Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

-----Download the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Get it here . -----Download and install BackBerry Device ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Using JL_Cmder to restore OS when DTM and JL Cmder won't detect device.

Advertisement

-----Download the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Get it here.

-----Download and install BackBerry Device software for your BlackBerry. List here and remove vendor.xml.

-----Download JL_Cmder - Unzip > Double click extracted file to install

-----Icon will appear on desktop confirming install.

-----Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Make sure its NOT running during next steps.

-----In windows click Start > Run > Type CMD
    (or launch Command Prompt from the start menu = Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)

----- Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

----- To do this simply type:
    cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Connect the USB between BlackBerry and your computer.

-----In the Command Prompt window and type:
    loader.exe /nojvm

-----BlackBerry Desktop Manager's Application Loader Wizard will launch.

-----Click Next

-----Select USB for method of connection.

-----The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS. The OS will popup for you to install. Click next right till it starts loading OS. Wait till it says "Finish" to unplug BlackBerry.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    thank hayden...i think we will be needing this one with all the bad upgrades going on

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm trying to save a friend's traumatized BlackBerry (knocked from his hand). But no matter which method I try (this being the third), my computer will simply not recognize the device. Black screen and three red blinks followed by two. I believe the wipe went through (because I didn't get an error message saying otherwise), but this is difficult for me to verify, as I have not been able to power the device. Could this be a port issue? It was a nasty fall. He told me initially that it would power up for a short time, then begin a reboot. Eventually, it wouldn't turn on for him at all. Being the BlackBerry lover that I am, I was hoping to resurrect it. Or does this seem a dead issue?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Nice Hayden!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    I'm trying to save a friend's traumatized BlackBerry (knocked from his hand). But no matter which method I try (this being the third), my computer will simply not recognize the device. Black screen and three red blinks followed by two. I believe the wipe went through (because I didn't get an error message saying otherwise), but this is difficult for me to verify, as I have not been able to power the device. Could this be a port issue? It was a nasty fall. He told me initially that it would power up for a short time, then begin a reboot. Eventually, it wouldn't turn on for him at all. Being the BlackBerry lover that I am, I was hoping to resurrect it. Or does this seem a dead issue?
    If it was that nasty of a fall it could be hardware damage and may not be fixable.
    You could try:
    BB Repair shop

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Thanks, Hayden... I sure hope I won't be needing it, but it's good to have it here.

Nightfire, could it be the battery got jostled or its contacts are not tight?

blackberrypurrl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FFB987
    after i do the nojvm command and then it loads the screen and then it shows my device is connected but when i hit next to load the manager and it just restarts itself. and with jl_smder i hit wipe and it does exact same thing. i took a pic of this.

blackberrypurrl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FFB987
    took a screenshot with the JL_ program and this is what it shows on my BB

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4
    had problems recognizing my 8100 after downgrading from 4.5.0.37. thx for the lifesaver, hayden!
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberrypurrl View Post
    after i do the nojvm command and then it loads the screen and then it shows my device is connected but when i hit next to load the manager and it just restarts itself. and with jl_smder i hit wipe and it does exact same thing. i took a pic of this.
    There's a way around that.

Don't close the Blackberry Application Loader Wizard at this point, keep the wizard in full view. Then, simply Disconnect your BlackBerry from PC. Remove and then replace the battery Then when the Blackberry starts to load (red LED) reconnect the USB cable from the PC to BB.

(May have to try this a few times to time it right, but be patient and plug in as soon as red LED indicates initiation.)

As soon as the "next" button (in your screenshot) shows as clickable' (not ghosted) click it!

Hope this helps.

To all those so called Blackberry killers this is one example of why you just can't kill a Blackberry.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberrypurrl View Post
    took a screenshot with the JL_ program and this is what it shows on my BB
    You should not need JL_cmder for error 507:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1795

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    Lavagirl: Thank you for the link to the repair shop. I'll pass that along to him.

Gkast: Considering the battery cover was cracked into three pieces, I'm sure it took quite a jostling. The connection seems sound, but then again, that is beyond my level of expertise. So, who knows? By some off chance, would having a SIM card help in this process? He has the original SIM and is using it in a back up phone. I told him to bring me an old SIM, just to see if it would have an effect. But if that is pointless, I won't bother.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

I think I just messed up!

I was doing the 4.5SO upgrade when the hour glass kept spinning for over 1 hour.
    When I ran JL-Cmder my screen when blanc with a circle in the middle of it and I could not get it to do anything so I used the factory reset option.
    Now I have a blanc screen with a circle in it which looks like no OS if found and when I connect the desktop manager I do not have an option to restore.
    What can I do to get my 8800 up and running again?
    UPDATE: I was able to re-install the original OS through the app loader. Now I am trying again to re-upgrade to OS 4.5.
    UPDATE II: got everything working fine!
    Last edited by tessitori; 07-09-2008 at 09:50 AM.

tungah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tessitori View Post
    I was doing the 4.5SO upgrade when the hour glass kept spinning for over 1 hour.
    When I ran JL-Cmder my screen when blanc with a circle in the middle of it and I could not get it to do anything so I used the factory reset option.
    Now I have a blanc screen with a circle in it which looks like no OS if found and when I connect the desktop manager I do not have an option to restore.
    What can I do to get my 8800 up and running again?
    UPDATE: I was able to re-install the original OS through the app loader. Now I am trying again to re-upgrade to OS 4.5.
    UPDATE II: got everything working fine!

How did you manage to solve this? I'm having the same issue here. The hour glass spins forever. I've tried several times, including the factory restore option on JL_Cmder, but no luck. Can you tell me what did you to in order to get it working again? I just bought it yesterday and I'm trying to install the Os 4.2.1, cos the 4.5 didn't work out for me. And I have the 8100. Thanks a lot!

******* no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    -----Download the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Get it here.

-----Download and install BackBerry Device software for your BlackBerry. List here and remove vendor.xml.

-----Download JL_Cmder - Unzip > Double click extracted file to install

-----Icon will appear on desktop confirming install.

-----Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Make sure not runing during nexts steps.

-----In windows click Start > Run > Type CMD
    (or launch Command Prompt from the start menu = Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)

----- Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

----- To do this simply type:
    cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Connect the USB between BlackBerry and your computer.

-----In the Command Prompt window and type:
    loader.exe /nojvm

-----BlackBerry Desktop Manager's Application Loader Wizard will launch.

-----Click Next

-----Select USB for method of connection.

-----The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS. The OS will popup for you to install. Click next right till it starts loading OS. Wait till it says "Finish" to unplug BlackBerry.
    Great Article ! This works fine and solve the problem to load new OS after a JL_Cmder Wipe in a BB 8300

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast