.
    RogerG and Delfim like this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

She makes an appearance once in a great while.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    pdx is a breeze of fresh air! It's like someone opened a door and there's a scent of flowers around PS.
    Geez, pdx loves teasing us!

I read up on the 9930 today...looks like a great device. How's the memory? 8GB on board, but you can get a 32GB micro-card. I guess that would be a good thing to have.

It looks like the old Bold 9900 that used to be exclusive to AT&T. I always thought that was a very nice device.

You'd be very happy with that device. And if you have a lot of pictures and videos you'd definitely want that 32gb SD card. I have a 64gb card in my Note.

64gb's? That's big. I actually don't take a lot of pics, and I rarely shoot a video. I have people send me videos, more and more rare these days. Maybe I should just move them over to my laptop and delete them off the BB. As far as pics, like I said, I don't do a lot. Here and there. I have people send me some. I just don't want to "lose what I got" so to speak LOL.

I'm motivated to back this one up and get that new 9930.

About how much is a 32gb SD card? Should I get the Verizon brand one from Verizon? Thanks.

Verizon doesn't make the cards, as far as I know. SanDisk has usually been a trusted name, and while I've never had an issue with mine, there are others who have. Other brands are Kingston, Polaroid, Lexar, Transcend, etc. You could probably find them for 20 bucks and up. Maybe even less. Whatever you get, make sure it's a class 10, which will get you better data transfer speeds.

Got it...thanks.

My current card says "Verizon" on it. Who knows who makes it for them. Regardless, SanDisk and class 10 it is. LOL.

You'll probably pay more for a Verizon "branded" one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast